Wheres all the buzz today?

BASF

Reaction score
Let's be honest. The decision to keep Diggs and Adams this season completely diminished the Always Compete mantra that Pete Carroll preaches. I am not going to claim he has lost the team, but those two have been making business decisions for years now. Their crap play has infected this team for years and Carroll sticking with them has the younger players and most of the fan base apathetic. The fact that we continue to pay them way above their play level has kept us from being able to make better acquisitions to help the defense.

Both of the coordinator choices were poor and has several of the players and most of the fan base apathetic.

Apathetic football from the players leads to apathetic fans. The only way this changes is announcing Diggs and Adams being cut immediately after the season as well as firing the coordinators.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Speaking for me personally, the wind was really taken out of my sails this final quarter of the season. I am still pissed we lost to the Rams TWICE (That awful second half at home to start the season and then gave the game away in LA) and absolutely mailed it in on defense against the Steelers, collecting paychecks when they could have controlled their own destiny with a win and in today scenario.

Now I am cynical, assuming either a Seahawks win and a Bears loss or a Bears win and a Seahawks loss.

I'm not even going to watch those games in the afternoon, instead headed to the ocean with my girl. When I get back I will find out if I am pleasantly surprised and happy or just saying "I knew it" and watch the night game.

The Seahawks did it to themselves this year. They should have already cemented the playoffs by now.
This. Same exact for me. I should thank them. My property is looking amazing. And my dog enjoys it as well. And my kids. And and and.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The fact that this season is a simulacrum of last season says enough. What’s to prevent it from happening again next season ? Coaching changes. If there are no coaching changes (I’m suggesting major changes) there is no reason to expect anything different next season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Speaking for me personally, the wind was really taken out of my sails this final quarter of the season. I am still pissed we lost to the Rams TWICE (That awful second half at home to start the season and then gave the game away in LA) and absolutely mailed it in on defense against the Steelers, collecting paychecks when they could have controlled their own destiny with a win and in today scenario.

Now I am cynical, assuming either a Seahawks win and a Bears loss or a Bears win and a Seahawks loss.

I'm not even going to watch those games in the afternoon, instead headed to the ocean with my girl. When I get back I will find out if I am pleasantly surprised and happy or just saying "I knew it" and watch the night game.

The Seahawks did it to themselves this year. They should have already cemented the playoffs by now.

I agree with the sentiment of being disheartened by our team this season. I thought surely the defense would come together and become a solid unit but instead they have regressed this season. Atrocious tackling is inexcusable.

I will be watching our game and I will check the score if the Packers game to see how they are doing but unfortunately I can’t do it live so I won’t be here in the gameday forum as I usually am because my wife’s assistant in her dance school is gone this week and next so I am there these two weekends helping check people in and wherever I can be of use outside the classes.

I will be watching the DVR starting around the 4th quarter and will actively avoid spoilers this final week of the regular season.

No matter what happens I am looking at this as our final game until September so I plan to enjoy it

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Gotta admit, it's tough getting up for this week. Fortunately I have somebody here already pushing me to get ready. I just got the " I'm already wearing my jersey. What's your effin problem ?? " speach .....

Attachments

• 14708.jpeg
    14708.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 2

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Can't get excited for this game after last week. If the players don't care, I sure as $#!+ don't either. The blase reactions from Pete don't do anything for me. It's the same nonsense speak about practice and trying harder next time, week in and week out. Pathetic.

I'll check back here after the game to see what's up. I value every posters comments here over coach at this point.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The reality is a win would be somewhat shocking given this team is 2-5 in its last 7 games, and playing a team that is #6 in rushing at a stadium that has negative vibes.

The Pats SuprBwl loss, losing Kam to career ending injury, lost Richard Sherman to an achilles injury, The Earl broken leg / middle finger episode. Might this be Pete’s final game? I tend to think it will be.

I bleed blue and green, and have plenty of jerseys and Seahawks flare. Fan, absolutely! But I am ready to move on from the excuses and mediocre play. Fans were at each other’s throats before Russ was traded, the current situation is very similar.

Bring the team and fans together and the excitement will return. My TV will be on today.

renofox

Reaction score
The reality is a win would be somewhat shocking given this team is 2-5 in its last 7 games, and playing a team that is #6 in rushing at a stadium that has negative vibes.

The Pats SuprBwl loss, losing Kam to career ending injury, lost Richard Sherman to an achilles injury, The Earl broken leg / middle finger episode. Might this be Pete’s final game? I tend to think it will be.

I bleed blue and green, and have plenty of jerseys and Seahawks flare. Fan, absolutely! But I am ready to move on from the excuses and mediocre play. Fans were at each other’s throats before Russ was traded, the current situation is very similar.

Bring the team and fans together and the excitement will return. My TV will be on today.
Aaaaah, the memories!

Half the people here convinced PC was the problem and it was time to move on.

The other half convinced RW was the problem and it was time to move on.

The only time in this site's history that both sides were proven to be correct!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When I think of the games we had no business losing we should be no less than 11-5 today if not 12-4. Yes, yes, every team can say they would have a better record if if if…But I can’t shake the games that we had no business losing. We should be going into todays game resting starters not fighting for our playoff lives and needing the Bears to win.

I’m salty.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
When I think of the games we had no business losing we should be no less than 11-5 today if not 12-4. Yes, yes, every team can say they would have a better record if if if…But I can’t shake the games that we had no business losing. We should be going into todays game resting starters not fighting for our playoff lives and needing the Bears to win.

I’m salty.
And you are going to the beach? LOL. There is always the other game...the Football Championship Series game on today.
College Football Live

Montana vs. South Dakota State. From Toyota Stadium, Frisco, TX, USA

The No. 2 Grizzlies (13-1) face the No. 1 Jackrabbits (14-0) in the FCS title game. South Dakota State, which won its first national championship in 2022, manhandled Albany 59-0 in the semifinals. Montana seeks its third title, and first since 2001.

nwHawk

Reaction score

I’m salty.
My thoughts exactly. Now to ask “what is the root cause”, and how is the best way to fix it?

NJlargent

Reaction score
For the first time ever I really could care less about the playoffs. This team isn't good enough to put together a string of victories regardless.

The only thing I'm up for today is that there is a very slim chance today is Carroll's last game. That's the only thing that I'm interested in with this game.

Scout

Reaction score
The team while very young is underwhelming because of the coaching staff.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Now to ask “what is the root cause”, and how is the best way to fix it?

Coaching and scheme are my main two guesses. With better of both I honestly feel we have the roster to win 12+ games.

hinton

Reaction score
I'm hoping we make it into the playoffs and make some noise.

Last week was a massive kick in the nuts thought. I was thinking we'd win the final 4 on the bounce and head into the playoffs as a hot team with some potential to cause a few upsets. However, a home loss in a mist-win game was brutal, last week felt like we'd lost the first game of the playoffs.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Coaching and scheme are my main two guesses. With better of both I honestly feel we have the roster to win 12+ games.
At this point, lack of coaching is probably a direct impact on attitude and effort.

Remember in Earl’s last year here and his “business decisions” and many plays? Time for changes.

Latest posts