Who does Seattle pick at #5? (Poll)

With the Fifth pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select....

• Bryce Young

• CJ Stroud

• Will Anderson Jr

• Will Levis

• Jalen Carter

• Myles Murphy

• Tyree Wilson

• Bryan Bresee

• Other player

• None. They trade out

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rat

Reaction score
If you think Hooker is a potential franchise QB you trade back into the first if he is still there and secure the 5th year option.
If you think he's a franchise QB, you're almost definitely extending him before that fifth year anyway.

James in PA

Reaction score
Again, if the Hawks love AR15 far and above anyone else, they must trade up to 2. Some other team could trade up to 2 or 3, or Indy could take him at 4. I'm going to be annoyed if I hear he was our target and we were "hoping" he'd fall to us, just before someone else grabbed him.

Rat

Reaction score
Taking a center at 5 would obviously be stupid, but a lot of the best centers in recent years have been found in the back half of the first round: Alex Mack, Eric Wood, Travis Frederick, Frank Ragnow, Maurkice Pouncey, Ryan Kelly, Nick Mangold, etc.

James in PA

Reaction score
With the 5th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

Jalen Cropper: Wide Receiver, Fresno State

Maui12thman

Reaction score
I hope that either Anderson, Carter or Richardson are there. If that’s the case, I’m happy with any of the three (sound arguments could be made for each) more importantly, I think any of the three will draw serious trade interest. And I’m not opposed to that either. I truly feel Hawks are playing with house money here and if they wanna take a flyer on any of the above, I’m okay.
……one more sleep!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
My guess is Tyree Wilson. Seems like a beast.

I'd be happy with qbs Young, Stroud, or AR or Anderson, Carter or Wilson. Carter would be my favorite selection based on tape and need at the position.

seabowl

Reaction score
Again, if the Hawks love AR15 far and above anyone else, they must trade up to 2. Some other team could trade up to 2 or 3, or Indy could take him at 4. I'm going to be annoyed if I hear he was our target and we were "hoping" he'd fall to us, just before someone else grabbed him.
When have you ever heard a team admit they wanted a different player who was chosen by another team?

Scout

Reaction score
Regardless which players the Hawks pick up I have a feeling that they nail this draft like they did last year. Lets hope the Hawks go with studs that are on the draft board and don't worry too much with project players. When picking at the back half of the first round for a long period of time that is when teams usually make three choices: 1. Draft BAP 2. Reach for a player they feel has potential and can be developed into a star 3. Trade down.

Given the Hawks draft position in the first round this year going BAP as the board falls would be very straightforward and easy wins.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'll be glad when this is over, we can discuss what we got, and only have to endure some obscure mediot crowing about how he nailed it (with one of his 350 mock entries) thereby vaulting him to "expert" status.
In the meantime I sure hope our staff can plug the holes that are causing us problems.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I want Bijan Robinson. I don't care if it's a reach at #5. I know we have Kenneth, but I think Pete's offense needs 2 RBs. A stable of horses.
Even 2 RBs may not be enough. I watched several of his games last year and for sure, he is a stud. But #5? Not sure about that part. I lean toward fixing our ability to stop guys like him. I subscribe to the notion that if they cant score they cant beat you. Offense sells tickets but defense wins championships.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Actually wouldn’t mind Skoronski at guard the more I think about it. Trade back and stack the trenches