Who Is The Biggest Seahawks Hater?

Who do you think hates the Seahawks the most?

• Pete Prisco

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Deion Sanders

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Tim Brown

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Michael Irvin

• Skip Bayless

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Maurice Jones-Drew

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Stephen A. Smith

• Other (read my choice)

Votes: 14 13.9%

• Total voters

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fair question, and I said Aikman, not Buck. I've never gotten a Hawk Hater vibe from Buck.
It has seemed to me that Troy Aikman has a negative attitude towards the Seahawks when calling our games.
In fact, what's probably happening is Troy slipping into Cowboys fan mode and letting some of his butthurtness show over the Big-Play Babs FG playoff loss, the Sean Lee wipeout by Golden Tate, and just the general way the 'Hawks have beaten the Cowboys like a drum the last few meetings since 2012.

Admittedly, not a scientific survey on my part, and based on a limited sample size.
I don't see or hear much of Troy Aikman except when he calls our games.
Could be that he knows the Cowboys well but not so much the Seahawks.
I don't recall if it was Aikman who called him, "Rashaad Perry" .
Then of course there is the "assigned narrative" aspect of which announcer gets assigned which "role" to play.
Sort of like considering Skip Bayless as a Seahawks hater... I've never seen him that way. He's just a guy who will say anything, take any position, argue any side, to generate controversy, drama, and attention.

It could be that Aikman is simply the announcer I find the most annoying, ill-informed about our team, and with the highest number of meaningless cliches-per-minute when calling Seahawks games.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3m5dg5ob said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/1072327791587270656[/tweet]

Twilight Zone. What kind of world is this?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1. I bet that hurt to say
2. I doubt he is doing anything BUT trying to save himself from looking stupid, which we all already know he is.
3. Screw you Pricksco, we don't need your praise.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I don’t know if he’s still on the air but Heath Evans came to mind immediately. Never had anything positive to say, even during the 2013 season.
I never understood it because he spent part of his career in Seattle.

beaumaris

Reaction score
Steve2222":29t7ds3k said:
Tim Brown

lol at whoever said Collingsworth. Dude always gushes over our players, especially Russell.
I'm thinking the same.

beaumaris

Reaction score
chris98251":2rs14dqo said:
Aros":2rs14dqo said:
I haven't personally seen Faulk be any kind of a Seahawks Hater myself. In the times I have watched him on NFL Network talking Seahawks I never discerned any obvious negativity. I added MJD to the poll because every time he has to discuss the Seahawks it's almost always in the negative. Some analysts are just that way even when there's no obvious tie to their negativity. He's a Jag but last I checked the Seahawks and Jaguars didn't have any real history.

I almost didn't want to count the Skip Bayless' of the world just because their sole job is to be divisive and insulting to create attention for their shows. Prisco is the obvious choice just because he doesn't even hide his insolence for the Seahawks on any level. I guess you gotta respect someone who owns it. But then again respect and Prisco together creates an oxymoron now doesn't it?

People can all have their own unique reasons for loving or hating a team. I think a large part of the "hate" in recent years comes from us being one of the elite teams in the league to the chagrin of many who still want to relegate the Seahawks as a bunch of nobodies, but that mindset is so 1990's it's pathetic.

We forgot to mention Cris Carter. He's a dbag by nature and his infamous calling out of our receivers as appetizers was not just insulting but smelled of jealousy (after all as good as Carter was in his day, last I checked he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring).

No matter what, it's just all in fun. Haters gonna hate. As long as the Seahawks continue to be a success on the field, let them pile on.

If your hated your successful, otherwise people don't care and you are just the butt of jokes if your really bad.
Exactly. :2thumbs:

seacat1

Reaction score
Mark Schlereth. For some reason he grates on me when does Seahawk games. Maybe he is not good at his job maybe he doesn't like the Seahawks. I'm not sure.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":k8y6r4sy said:
Half of the Dot Net members after a loss.

We hate because we love so much. We're like an abusive husband...............we don't WANT to hurt the Hawks, but they make us so mad sometimes.

There are quite a few old fart senior analysts like Gil Brandt and Bill Polian that still don't agree with Pete's style of coaching, and rarely give him credit. They just can't (or refuse) to acknowledge that there are other ways to coach and GM other than being old school hard asses.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1iojt30x said:
Nate Burleson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? The guy who made a case for Wilson > Rogers on GMF the week of that game, and who is constantly showing a soft spot for the team?

Seymour

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":3k5zr8lg said:
I don’t know if he’s still on the air but Heath Evans came to mind immediately. Never had anything positive to say, even during the 2013 season.
I never understood it because he spent part of his career in Seattle.

Evans got axed off of NFL Network quite a while ago. They kept it hush but I think he had some sexist type allegations against him (like all the rest of the wingnuts they've canned).

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/heath_evans_fired_nfl_network.html

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Mine is Troy Aikman. - i find myself being more than annoyed by the manner in which he covers the Seahawks, especially when they are playing his old nemesis'. Aikman favors his old opponents more than the seahawks of today. Been that way since the hasselbeck hawks.

Chawker

Reaction score
Just wait until we play the Cowboys come play-off time. Skip will start up his usual lip smacking about how much better those Cowboys are compared to our Seahawks. Its comming, if his precious Cowboys don't fall a part first.

Latest posts