Which QB falls unexpectedly

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You are invested!! It will be "Soul" crushing if Penix flames out. See what I did there??

The success rate is so low for QB's it won't Suprise me if any of them are flops.

I'm not rooting for any of them to flop - but it happens - all the time. Just looking out for your mental wellbeing!
Solid. I liked it.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Interesting that people give Williams a pass for his flaws, but not McCarthy, who has only lost four games since high school.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Interesting that people give Williams a pass for his flaws, but not McCarthy, who has only lost four games since high school.
Dorsey also dominated in the W/L category at Miami. Doesn’t mean anything.

GemCity

Reaction score
Personally, I have my doubts about Williams.

It sounds like Chicago is sold on him though.

Last year, Carolina took the wrong guy imo. I’d hate to be the GM that makes that type of mistake this year.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Me too. I get the infatuation with his physical traits and passing skills, but the rest scares me.

Chawker

Reaction score
Both Nix and McCarthy have been pushed higher then there inherent values, JJ had a very good team around him. And Nix inability to win a national championship and loses in big games.

To many QBs at the top this year, good luck to this years NFLs shoppers.Buyers beware.

Cheers

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Williams reminds me a bit of a guy that used to QB for us. An OL's nightmare. But he doesn't have the arm our SB winner had nor the class (a very subjective word, I know). Nor does he have the maturity. I don't hate Williams but to me, he's a bit of a microcosm of how far sports has fallen in terms of sportsmanship. The frikin Heisman trophy was awarded to a guy that had his mom paint things like F**K UTAH on his finger nails? Seriously? With another me-first player winning it again this year, that once sacred award is starting to lose it's luster (imo). But Williams will go first and he will put butts in seats and he will get hurt with his oft-times reckless style of play.

To me, if Drake Maye falls to #2, that is a fall. You kidding me? This guy is a victim of the nay-saying press. He had crap talent around him, a crappier OL, and a new QB coach (iirc) after his sensational first year. His biggest mistake was not transferring out. But, if we're going to start penalizing players for being loyal to their home team? Another sign of the times.

Maye has it all. I don't feel like he's a plug and play guy this year, he needs some better coaching and he'll get that. Betting on such a thing would be reckless of me because I have no idea of the situation he will land in. But being a betting guy, I'd be willing to bet that 10 years from now, Maye has more pro-bowls than any of his peers and probably more than a few combined. Chicago should draft Maye and then Odunze. In that scenario, Maye definitely would see multiple pro-bowls (IMO).

Long term, I don't think I've been this high on a QB since Andrew Luck.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think McCarthy did exactly what they wanted out of him and the system allowed him to produce some incredible numbers.

But it is hard to put it in perspective when you’ve got NFL caliber rookie linemen in front of you on the collegiate level.

Absolutely not a knock on JJ. I think he’s a baller. His decision making is top notch.

Won’t be mad if we got him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Both Nix and McCarthy have been pushed higher then there inherent values, JJ had a very good team around him. And Nix inability to win a national championship and loses in big games.

To many QBs at the top this year, good luck to this years NFLs shoppers.Buyers beware.

Cheers
😂. UO lost those game because of garbage safety’s. If they even have an average safety at UW, Penix last TD is an easy INT. I’ve never seen a qb get knocked so much for losing 4 games in 2 years.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Need a QB who can be both consistent and healthy. Dual threat QB's like Allen, Jackson, Fields seem to be very much in these days. Need a QB who could earn the respect over in the veterans, not just earn their way into being a leader but also a team player. Not just talking the talk but walking the walk. On and off the field.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Need a QB who can be both consistent and healthy. Dual threat QB's like Allen, Jackson, Fields seem to be very much in these days. Need a QB who could earn the respect over in the veterans, not just earn their way into being a leader but also a team player. Not just talking the talk but walking the walk. On and off the field.
JJ is the one that represents that best in my view. Seems to really have his head screwed on straight, doesn't pout or whither under pressure, rises to the occasion, decision making is excellent as noted above by Gem City, and he is very cerebral. That's why he reminds me of a young Brady, and why he seems poised for long term success in my opinion. And when asked to do more than normal, he delivers. Just because he's not asked to, doesn't mean he can't. If we knock some players with big numbers because of the system they play in, then logic dictates the reverse is also true, and players like JJ without huge numbers shouldn't be penalized because of the system they play in.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
JJ is an Alex Smith. Good player that you can win with but he's not a true difference maker at the position. He just isn't.

Caleb is clearly that guy. The way that he operates both in & out of structure. He's different. Special talent.

Jayden has some holes in his game. Doesn't have the strongest arm. But his running ability is what makes him unique.

Maye has the physical tools. He just needs time for it to click for him.

I like Nix more than most. But I think he will end up lasting till the 2nd round. Teams don't seem so enamored with him.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
JJ is the one that represents that best in my view. Seems to really have his head screwed on straight, doesn't pout or whither under pressure, rises to the occasion, decision making is excellent as noted above by Gem City, and he is very cerebral. That's why he reminds me of a young Brady, and why he seems poised for long term success in my opinion. And when asked to do more than normal, he delivers. Just because he's not asked to, doesn't mean he can't. If we knock some players with big numbers because of the system they play in, then logic dictates the reverse is also true, and players like JJ without huge numbers shouldn't be penalized because of the system they play in.
JJ wasn't the focal point of the offense, thus way less pressure. JJ can only do what he's asked but is the NFL the place you want to find out for the first time? I'd prefer for my QB to have shown the offense runs through him over and over, in big games under immense pressure. He may be great, but I would bet my money on Bo Nix way before JJ.