Oline versus Bevell

• 1) Bevell

Votes: 67 45.0%
  • 2) Oline

Votes: 82 55.0%

• Total voters

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Out of those two, Bevell by far. The onlineman can only do their best. They are just simply outmatched. Bevell failed miserably to adjust to our known weaknesses.

OP
OP
plyka

plyka

Reaction score
There is no doubt that our oline absolutely sucks, especially with the injuries. That said, even with Okung and Breno back, I don't trust Bevell. When a man shows he can make absolutely NO CHANGES on a team this stacked offensively, and puts your franchise QB in danger of career/season ending injury play after play, I want the man GONE. I would rather just run Lynch/Michael/Turbin 3 times and punt versus what the Hawks were attemping tonight.

Why not pound the ball? Why not swing the RB out in the flat, bubble screen for the WR, quick slants over and over, quick curls, quick outs, quick something? Why not roll out the QB and move the pocket? Why not keep everyone in protection with the exception of 2 WRs? Why not chip the edge rushers with the backs? Why not chip the edge rushers with slot receivers? Why not try one of the above just for hsits and giggles instead of having your QB drop back 5-7 paces on every play>?

OP
OP
plyka

plyka

Reaction score
BTW, from me to you, a quick thanks for all the Hawk fans who prayed for Wilson tonight. It was a true miracle, I now believe in the power of prayer because I don't see anything except divine intervention which could have had the power to keep Wilson safe after the rape and abuse he suffered tonight.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
plyka":ql2vdehp said:
There is no doubt that our oline absolutely sucks, especially with the injuries. That said, even with Okung and Breno back, I don't trust Bevell. When a man shows he can make absolutely NO CHANGES on a team this stacked offensively, and puts your franchise QB in danger of career/season ending injury play after play, I want the man GONE. I would rather just run Lynch/Michael/Turbin 3 times and punt versus what the Hawks were attemping tonight.

Why not pound the ball? Why not swing the RB out in the flat, bubble screen for the WR, quick slants over and over, quick curls, quick outs, quick something? Why not roll out the QB and move the pocket? Why not keep everyone in protection with the exception of 2 WRs? Why not chip the edge rushers with the backs? Why not chip the edge rushers with slot receivers? Why not try one of the above just for hsits and giggles instead of having your QB drop back 5-7 paces on every play>?

You see it so clearly. And yet Carroll does not. Is Bevell the problem? Or is Carroll????

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
He definitely has a lot of questionable play calling, no doubt about that. But the issue I think a lot of people are saying is, the oline is to the point where you can't even execute your game plan or get off passes properly before someone is already in the backfield ready to destroy Wilson. Well then people say, "they should've game planned better or they should've adjusted better", the problem is, these oline guys just don't have enough talent to go against the top edge rushers and it's incredibly hard to game plan something to the point where you can be good with these guys. Should have there of been more help? I definitely think so, most if not every time I saw, these OT's went 1v1 and lost. Pete said they tried everything to stop these rushers with adjustments, but nothing was just working.

It's like if you had Phil Jackson coach the Charlotte Bobcats against the Miami heat, you can only scheme so much to try and stop Lebron & Wade, and no matter what you do, they're goona get their points, all you can do is limit them even if you have one of the best basketball coaches ever. Again, not saying there isn't a problem with Bevell, just saying the oline has more to do with us looking bad than Bevell.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Bevell called a horrendous game.

Running Wilson twice in a row at the goal line???? I really hope it wasn't b/c he and Lynch are at odds with each other. Do your JOB, put your egos aside. Lynch and Bevell need to hug it out and keep the eye on the prize.

The tailback screens, bubble screens worked OK this game, they needed to do more of that. They also needed to use more draw runs plays.

I expected the O-line to play bad given all the back-ups, but I expect Bevell to call a better game than that.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Figure it out. How about a screen pass? All year long I've been looking for a screen, how about Michael?
Sad to see a showing like this in week 8. