Who does Seattle pick at #5? (Poll)

With the Fifth pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select....

• Bryce Young

• CJ Stroud

• Will Anderson Jr

• Will Levis

• Jalen Carter

• Myles Murphy

• Tyree Wilson

• Bryan Bresee

• Other player

• None. They trade out

Results are only viewable after voting.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Of course, it's the outcome most people want. Myself included. From a National perspective, the QBs, Will Anderson, and Jalen Carter are the only guys worth talking about in the top 5, the other guys being dragged into the convo, are just for that, the convo. Have to fill that time with something.

Base on my evaluation, I wouldn't touch any of these QBs in the top 10, but this draft is lacking blue chip talent, so the most valuable position (QB) gets pushed up the board.

I think Bryce Young is top 5 worthy, however I don't think he can hold up with his slight build. So I would have him lower due to that.

Stroud is overvalued from playing on a loaded team, with a superior scheme. He's good, but not Franchise QB good. He was playing Madden on easy, and getting comped to players playing on All-Pro. It will be a different ball game for him at the NFL level, more so than the other guys.

Levis could go either way, he's the boom or bust guy. Poor decision maker, sloppy footwork. Has everything else if you're cool with his arm motion (which I am). He could be unlocked and become a player. But needs the right coach to unlock him.

Richardson is fool's gold. Unless you're cool with running him until the wheels fall off like RG3, then he could impact early, but eventually will get injured. I don't view him as a prospect that can sit for 2 or 3 years and magically become a refined pocket passer.

So yes, I wouldn't be surprised if only 2 QBs go in the top 5 and the other 2 slip. Also too, drafting QBs high puts your ass on the line as a GM or Coach. If you draft a QB that high he better be the guy or there is a good chance you're getting fired.
As much as I'm intrigued by Richardson, it's hard to disagree with any of that. Solid take.

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Where is the "I have no idea" selection. If I have to choose I would guess that they are going to go with Carter and feel that they can clean up the mental and then reap the rewards of the physical. A guy like him can help your defense in so many ways. That pressure up the middle is way more impactful than the edge pressure in my opinion. If he pans out, he instantly upgrades our edge rushers and coverage and cleans up the linebackers to improve our run defense. A small part of me thinks they are going to take a shot at Richardson. Physically gifted guys like him don't come along every day and if they think they can work on his mechanics and improve his accuracy then he could be a guy that teams have to plan around. I have watched a bunch of videos on him and while his accuracy is definitely a concern, but there were quite a few throws that he made that were incompletions that I feel the receivers should have caught. He also escaped quite a few sacks and instead of running, he found a receiver and threw the ball instead of running. First 4 games of last year he had 5 picks and 2 TD's. Last 8 games he had 15 TD passes and 4 picks. Add in 600+ rushing yards and 9 rushing TD's and you have to at least take a look.

chrispy

Reaction score
Maybe this year is more predictable with the high picks, but literally no one has a 1/2way acceptable record predicting JSs 1st round picks. I worry about Carter. I don't think Anderson will be available. So... I'll check the "who knows" tik.

Mix

Reaction score
Nah, they will stick to their own plan. Not what the fans want. Hendon Hooker in the 2nd round would be worth the pick imo.
If you think Hooker is a potential franchise QB you trade back into the first if he is still there and secure the 5th year option.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawks: Will Anderson Jr. If he's available.

This is the only player I see us drafting at 5.

If not, I expect a trade down and grabbing Nolan Smith at 10 or 11, who has the potential to be the best edge rusher/outside backer in the entire draft.

I thought we were still in on Carter, but all reports are pretty adamant that we're out on Carter after his visit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think people are sleeping on Witherspoon and wouldn't be shocked at all if he is the pick for Seattle.

Maybe at 20 if he lasts that long. But at 5?

He's generally rated to go after Gonzales as far as CB's, but definitely an interesting prospect that'd fit nicely on the other side of Woolen. I don't think anyone's super crazy about Jackson. He played solid, but he's not a playmaker like Woolen is.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Maybe at 20 if he lasts that long. But at 5?

He's generally rated to go after Gonzales as far as CB's, but definitely an interesting prospect that'd fit nicely on the other side of Woolen. I don't think anyone's super crazy about Jackson. He played solid, but he's not a playmaker like Woolen is.
I could see Witherspoon go at 6 to Detroit. I think he goes higher than the media is predicting. If Seattle grabs him it would be after a trade down. It goes against what they usually do with the position but I think this drafts talent could push them to break from the norm.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I could see Witherspoon go at 6 to Detroit. I think he goes higher than the media is predicting. If Seattle grabs him it would be after a trade down. It goes against what they usually do with the position but I think this drafts talent could push them to break from the norm.

Seems high, but you never know.

This will be a crazy draft for sure, lots of unknowns and teams jockeying for position. Including us, which is fun.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can see both sides to picking him. Seems high to pick him, but this was a luxury pick. Regardless how much people wanted it to happen, nobody truly thought Denver would suck that much. And if they say the did, they're flat out lying.
I still think they take Carter. Just hoping that somehow Anderson falls to them.

James in PA

Reaction score
Will Anderson doesn't excite me as much as he should. I guess I see Carter as having a much greater impact on our defense, if he keeps his head on straight, which is a big if. The other thing is I keep hearing about how safe of a pick Anderson is. That alone gives me Aaron Curry, PTSD.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I got to this poll too late to vote. My pick would be Jalen Ramsey.

Edit. Carter.

🤦‍♀️

Last edited: