Which Would YOU Choose?

Would you rather win $100,000 or watch the Seahawks win the Super Bowl?

• Sorry Seahawks, I need the cash.

Votes: 93 63.3%
  • Really? Like I have a choice. (HAWKS!!)

Votes: 54 36.7%

• Total voters

Johnny

Reaction score
bestfightstory":t3k0ygh7 said:
Not to mention: How selfish is it to take a $100,000 personal payout for oneself over the collective happiness of the Seattle Seahawks entire organization and fan base?????

Who says the people that would take the money would just waste it?

I'm sure the people that would take the money would use it to support their families, and I would much rather put my daughter through college than watch the Hawks win a super bowl.... what's selfish about that?.. This is just a game to watch on sundays and talk about mon.-sat., this is not my life or my family.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
$100,000 isn't a ton but I love money. My first love is money followed second by my love for the hawks......

So I'm taking the cash. I'd invest it and retire a year or two faster, that would be worth it for me.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Johnny":3ly3x8c5 said:
bestfightstory":3ly3x8c5 said:
Not to mention: How selfish is it to take a $100,000 personal payout for oneself over the collective happiness of the Seattle Seahawks entire organization and fan base?????

Great Question!!! Who says that?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If they took the Money over the Hawks, they wasted the money.

Axx

Reaction score
Johnny":8pbfdwzc said:
bestfightstory":8pbfdwzc said:

I'm sure the people that would take the money would use it to support their families, and I would much rather put my daughter through college than watch the Hawks win a super bowl.... what's selfish about that?.. This is just a game to watch on sundays and talk about mon.-sat., this is not my life or my family.

I was planning on buying this actually

2014 cadillac cts v ny autoshow 3

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
In response to Aro's OP, I imagined a guy dressed in MIB standing in front of me with an open briefcase full of $100 bills totaling $100k.

Being a business man nearing retirement I originally thought take the $, retire earlier and we will win a Superbowl next year. Then it occurred to me to reread the OP. My choice, get the dough or get to watch the Seahawks win a SB. If I take the $ it means I will never see it happen in my lifetime and that is too big a trade.
In that case I will gladly turn down the $ and watch the Seahawks win a Super Bowl, preferably this year.

fsmassey

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1tyff0ic said:
Aros":1tyff0ic said:
Be honest now. (Leif I'm looking at you).

Are you kidding me?? How'd I get called out on this one?

I have never let $$$ dictate the way I live my life (to my credit AND detriment, at times) nor govern what's important to me.

I live rentfree and travel just about anywhere and anytime I want.

Not that I couldn't find innumerable ways to enhance my own personal alternative lifestyle with that kind of windfall, but c'mon!!

Life is good! Give me a Seahawks Super Bowl.

/Thread.

Go 'Hawks.

bigcc

Reaction score
anyone who chooses a super bowl is a fool, the suspense and momentary excitement is what makes football..... if you know that no matter what happens the seahawks will win the superbowl games would have literally no emotional value

EDIT: Assuming you can't just go empty your bank account and sell your house/cars on odds hawks win the superbowl

TheHawkster

Reaction score
No cash and The Seahawks win at least 1 Super Bowl in my lifetime?
or
$100,000 and they never win a Super Bowl?

Its not even a question......There's no chance of me taking the cash.

Knowing they will never win would ruin my fandom more.
You might as well take the cash and root for a different team or stop watching entirely.....
That's just wrong.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TheHawkster":3uqdhu0e said:
No cash and The Seahawks win at least 1 Super Bowl in my lifetime?
or
$100,000 and they never win a Super Bowl?

Its not even a question......There's no chance of me taking the cash.

Knowing they will never win would ruin my fandom more.
You might as well take the cash and root for a different team or stop watching entirely.....
That's just wrong.

Precisely.

kearly

Reaction score
I'd put it this way, if you paid me 100k to stop being a Seahawks fan, I'd probably do it. I love the Seahawks like nothing else, but at the end of the day it's just entertainment. There are Seahawks fans who quit following the team for free every single day, for all sorts of crazy reasons. Like say, I dunno, the hit that Sidney Rice took to the head in the Chicago game, for example. Ahem.

