Why the Edwards catch should not have been over turned

themunn

Reaction score
hawksfan515":23z7abzk said:
MontanaHawk05":23z7abzk said:
Braylon Edwards: Collector of the kind of easily-excused almost-catches that Golden Tate, somehow, just doesn't drop.

[youtube]hw9Po9eh4M8[/youtube]

[youtube]-68j_umST6Q[/youtube]

Yep. Braylon doesn't catch either of these.

The question with Tate's catch in Miami - yes he's on the ground and he's been touched by the player... but before he's caught the ball. From the moment that he has possession of the ball I don't think anyone touches him whilst he's on the ground.

If a player was blocked and fell to the ground, caught the ball on the ground somehow and got up and ran it in... is he down by contact?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't even know how Pereira is employed in his current position. Seriously, he's supposed to be the "expert" on all the close calls around the league, but I haven't heard him once say a call should be over turned, or that there is EVER a bad call.

All he does is stick up for the refs. No drama and no entertainment there. Fire his ass.

crucifyd

Reaction score
hawker84":kqjtl4r3 said:
as far as soldier field, ya man it looked raggedy as hell, but being an old cat from way back, i love any field with real dirt and grass.... nothing like seeing the apposing QB get up with a big hunk of turf stuck in his facemask...

what he said...

madbohem

Reaction score
crucifyd":211ct3s5 said:
hawker84":211ct3s5 said:
as far as soldier field, ya man it looked raggedy as hell, but being an old cat from way back, i love any field with real dirt and grass.... nothing like seeing the apposing QB get up with a big hunk of turf stuck in his facemask...

what he said...

yeah, there is something sacred about a field you can actually get dirty on

mikeak

Reaction score
themunn":1ytycu2p said:
The question with Tate's catch in Miami - yes he's on the ground and he's been touched by the player... but before he's caught the ball. From the moment that he has possession of the ball I don't think anyone touches him whilst he's on the ground.

If a player was blocked and fell to the ground, caught the ball on the ground somehow and got up and ran it in... is he down by contact?

He has his arms under the ball and is touched by the player. The full control of the ball may come as he is off the guy but as I see it the ball makes impact with tate when he is touched by the other player.