Who Will Be There At #5?

Smellyman

Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious why that would be, if he's available late in the 1st? 6' 2" with a rocket arm, fantastic pocket awareness and mobility, 23 td's, 132qbr, was ranked #5 in qb rankings, but he's young. Better stats than Levis, with similar stature and arm talent. What am I missing?
He sucked this year. Perhaps if they throw nothing but WR screens

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I really like Bryan Bresee. He has a high motor and plays angry. I like Jalen Carter as well but the questions about his love for the game are concerning. You can't question Bryan. He seems like he would play for free just to be able to have the opportunity to manhandle guys. Violent. Just what we need. I miss the old bully on the block LOB mentality our guys use to have.

I may very well be wrong (or even change my mind in the coming months), but to me, at first blush, Bresse is nearly a worst case scenario for us at #5.

I'm a bit worried about previous injury including an ACL tear in 2021. I don't normally put a lot of stock in college stats, but for someone who specializes in penetration, I'd like to see a lot more TFL, sacks, hits, hurries, etc... but as is, his numbers are meh. In the limited games of his I've seen, he also disappears for large chunks of them - and I'm not sure why.

He has upside, is expected to test well, and has great highlight reels, and most of the experts have him as a clear top 10 - but when I look at him, I really struggle to give him a premium grade at this point.

Ozzy

Reaction score
my guess as of now:

1) bears - will anderson
2) texans - bryce young / cj stroud
3) cards - jalen carter
4) colts - cj stroud / bryce young
5) will levis or trade down

chargers losing to the broncos really ****** our chances at carter and anderson. now i think we trade back and accumulate more picks if JS doesn't want levis.

i like myles murphy and tyree wilson, i just don't see JS valuing them as high as pick #5.
This is how I see it. I do wonder if Carter after his last two games drops out of the top 5 although he will stand out at the combine so who knows. I just wasn't impressed with Carter during the playoffs but I'm not a scout.

chris98251

Reaction score
JS and Pete will not pick anyone you expect, need to see the scores from the testing done, they pick top guys from the drills that are athletic and have a body that fits their profile, football success does play in if they are animals and win, Wilson, Sherman, and Ford, Baldwin in that mix, Baldwin was a UDFA though.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
JS and Pete will not pick anyone you expect, need to see the scores from the testing done, they pick top guys from the drills that are athletic and have a body that fits their profile, football success does play in if they are animals and win, Wilson, Sherman, and Ford, Baldwin in that mix, Baldwin was a UDFA though.
at #5 it will be a known quantity.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I may very well be wrong (or even change my mind in the coming months), but to me, at first blush, Bresse is nearly a worst case scenario for us at #5.

I'm a bit worried about previous injury including an ACL tear in 2021. I don't normally put a lot of stock in college stats, but for someone who specializes in penetration, I'd like to see a lot more TFL, sacks, hits, hurries, etc... but as is, his numbers are meh. In the limited games of his I've seen, he also disappears for large chunks of them - and I'm not sure why.

He has upside, is expected to test well, and has great highlight reels, and most of the experts have him as a clear top 10 - but when I look at him, I really struggle to give him a premium grade at this point.
If they're not taking Anderson or they think they have an elite Franchise QB I think there is a big enough cliff they should/will trade down. I'm usually against trading down but it just feels like after my top 4 there is a zone where all the guys are similar.

Rat

Reaction score
The stupid Chargers taking last week off probably cost us Anderson or Carter. I go back and forth on taking a QB, but if there's a guy they really like, I'd support it, since Geno will be expensive to retain and who knows when we'll have a pick this high again anyway. Otherwise, I don't know, one of the two Clemson DLs look promising. I dont feel comfortable taking Levis or Richardson that high.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
1. Colts take Young.
2. Texans take Stroud.
3. Cards take Anderson.
4. Bears take Carter.
5. Seahawks take the top defensive end on their board.

Levis is too risky to draft this high. Same for Richardson.

BASF

Reaction score
1. Colts take Young.
2. Texans take Stroud.
3. Cards take Anderson.
4. Bears take Carter.
5. Seahawks take the top defensive end on their board.

Levis is too risky to draft this high. Same for Richardson.
So you are thinking Myles Murphy? The other edges at this pick are too small to play DE for what the Hawks are doing and we already have a lot of the OLB types signed next season.

Spohawks

Reaction score
If they're not taking Anderson or they think they have an elite Franchise QB I think there is a big enough cliff they should/will trade down. I'm usually against trading down but it just feels like after my top 4 there is a zone where all the guys are similar.
This is exactly how I see it, top 4 then a drop in value. We just need 1 team to stretch for a different player or a surprise offseason move where 1 of those teams fill that position hole before the draft.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Myles Murphy will be there at 5, What a prospect!
6'5 at 275 pounds and runs a 4.5, looks quick on tape however he only had 6.5 sacks (tied for 69th).

He has all the potential in the world but he is a high risk, high reward player when drafting him that high.

It would be hard to pass on him but I would still say no at 5.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
So you are thinking Myles Murphy? The other edges at this pick are too small to play DE for what the Hawks are doing and we already have a lot of the OLB types signed next season.
Murphy or T. Wilson.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I think they may TRADE UP. If they love someone it won’t cost them a ton .
The only plausible trade up for the Seahawks is with the Cards at #3 to get Anderson, and that would not be a cheap price.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
The only plausible trade up for the Seahawks is with the Cards at #3 to get Anderson, and that would not be a cheap price.
There’s always the chance Houston feels they have too many holes and values more picks over choosing #2.

Not a deal I’d make for the Hawks at this point, but if JS falls in love with a QB or two who knows.

seabowl

Reaction score
Cards are the only spot that will not be traded into by Hawks