Which QB falls unexpectedly

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think Nix will fall a bit. And that Rattler might be off the board before Nix.

12forlife

Reaction score
You can get JJ MCarthy for cheap without drafting him. He was playing for Patriots as their QB last season. Probably can get for much less than a 1st, so not sure why drafting him in the 1st makes sense.
Arw you comparing JJ to Mac Jones?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not really. I think Mac Jones is a better version of what McCarthy will be.
But yes, McCarthy is likely a crappier Mac Jones.

Same height, size, hand size, ball speed, JJ ran a 4.5 vs 4.8 but yeah, they said the same things about Jones they are saying about McCarthy now. Everything about JJ screams 'disappointing starter' so Im amused to see who drafts him high and gets stuck with him.

He's seems like a kind of a garbage tier Trent Dilfer in a way.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I am so excited for this draft exactly for this. I have no idea. I legitimately can make an argument for an argument for every QB outside of Williams and Daniels dropping out of the top 25. Nix, Penix, JJ, Maye -- should be fun.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Not really. I think Mac Jones is a better version of what McCarthy will be.
But yes, McCarthy is likely a crappier Mac Jones.

Same height, size, hand size, ball speed, JJ ran a 4.5 vs 4.8 but yeah, they said the same things about Jones they are saying about McCarthy now. Everything about JJ screams 'disappointing starter' so Im amused to see who drafts him high and gets stuck with him.

He's seems like a kind of a garbage tier Trent Dilfer in a way.
Thats quite a statement. Just curious, did Jones or Dilfer go 60-4 and win a natty?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Thats quite a statement. Just curious, did Jones or Dilfer go 60-4 and win a natty?
Team stats are not player stats. It's not a negative, it's just not that hard hitting of a comment as you want it to be. With the right team, in college, you can win with JJ. That is proven. College record has nothing to do with NFL success.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We could list dozens of QBs that won a natty that didn't make it in the NFL.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Drake Maye is my guess. In my opinion, Caleb Williams should be the guy that falls. He's not a bonafide #1 pick. Marvin Harrison is the most deserving to be the #1 pick but the Bears FO isn't that smart so he won't be.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Spending multiple minutes talking about him crying about his collegiate career basically being ended after he put literally everything on that field for that half-assed USC squad is such bullshit. Toxic ass opinions.

Caleb Williams is a fighter. Some of you clearly didn't watch him actually play. He might be a bust -- he might be Cam Newton with a towel over his head on the sidelines. I don't think he's Peyton Manning. But if I'm picking #1 he's undoubtedly my #1.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
No, because that's what's gonna' happen. You'll see. If you can't see that Penix is 1st round talent, not sure what you're watching.
And that's ok. Being wrong is no biggie.
You are invested!! It will be "Soul" crushing if Penix flames out. See what I did there??

The success rate is so low for QB's it won't Suprise me if any of them are flops.

I'm not rooting for any of them to flop - but it happens - all the time. Just looking out for your mental wellbeing!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Spending multiple minutes talking about him crying about his collegiate career basically being ended after he put literally everything on that field for that half-assed USC squad is such bullshit. Toxic ass opinions.

Caleb Williams is a fighter. Some of you clearly didn't watch him actually play. He might be a bust -- he might be Cam Newton with a towel over his head on the sidelines. I don't think he's Peyton Manning. But if I'm picking #1 he's undoubtedly my #1.

The way I see it is you've got this guy who was born with supreme genetics. Good looking. Strong. Athletic. Has a full ride college scholarship at USC. Can have any woman he wants. Is making more money in one year while in college than most people make in their entire life. Is going to play in the NFL. Yet he's crying because he didn't get more? I mean, come on. How spoiled can you get?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
The way I see it is you've got this guy who was born with supreme genetics. Good looking. Strong. Athletic. Has a full ride college scholarship at USC. Can have any woman he wants. Is making more money in one year while in college than most people make in their entire life. Is going to play in the NFL. Yet he's crying because he didn't get more? I mean, come on. How spoiled can you get?
I have a reply but that forum no longer exists.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If Penix falls to the end of the first, I could see us trying to trade up back into the late 20's after we've picked at 16. If they really like him. And that's a big If.

IndyHawk

Reaction score

When taking a QB with #1 pick should there be any doubt of him
being a bust?
If there is any then he's not worthy of being #1.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He’s crying because his years-long dream of winning a national championship evaporated, and he felt he let his teammates down.