Wheres all the buzz today?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking for me personally, the wind was really taken out of my sails this final quarter of the season. I am still pissed we lost to the Rams TWICE (That awful second half at home to start the season and then gave the game away in LA) and absolutely mailed it in on defense against the Steelers, collecting paychecks when they could have controlled their own destiny with a win and in today scenario.

Now I am cynical, assuming either a Seahawks win and a Bears loss or a Bears win and a Seahawks loss.

I'm not even going to watch those games in the afternoon, instead headed to the ocean with my girl. When I get back I will find out if I am pleasantly surprised and happy or just saying "I knew it" and watch the night game.

The Seahawks did it to themselves this year. They should have already cemented the playoffs by now.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Speaking for me personally, the wind was really taken out of my sails this final quarter of the season. I am still pissed we lost to the Rams TWICE (That awful second half at home to start the season and then gave the game away in LA) and absolutely mailed it in on defense against the Steelers, collecting paychecks when they could have controlled their own destiny with a win and in today scenario.

Now I am cynical, assuming either a Seahawks win and a Bears loss or a Bears win and a Seahawks loss.

I'm not even going to watch those games in the afternoon, instead headed to the ocean with my girl. When I get back I will find out if I am pleasantly surprised and happy or just saying "I knew it" and watch the night game.

The Seahawks did it to themselves this year. They should have already cemented the playoffs by now.
I echo these sentiments. Most people on dot net at least don't seem to care if the Seahawks make the playoffs or not at this point. IT just kind of feels like they don't deserve it after such a pathetic showing at home against Pittsburg with the season on the line. Seattle needs a miracle they really don't deserve. If they get it, like last year, they get in to the final spot with help, probably to lose in the WC. A big meh for me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me the second loss to the Rams ended my deep enthusiasm for the balance of the season. The Steelers loss was proof the team needs to blow up the D and rid themselves of their present DC.

I have little hope the team will in fact make the playoffs something they allowed to just be frittered away, by uninspired play. I expect to be disappointed today. I'm beginning to get that pre-Carroll feeling of "Oh well, there is always next year."

The problem with that is that without significant change modest and similarly uninspired results will again be the norm. I'm staring to be thinking Pete has stopped competing.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Let's be real. The Ravens, 49ers, and Rams games showed everyone how many holes this team has. I'm assuming that a lot of people that post here have watched a TON of football over the years like me.

You know who you are, and you can just tell if a team has it or not. A 1-4 division record is unacceptable.

Holy hell I'm in a bad mood. Have a great Sunday everyone <3

CactusJack

Reaction score
Let's be honest, this team was not a fun watch for a good chunk of the season.

Now, all I'm hoping for is change. That's how unlikeable this team has become. Both from a coaching & roster perspective.

Yes, I'm cheering for a loss today. Which would impact Arizona's draft slot & improve ours.

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
If Arizona beats us today, when was the last time anything similar like this has happened to Seatte? All 3 NFC West teams kicking our arse would be a huge indicator for MAJOR changes needed. 🤔

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If Arizona beats us today, when was the last time anything similar like this has happened to Seatte? All 3 NFC West teams kicking our arse would be a huge indicator for MAJOR changes needed. 🤔
That'd be a tough pill to swallow. 1-5 yikes

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The one spotlight was seeing Lock do some good for the game he started. I think that may help me come back for a bit. I dont expect much for the season....but yanno what the hay?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Cactus I can never root against my team no matter how ugly the product has become.

The difference in draft placement is negligible and almost irrelevant to some hope for the future with a W finish. A loss finish will turn this season into a losing year, perhaps appropriate but far below expectations.

Today either they will crap the bed against AZ, or the Bears won't get the needed W for the Hawks to limp into the playoffs. My optimism is gone and I now have a constant expectation of the Hawks disappointing.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Cactus I can never root against my team no matter how ugly the product has become.

The difference in draft placement is negligible and almost irrelevant to some hope for the future with a W finish. A loss finish will turn this season into a losing year, perhaps appropriate but far below expectations.

Today either they will crap the bed against AZ, or the Bears won't get the needed W for the Hawks to limp into the playoffs. My optimism is gone and I now have a constant expectation of the Hawks disappointing.
Well, I'd rather not have to face Marvin Harrison Jr. twice a year. Assuming Arizona secures a top 4 pick with a loss today. If it puts them out of range for that type of player, then I'm all for it. The last thing you want is to have another Larry Fitzgerald within the division.

Making the playoffs is pointless at this stage. Because this team isn't going on the road & winning a playoff game (likely Dallas). So, give me the higher draft slot.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Strangely, a large part of me hopes we miss the playoffs.

This team is not good, but limping along with a 9-8 season and a playoff birth may make some people feel that we are almost good, and are just 1-2 pieces away from making a run.

As long as we hang on to short term hope, we make bad long-term decisions. Williams is a great example of that - a stud DL, but we had to spend a lot of future capital on him. That move will hurt us long term.

I may get grief for this (as I like both of these picks), but picking at 5 and 20 (and twice in the second, including a RB in the second) is also on that list. Those are moves that think we are 1-2 years away from contending. Trading for picks in the 2024 or 2025 draft would have been better long term options.

So, part of me hopes that we lose today and start a true rebuild. We would have been much better of if we started that rebuild 12 months ago, but better today than in January '25.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
It would pretty miraculous if they decided that today was going to be the day they put together 60 minutes of football.

This team needs to go see the Wizard. It lacks heart, courage, and brains. I’ve been waiting all season for the lights to come on and they’ve only flickered.

I’m looking forward to Monday’s game and then I’ll wait and see what the Hawks do for next year.

Go Dawgs!

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm just conflicted. I want to make the playoffs, but I REALLY want to move on from Pete Carroll. I'm convinced he has no answers. I could see us losing today and him still keeping his job though because he is such a smooth talker that I'm afraid he'll be able to convince Jody "we're right on the doorstep." It's just deflating. I haven't been this down on the organization since Mora Jr.

NoGain

Reaction score
Meh is how I feel. We didn't lose enough to get into the top 10 of the draft, and we're not good enough to make any noise if we eke into the playoffs. In other words, we're ending the season like we've done almost every year for the last nine years, a fringe playoff team with no hope of being a true title contender, and not bad enough to secure a top native draft pick to acquire a difference maker in the draft, especially a potential QBOTF.

We're such a stale, soft, and uninspiring team now. Sure, I'll watch the game because I'm a fan of the team through thick and thin. But I can't hide my frustration and boredom with the team either.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Let's be real. The Ravens, 49ers, and Rams games showed everyone how many holes this team has. I'm assuming that a lot of people that post here have watched a TON of football over the years like me.

You know who you are, and you can just tell if a team has it or not. A 1-4 division record is unacceptable.

Holy hell I'm in a bad mood. Have a great Sunday everyone <3
On offense , it's the line. Period.

Defense , its a little of everything.

Lots of $ tied up in a couple of underperforming safeties , Lockett is set to make 26MM next season and I think Metcalf is looking at a substantial raise.

Not good.

Latest posts