Which Would YOU Choose?

Would you rather win $100,000 or watch the Seahawks win the Super Bowl?

• Sorry Seahawks, I need the cash.

Votes: 93 63.3%
  • Really? Like I have a choice. (HAWKS!!)

Votes: 54 36.7%

• Total voters

sam1313

Reaction score
Aros":1g38m1r7 said:
Johnny":1g38m1r7 said:
I'm taking the CASH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 35yrs old and have been a fan of the Seahawks for 25 of those years and they have never won a Super Bowl in my time as a fan, so I would take the cash and still be a Hawks fan with-or-without a super bowl ring.... simple question to answer.

Not as simple as you think. For me, I am 44 years old, have been a diehard since their inception in 1976 and like most of us, I could really, REALLY use $100K. However, I have spent 37 years on this earth and have given my all to this team. So many years of let-down, heartache, disappointment, anger, on and on.

I don't want to leave this planet without seeing my physical, emotional, mental investments become worth every moment.

Some of us don't get that chance. If I do? That's my $100K right there.

Too funny Aros. From reading your posts over the past few years I thought you were like 80, and ready to kick the bucket at any tiem. Instead, you are just a year older than me. For some reason, I now feel really old....

sam1313

Reaction score
Erebus":3brv9y91 said:
If taking the $100K prevents the Seahawks from ever winning the Super Bowl, I'm going with the Hawks. Otherwise, if its just a year or two where they can't win, I'm taking the money.

:13: Like Zublak, I also think the Hawks are winning this year anyway.

warden

Reaction score
Really the most unrealistic choice, no one will give you 100 grand. So it really doesn't matter how you answer this

Let's ask a more realistic question which hopefully most of us will have to decide this year.

Lets say the Seahawks do make the Superbowl, and that you are a season ticket holder. The Seahawks will have about 5000 tickets for the game available for their season ticket holders. They will run a lottery for the right to purchase those tickets. One name goes into the hat for every year that you have been a season ticket holder, if your name is drawn you have the right to purchase two tickets at face value which will be well over a grand a piece ( I think they are around 2 grand a piece). You go down and buy those tickets and someone is waiting there to offer you an 8000 instant profit (which will happen)if you sell them on the spot. Now that's be realistic here, the high cost of those tickets is just the beginning, you then have to get time off work, find a flight and hotel. Last year in New Orleans hotels on superbowl weekend where over 2 Gs a night. So do you spend the 10 to 12 thousand that it would cost for a four day week end or do you pocket the 8 grand and watch it on TV?. Let's be realistic here, most people live pay check to pay check , have families to support, bills to pay and would have to go into debt to pay for this trip. What would you do ? When it comes right down to it and having to put up your own money, it is a difficult decision. It is also a question that will be answered differently by many due to different personal situations.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
warden":25y5pnbv said:
Really the most unrealistic choice, no one will give you 100 grand. So it really doesn't matter how you answer this

Let's ask a more realistic question which hopefully most of us will have to decide this year.

Lets say the Seahawks do make the Superbowl, and that you are a season ticket holder. The Seahawks will have about 5000 tickets for the game available for their season ticket holders. They will run a lottery for the right to purchase those tickets. One name goes into the hat for every year that you have been a season ticket holder, if your name is drawn you have the right to purchase two tickets at face value which will be well over a grand a piece. You go down and buy those tickets and someone is waiting there to offer you an 8000 instant profit if you sell them on the spot. Now that's be realistic here, the high cost of those tickets is just the beginning, you then have to get time off work, find a flight and hotel. Last year in New Orleans hotels on superbowl weekend where over 2 Gs a night. So do you spend the 10 to 12 thousand that it would cost for a four day week end or do you pocket the 8 grand and watch it on TV?. Let's be realistic here, most people live pay check to pay check , have families to support, bills to pay and would have to go into debt to pay for this trip. What would you do ? When it comes right down to it and having to put up your own money, it is a difficult decision. It is also a question that will be answered differently by many due to different personal situations.

I spent the money and went to Detroit (flew in Sunday morning flew out Sunday night... didn't get a hotel). This time around finances simply won't allow it and i'd take the cash.

If the game were in Arizona or San Francisco this year, and it were an easy road trip, then i'd probably keep the tickets.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sam1313":2502wsfl said:
Too funny Aros. From reading your posts over the past few years I thought you were like 80, and ready to kick the bucket at any tiem. Instead, you are just a year older than me. For some reason, I now feel really old....

LOL! Dude, that seriously made me Laugh Out Loud. Well done.

warden

Reaction score
JSeahawks":229a0pew said:
warden":229a0pew said:

Lets say the Seahawks do make the Superbowl, and that you are a season ticket holder. The Seahawks will have about 5000 tickets for the game available for their season ticket holders. They will run a lottery for the right to purchase those tickets. One name goes into the hat for every year that you have been a season ticket holder, if your name is drawn you have the right to purchase two tickets at face value which will be well over a grand a piece. You go down and buy those tickets and someone is waiting there to offer you an 8000 instant profit if you sell them on the spot. Now that's be realistic here, the high cost of those tickets is just the beginning, you then have to get time off work, find a flight and hotel. Last year in New Orleans hotels on superbowl weekend where over 2 Gs a night. So do you spend the 10 to 12 thousand that it would cost for a four day week end or do you pocket the 8 grand and watch it on TV?. Let's be realistic here, most people live pay check to pay check , have families to support, bills to pay and would have to go into debt to pay for this trip. What would you do ? When it comes right down to it and having to put up your own money, it is a difficult decision. It is also a question that will be answered differently by many due to different personal situations.