Also, I should point out the obvious- I think one's perspective on this question really has more to do with their financial lives than their fandom. If I had a million in the bank or a secure job that paid 80k a year, I wouldn't consider the proposal for a second.

Of course, I don't have those things, so I'd take the money - to quit the team, but I don't think I'd feel great about taking the money and putting a cosmic curse on the Seahawks for the next 40-70 years though. Just for how much that would make life suck for everyone else, I couldn't agree to something like that.

BallHawk

Reaction score
If it's just this season I take the cash and wait for next year but if you're talking about forever then I have to go with the win.

McG

Reaction score
I can't really answer this question based on a few simple facts.

The fact that $100,000 is a game check for a low to mid level player is insane to me, due to the fact that my family and I are struggling because I'm a disabled vet who has to go to school just barely get enough money to pay bills.

Also, I've loved the Hawks ever since I was old enough to know what a football was. I was gutted when we were robbed in Superbowl XLBS and felt like I was in a bad dream, so obviously I would love for them to win and be forever happy. With that said $100,000 would pay off the rest of my house and get me out of debt, so yeah in my situation my wife would kill me if I didn't take the cash.

How about this instead, the NFL gives us back part of the billions they make annually just for being loyal fans and spending thousands over the years. Yeah right I know that is a dream, but I figure we are all just BSing around here.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
In my past, lots of money just made me a worse person. Besides, making 100K isn't that hard. I want a Lombardi to talk about. I want more than one so I too can be a smug ass.

A

Anonymous

This reminds me of a radio morning show call-in poll done back in the day. The question was: $50,000 cash, or perfect regularity? Surprisingly, most chose being able to poop at the same time every day over the money.

I chose the cash, mostly for the same rationale as Kip indicated. All said and done, my fanaticism of the Seahawks is the entertainment segment of my life, as opposed to a means of sustenance. Sure, witnessing a Hawks SB win would be the ultimate feeling, but at some point, knowing my bank account is in good shape is more important on every other level.

Perhaps the question should be something more like: What would you pay for a Hawks Super Bowl victory?

My answer? Probably around $500. That would translate into two shopping carts full of quality groceries, or two months of cell phone bills for the family. $100,000 buys a LOT of groceries.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1n4jxnow said:
I'm taking the money because I believe the Seahawks are winning the Super Bowl regardless.

This.

And as another poster said, if taking the $100k meant that I would never see the Seahawks win a SB in my lifetime, that's another matter... that's some odd, supernatural junk that would cause me to re-examine my entire worldview - and that kind of stuff ends up going beyond sports fandom or financial issues. :|

EDIT: Seeing that Aros re-addressed the question and indicated that it would be $100k with the Hawks never winning a SB, I'd have to say no to the money.

That simply isn't enough to justify that level of heartache. But I will tell you right now, yes, there is a level at which I would take the money. It would have to be enough that I could eliminate all debt automatically and give me the freedom to live completely independently and comfortably, while also allowing me to help members of my extended family who are in need and establishing some philanthropic pursuits, as well.

I have never loved any sports organization as much as I love the Seahawks, but while being a Seahawks fan is a significant part of who I am - it's still only a part. I don't stay up at night with existential angst over whether or not I'll die without seeing the Hawks lift the Lombardi, though I recognize that as a possibility. I do, however, tend to lose sleep over my wife's health, or my next job hunt, or whether or not we should sell our house, or if I'm saving enough for my daughter's college fund. That stuff has an immediacy to it that sports just can't touch, for me.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Cash and possible SB victory in the future? Cash. Too many bills to pay.

Cash and no SB in the future? Seahawks. Love the team too much to face guaranteed futility.

grizbob

Reaction score
Either one would probably kill me, so a Super Bowl win would mean dying happy :th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I couldn't take the money because I know it means I just screwed over an entire legion of Seahawks fans who are similarly going to suffer through the drought. Alternately, the money means I'm going to die early.

Latest posts