Ruminations on the Cardinals Game

xray

Reaction score
yesterday was a game where the Hawks came in at 11-3 and left looking like 4-11 . IMO

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
xray":2wdj48io said:
yesterday was a game where the Hawks came in at 11-3 and left looking like 4-11 . IMO

If everyone who was out yesterday remains out + the players lost in the game, they basically are a 4-11 team +/-

John63

Reaction score
The biggest thing to me was the obvious change in play call, design and pace after the first series, which if you watch PC and Schotyy had words. First series the pace kept changing, sometimes we hiked right away, then after a few seconds, then using it all. Then the pass patterns were layered with short, int and long. The series after we scored and until it was out of reach runs Into loaded lines, pass plays with everyone going long. What we did on the first drive was alot like what we did most of the season, till the last few games remember the quick slants to DK, the quick hooks, or come backs. The mid range crossing patterns to Lockett etc. They went away about the time our run game took off. Just like 2015 it worked and the only thing that stopped it was PC going back to his run and throw long crap.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1b2r0vwu said:
The biggest thing to me was the obvious change in play call, design and pace after the first series, which if you watch PC and Schotyy had words. First series the pace kept changing, sometimes we hiked right away, then after a few seconds, then using it all. Then the pass patterns were layered with short, int and long. The series after we scored and until it was out of reach runs Into loaded lines, pass plays with everyone going long. What we did on the first drive was alot like what we did most of the season, till the last few games remember the quick slants to DK, the quick hooks, or come backs. The mid range crossing patterns to Lockett etc. They went away about the time our run game took off. Just like 2015 it worked and the only thing that stopped it was PC going back to his run and throw long crap.

Pete may be doing that over thinking game again, pull everything back to basics and not show them stuff and unleash it against the 49ers or the playoffs, he has a habit of doing stuff like that, or as others say getting too cute with how we operate trying to out smart people rather then just out play teams.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":3bv2k3ll said:
John63":3bv2k3ll said:

Pete may be doing that over thinking game again, pull everything back to basics and not show them stuff and unleash it against the 49ers or the playoffs, he has a habit of doing stuff like that, or as others say getting too cute with how we operate trying to out smart people rather then just out play teams.

Perhaps but it's kind of dangerous and demoralizing to the team.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2j2v33hx said:
Now for some perspective after we have all vented.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/a-christma ... mock-draft

Feel free to disagree but the record speaks for itself. Bad games happen.
Agree with everything he said and have always said so. However, Pete could also adjust a bit too. It would be helpful to trust your HOF QB on 3rd and 3 after a possibly momentum changing blocked FG instead of running your 4th string RB left when your Pro Bowl LT is out. I'm very happy to have Pete, but he has weaknesses like everyone and at times stubbornness of philosophy hurts the team.

John63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":q7ilzx8r said:
jammerhawk":q7ilzx8r said:
Now for some perspective after we have all vented.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/a-christma ... mock-draft

Feel free to disagree but the record speaks for itself. Bad games happen.
Agree with everything he said and have always said so. However, Pete could also adjust a bit too. It would be helpful to trust your HOF QB on 3rd and 3 after a possibly momentum changing blocked FG instead of running your 4th string RB left when your Pro Bowl LT is out. I'm very happy to have Pete, but he has weaknesses like everyone and at times stubbornness of philosophy hurts the team.

amazing how far we have fallen that they need to write an op ed to tell us we are no longer shooting for a Sb just simply to have a regular season winning record. Lets take the contrary point if you think winning 1 SB is good enough then why has Pitt, and NE bothered to win many? Why is NE 3 of 6 in the last 6 SBs. Not because they were happy with on, but because they wanted more, and they kept striving to get better. We should want more and want the best form this team and right now despite the record we are not getting it and the main reason is not injuries, it is pig handedness by our HC to not play the system built for and around the players., It is his intent on playing it close and conservative and hoping we can make miracle happen. I am grateful he got us to 2 Sbs, but what has he done lately in the playoffs? Answer nothing, and the main reason is not talent, it is system on both sides of the ball. NE has won because they adapt and change every year and every game to what they have, what will work and what the other team gives up. we do none of those things, and on the rare occasion we do, we don't stay with what works, we always revert back to the old run and throw long and zone defense. None of these work over the long haul anymore. The team we have right now on offense are better suited for a quick passing uptempo offense, we showed it in the first drive of the Cards game, we showed it at times this year, we showed it a lot in 2015. That is what works best for us, but that is not what PC wants and as he has said he does not like quick passing. He likes running and throwing long, but we do not have the line for that. We lost the cards game because the coaches refused to go with what worked.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
My problem with the Cards game is I'm good with tossing worst game and best game and using the rest to score how good or bad you probably are. I had tossed the Rams game as our worst and Niners as our best. Now along comes the Cards game. If I toss this one the Rams game is back in the mix. You just can't ignore 2 really bad games. Our trend isn't pointing upward.

John63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3mc6hoqv said:
My problem with the Cards game is I'm good with tossing worst game and best game and using the rest to score how good or bad you probably are. I had tossed the Rams game as our worst and Niners as our best. Now along comes the Cards game. If I toss this one the Rams game is back in the mix. You just can't ignore 2 really bad games. Our trend isn't pointing upward.

Nope and its sad because it is nothing but hard headiness that is why we lost the cards game and a few others. Now with Lynch back in the fold it will be more of the same.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'm sure the odds reflect your view, John.
A craftsman with a full box of tools has a wide range of capabilities. Take away half his tools and he is seriously compromised. At least we're getting some of the tools back. Even if they are used and rusty it's better than not having them. Cards have been trending up for several weeks. We've been going the other way. Here's hoping we can get that turned around.

mikeak

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1amt8vul said:
I'm sure the odds reflect your view, John.
A craftsman with a full box of tools has a wide range of capabilities. Take away half his tools and he is seriously compromised. At least we're getting some of the tools back. Even if they are used and rusty it's better than not having them. Cards have been trending up for several weeks. We've been going the other way. Here's hoping we can get that turned around.

A Craftsman still doesn't take out the screwdriver to get the nail in. He may use a hammer that is to small / big

Several of the decisions in the Arizona game were HORRIBLE. Unexplainable no matter who was on the field.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
One final thought on last week's game heading into tomorrow:

If Pop Pop Pete confuses the gas pedal and the brake pedal again and drives into the WalMart lobby and smashes into the Coinstar machine, or conversely, falls asleep in the parking lot with the car running for 8 hours until it runs out of gas, it is time to take the keys away. I'm not being funny. This is an actual thing. We all hate to see it happen. Such is life.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I don't understand how you guys play down to the Cardinals level. Because to me you are definitely the better team. But somehow the Cardinals are 5 - 2 in their last 7 tries at Seattle. That's just breathtaking to me. It's unbelievable. Nobody else plays you this good at your house this consistently.

:shock:

John63

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":9k082xj8 said:
I don't understand how you guys play down to the Cardinals level. Because to me you are definitely the better team. But somehow the Cardinals are 5 - 2 in their last 7 tries at Seattle. That's just breathtaking to me. It's unbelievable. Nobody else plays you this good at your house this consistently.

:shock:

2 letters PC.