Which QB falls unexpectedly

chris98251

Reaction score
We have talked round and round, Mediots elevate and deflate value up and down, people on this board have called Nix a late rounder Penix a 3rd rounder, all that has changed to first rounder or high first rounder now.

Question is, which celebrated QB this year falls and is sitting in the Green Room longer then expected.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Sounds like Maye to me also, according to a lot of the talking heads. I don't get the hype on McCarthy either but I don't necessarily think he'll fall.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm gonna' guess Maye. Even though I'm not sure if McCarthy is the sure thing that so many mediots think he is. I'd be very nervous.

And for the record, I'd be nervous about pretty much all of these guys. For various reasons. But that's part of the position and taking a guy in the 1st or 2nd round.

NoGain

Reaction score
Someone will take Maye because of his size, athletic ability, arm talent, etc... It only takes one, and with so many QB hungry teams he'll go pretty high most likely.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I predict that Bo Nix will be a Day 2 draftee... near the top of Round 3.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Penix should be a high 2nd, 3rd is too low.
He'll still likely be better than Nix or Maye.
Not impressed with Maye at all.
Nix is good at everything but doesn't make key plays when he needs to.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
None of them. With ten or more qb needy teams, I don't see any of the top six falling into the 2nd. Then again, it does seem to happen fairly often, so what do I know.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Seahawks don’t have a second round pick, but I predict Penix will go lower than Nix. In either case, must draft in first round. Both are gone before round three IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, because that's what's gonna' happen. You'll see. If you can't see that Penix is 1st round talent, not sure what you're watching.
And that's ok. Being wrong is no biggie.

CPHawk

Reaction score
No, because that's what's gonna' happen. You'll see. If you can't see that Penix is 1st round talent, not sure what you're watching.
And that's ok. Being wrong is no biggie.
Being wrong on draft day doesn’t matter to me. Being right in 2-3 years does.

12forlife

Reaction score
I'm gonna' guess Maye. Even though I'm not sure if McCarthy is the sure thing that so many mediots think he is. I'd be very nervous.

And for the record, I'd be nervous about pretty much all of these guys. For various reasons. But that's part of the position and taking a guy in the 1st or 2nd round.
I'm not sure you can hardly ever say a highly drafted QB is a "sure thing"? I get the JJ didn't have to carry the Wolverines, but he did win games wether with his arm or legs. I think what the teams that are bought into him see is 6'3" QB, only 21, no injury history, no black marks on his past, plus arm, solid running the ball, very coachable/positive attitude, accurate, can make plays off script, and I know some say it dont matter, but it does to me, the kid is 60-4 high school & college combined, Winner! JJ is a clutch performer. Does he become a NFL top 10 QB? Your guess is as good as mine. Personally if JJ was their @ my pick ild pull the trigger, if I had to give up multiple 1st & 2nd, then I would pass.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Last year, it was Will Levis, projected by some to be a top 10 pick, fell all the way into the 2nd round.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Penix is ABSOLUTELY a 1st round talent. But he is also higher risk.

MAYBE he drops to bottom of the 1st but I think he gets picked around the top third of the 2nd.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I'm not sure you can hardly ever say a highly drafted QB is a "sure thing"? I get the JJ didn't have to carry the Wolverines, but he did win games wether with his arm or legs. I think what the teams that are bought into him see is 6'3" QB, only 21, no injury history, no black marks on his past, plus arm, solid running the ball, very coachable/positive attitude, accurate, can make plays off script, and I know some say it dont matter, but it does to me, the kid is 60-4 high school & college combined, Winner! JJ is a clutch performer. Does he become a NFL top 10 QB? Your guess is as good as mine. Personally if JJ was their @ my pick ild pull the trigger, if I had to give up multiple 1st & 2nd, then I would pass.
You can get JJ MCarthy for cheap without drafting him. He was playing for Patriots as their QB last season. Probably can get for much less than a 1st, so not sure why drafting him in the 1st makes sense.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
As a Bears fan, I am interested in the Vikings draft. Will they sit at #11 for McCarthy or trade up to #5 to guarantee they get him?