I spent the money and went to Detroit. This time around finances simply won't allow it and i'd take the cash.

I did not win the right to purchase tickets for Detroit, cost have gone up a huge amount since then. This year I would have my name in the hat 17 times so my odds of having the option to purchase those tickets are pretty good. My wife and I have been discussing this. It will come down to if I can book a hotel and flight without breaking the bank that will be the deciding factor for us. We will be in a position to definitely consider going.

Johnny

Reaction score
warden":3boj6kl4 said:

Lets say the Seahawks do make the Superbowl, and that you are a season ticket holder. The Seahawks will have about 5000 tickets for the game available for their season ticket holders. They will run a lottery for the right to purchase those tickets. One name goes into the hat for every year that you have been a season ticket holder, if your name is drawn you have the right to purchase two tickets at face value which will be well over a grand a piece ( I think they are around 2 grand a piece). You go down and buy those tickets and someone is waiting there to offer you an 8000 instant profit (which will happen)if you sell them on the spot. Now that's be realistic here, the high cost of those tickets is just the beginning, you then have to get time off work, find a flight and hotel. Last year in New Orleans hotels on superbowl weekend where over 2 Gs a night. So do you spend the 10 to 12 thousand that it would cost for a four day week end or do you pocket the 8 grand and watch it on TV?. Let's be realistic here, most people live pay check to pay check , have families to support, bills to pay and would have to go into debt to pay for this trip. What would you do ? When it comes right down to it and having to put up your own money, it is a difficult decision. It is also a question that will be answered differently by many due to different personal situations.

Still taking the cash, Even if I could afford to swing 10-12 grand on a trip to the super bowl that doesn't mean all my friends and family could come with me, I would rather spend the time watching the super bowl with them than in a city all by myself.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Riley12":24bqz1n9 said:
Yes, please tell me who votes for the money so that I can put them on Ignore!

You're going to put me on ignore, Riley? :(

$100,000 is a lot of money. I'm not afraid to admit I would take that instead. Now, however, I would likely sacrifice more dignity than anyone else here to see the Seahawks win the Super Bowl. Remember the bet I lost with a coworker for our playoff game @ Lambeau a few years ago... :34853_doh:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I'm just not sure people realize how fleeting $100,000 is. Everybody has a different financial situation, and I understand that. But this reminds me of the weird talk we always hear when the Powerball gets obscenely high. I use to bartend and people would talk about "What they would do if..." Listening closely, it was odd how many of the life changes these people had put away into 'dream scenarios' were actually obtainable WITHOUT winning a lottery.

"Travel more"

"Quit my job"

"Learn to ______"

"Travel to more Seahawks games"

Granted, most of us can't figure out a way to buy a personal jet without a winning Powerball ticket, but most of what we really want from life is within our grasp. It really is.

$100.000? That can come and go through our hands in no time.

I want a Super Bowl Championship and all the great memories that will bring with it. When that happens.. Probably this year. Maybe 2014 or 2015. If I am alive to see it-that season will recontextualize my entire life. Going back to my first visit to Seattle as a kindergartner in 1974 to all of the 60some visits to Seattle since then. Relationships i have formed along the way. Seasons past. And seasons future. I think the afterglow of a Super Bowl Championship Seahawks season would be enough for me to step back slightly and ride that wave into other devotions and obsessions. Maybe try a new career or hike the Pacific Crest Trail?

Whatever it meant to me would be more important than whatever I could think to do with 100 grand.

Not to mention: How selfish is it to take a $100,000 personal payout for oneself over the collective happiness of the Seattle Seahawks entire organization and fan base?????

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2062i5t7 said:
I agree with your points about the lasting duration of $100,000, BFS; but you have to admit, that makes a nice house down payment no matter what anyone says.

Hahaha. How much is a down payment for one of those condos in the Clink parking lot??

Higher floor. Windows facing south?

......that was one of my first thoughts.....

AVL

Reaction score
I'd be happy to watch it on rewind, just like most of the regular season games.

mretrade

Reaction score
I paid the cash and went to this last years super bowl. My team lost but it was still an awesome experience. I think every fan should have the experience to attend a sporting event of that magnitude.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
mretrade":1iejxidv said:
I paid the cash and went to this last years super bowl. My team lost but it was still an awesome experience. I think every fan should have the experience to attend a sporting event of that magnitude.

Well, then, it's good you got that out of the way cuz your team isn't going back for a very long time.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe I should have been more clear.

Would you rather have $100K or the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl meaning if you choose the money, the Seahawks will never win the Super Bowl in your lifetime.

That's what I meant to say.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I would give up the money, my right ball (the big one) and my collection of beanie babies for a SuperBowl victory prior to my death.

however, to be fair, the money is fake, my ball probably needs removed anyway, I mean you could play tennis with it and they aren't really beanie babies, just a sock full of rice I drew a picture of Radish on.

Axx

Reaction score
i'll take the money without second guessing. I wouldn't mind having 100k.

Dude McCrackin

Reaction score
I'm taking the money for 1 year because I could really do some good stuff with that... But if you're saying I take the money and we never win then no question, I'm taking the Super Bowl