Who do you want for HC next year if PC moves on?

Rat

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":170tyki3 said:
I’d like to say Bienemy but I don’t know. He has been passed on so many times I worry there is something we don’t know. He could be a great OC but a terrible HC. I can tell you the league will be pushing hard for him to get a HC job out of a worry of some sort of racial narrative.

IIRC Bienemy has some pretty bad off-field red flags. The current culture isn't too forgiving to that kind of thing.

If we did want to look closely at a minority candidate, Byron Leftwich is pretty intriguing. Yeah, there's the concern that Tom Brady makes him look better, but he was spoken very highly of even before then. He's a very hard worker anyway, and whatever he has soaked up from Arians/Bowles probably helps tremendously.

Demeco Ryans too, although it sounds like we all pretty much agree on wanting an offensive-minded guy.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I know Bieniemy as a high class individual with a good deal of NFL success experience and a solid offensive pedigree. My question would be who he would choose to fill out his staff.
As far as the "passed on" comment...he has been offered a lot of jobs but in most of those case he is the one who passed, electing to stay with the Chiefs. With his son about done with school (in Oklahoma) I believe his attitude might be about ready to take a turn. I would choose him over Harbaugh every time.

Rat

Reaction score
Appyhawk":383yq0d1 said:
I know Bieniemy as a high class individual

Sounds like it: https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc ... t-a-woman/

Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

“She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I am not opposed to Bienemy at all. Just cautious.

I think Jim Harbaugh would come in succeed immediately. He can’t beat Ohio State. He’d probably be easy to convince to come here.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ivnbjn7 said:
I will take Harbaugh.

He isn't lighting up college but we don't need that.

He knows how to nurture and build good lines, and how to nurture a QB.

If Wilson can make Carroll look good, pretty sure we don't even need a great coach, just a good one.

He took Kap to the effing SB for H sake. He would do just fine.

Plus he might be a bit of a DB but he likes tough, physical football - and we need that.
No way. The team turns on him after 3-4 years. That's why he's a good fit in college. The best players only have to deal with him for 2-3 years. Think how badly ADB and Sherm hated him after college. He's a whiny turd who clashes with everyone. And personality aside, he inherited a fantastic collection of talent that hadn't had a good coach for 5+ years. He had instant success with them, which I think in large part was due to Singletary's method. He was a poor Xes and Os guy but he corralled that group of prima donnas into thinking as a team and were only a decent coach away from a championship caliber tram.. As they went along in the Harbaugh era and "his" draft picks and trades took root on the team, their success started sliding and then plummeting. Players were discontented and he was a dead man walking before the end of his inal season. He's an unlikeable jerk with middling success as a coach. He's way better suited to college where the players aren't going to be around him for more than 3 years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug or Chris Pederson, Leftwich, Kris Richard, Dan Quinn, Harbaugh.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Another vote for Harbaugh. He outcoached PC in that game too but lynch and sherm bailed him out

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3cqwcem1 said:
I will take Harbaugh.

If Wilson can make Carroll look good, pretty sure we don't even need a great coach, just a good one.

Plus he might be a bit of a DB but he likes tough, physical football - and we need that.
Harbaugh's ideal offense is the same as Pete's. You think Pete the problem so you want a guy who wants to run the same old school pro style offense to replace him

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Anybody but one of Carrolls sons. I'm terrified of the thought that Pete might hand the reigns over to one of them.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1vycgbmu said:
Anybody but one of Carrolls sons. I'm terrified of the thought that Pete might hand the reigns over to one of them.

That would be a disaster. I would more expect Carroll to try to stick around in an executive role and require any new HC to keep his son on staff. Funny how his son is on the offenses staff and the offense always ends up looking the same after a few brief flirtations with change.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
McVay. He’s not leaving LA though. He can win with both/either units.

That leaves Shanny. SFO is in the toilet, but Shanny gets a pass because Lynch gets the blame. There’s also a chance he might be available.

Stefanski.

It’s been a hell of a run. I don’t think we bounce back anytime soon with a regime change. Pisses me off. This team is so close with or without Russ and for some reason, it finds a way to lose.

TraderGary

Reaction score
NJlargent":29mk0k4l said:
Another vote for Harbaugh. He outcoached PC in that game too but lynch and sherm bailed him out

Every HC in the NFL outcoaches Pete on a weekly basis, and has for years. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Harbaugh is a defense first coach who likes to pound the ball on offense. Sound familiar? Why would you want a repeat of what we already have?

If by some miracle Pete elects to move on, or if by an even bigger miracle, Jody decides to actually take action and fire him, the Hawks need to hire an offensive-minded HC who understands how to properly utilize and take advantage of Wilson's talents, something we've never seen under Pete.

As the OP suggested, I would be open to the possibility of Pederson. Another name that seems to be gaining momentum around the league is Kellen Moore, OC for the Cowboys.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
TraderGary":3dh96xo0 said:
NJlargent":3dh96xo0 said:

Every HC in the NFL outcoaches Pete on a weekly basis, and has for years. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Harbaugh is a defense first coach who likes to pound the ball on offense. Sound familiar? Why would you want a repeat of what we already have?

If by some miracle Pete elects to move on, or if by an even bigger miracle, Jody decides to actually take action and fire him, the Hawks need to hire an offensive-minded HC who understands how to properly utilize and take advantage of Wilson's talents, something we've never seen under Pete.

As the OP suggested, I would be open to the possibility of Pederson. Another name that seems to be gaining momentum around the league is Kellen Moore, OC for the Cowboys.

What comes to mind with you saying an offensive mind is Holmy No thanks 10 seasons was enough.

hawker84

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3mo3s4ty said:
I will take Harbaugh.

:pukeface: :pukeface:

:pukeface:
Thats hard pass for me. Rather go through ground chuck years again then have to watch that immature toddler on our sidelines..

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Go get the local product, Joe Lombardi.

I would imagine being able to coach his hometown team would be special to him.

He has helped Justin Herbert be a rising young star.

I see no reason why Wilson wouldn’t want to work with him also.

He’s also coached Drew Brees as QB coach as well.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If RW stays, then I'd like to steal a DC from one of the top 3 defenses BUT will somehow let Shane Waldron do what he does and see how that goes.

If RW goes, then take OC from the top 3 offenses but admittedly would be hard to do without Russ there ready to go either.

hoxrox

Reaction score
lol Jim Harbaugh? No.

5xdF.gif

27xO

ZagHawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":1pxd5pi7 said:
lol Jim Harbaugh? No.

5xdF.gif

27xO

Out of respect for PC (Believe it or not I don't hate him, i just want to move on). It would be absurd to fire him and hire Harbaugh. Plus I'm not convinced with Harbaughs short lived success in the NFL and the trajectory he went out.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Another vote for Harbaugh.

Different style than PC, obviously, but his players play hard for him, and he made the best of a limited Krappernick's abilities and set him up to succeed.

I recall him picking several Hawks for the Pro Bowl when he was the coach, and also listening to an interview with him where he had accurate and insightful things to say about our players. The man is a student of the game, respects the game, and even if Michigan isn't winning national titles right now, I'd sooner chalk it up to him not being as great a recruiter as some other coaches, not his limitations as a coach.

Who cares about his sideline antics; not me. That's just gameday theater. Dude is a proven NFL coach.