DL Williams - Will acquisition prove good today?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I certainly hope so, but still have my reservations about it. Nine years in the league, and not signed after this year. Just seems like a 2nd round pick, and a fifth round pick, was maybe have been a little too much in hindsight. Now if Leonard Williams explodes on scene today, great!

Rat

Reaction score
If we lose at home to the Commanders, like the 10th-12th best team in the NFC, who have clearly punted on the season, that trade is going to look awful, even if he plays well. You can't make win-now moves and then lose to a team that is no longer invested in winning this season.

renofox

Reaction score
Probably not. WAS probably going pass heavy as their running game sucks and I still don't expect much interior pressure.

Then again, WAS may just go run heavy for the 1st time this year hoping to shred us.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I certainly hope so, but still have my reservations about it. Nine years in the league, and not signed after this year. Just seems like a 2nd round pick, and a fifth round pick, was maybe have been a little too much in hindsight. Now if Leonard Williams explodes on scene today, great!
The purpose of the high payout was so that New York eats his contract. However is that really worth it? If his contribution is negligible then you essentially wasted two picks for a player that you’re also not gonna re-sign.

Trading a 2nd and 5th that person needs to be an instant improvement. All that for a role player or extra body is gross incompetence on the front office.

We’ve got 9 games so we’ll see.

rcaido

Reaction score
The sad thing is if he walks we will probably lose the comp pick by grabbing a bunch of JAG.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
The purpose of the high payout was so that New York eats his contract. However is that really worth it? If contribution his negligible then you essentially wasted two picks for a player that you’re also not gonna re-sign.

Trading a 2nd and 5th that person needs to be an instant improvement. All that for a role player or extra body is gross incompetence on the front office.

We’ve got 9 games so we’ll see.
Yep, I agree.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The sad thing is if he walks we will probably lose the comp pick by grabbing a bunch of JAG.
to add, once we Seattle grabs those JAGS, Pete will hype one or two up, and they'll somehow get injured and then spend a season as healthy gameday scratches, while he's trying to tell us how amazing someone is still... There's NFW he believes this himself right?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
NYG is ranked 15th in Cap Space, looking at 32+ Mil next to Seattles 2 million. So NYG can eat Williams cap and not even bat an eye. On the surface right now NYG made out like bandits and Seattle as desperate.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
We had better see some good run stoppage this week!
Along with qb pressures...
And some good old fashioned interceptions by of DB's.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Williams is the only Seahawk with a sack in today’s game so far. He’s doing his job.

JPatera76

Reaction score
When he was in, imo the defense was collapsing the pocket much quicker, however when he was out it was noticeable. AND Credit to Sam Howell.. the dude slings the ball QUICK.

Last edited:

seabowl

Reaction score
Williams now has twice as many sacks since being traded (i.e. over the last 2 games) as Montez Sweat and Chase Young combined

Just saying
Sorry, but about as useless a stat that can be. First of all, they play different positions and secondly the sample size is laughable.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Sorry, but about as useless a stat that can be. First of all, they play different positions and secondly the sample size is laughable.
There's always someone. For now, he is doing more than either of the other two.

themunn

Reaction score

And yet you lose ONE game against the Ravens and this whole forum freaks out.

Polk738

Reaction score
I liked Williams today but they really need more help on the edge, Frank Clark and Taylor don't even get close to making up for the loss of Chenna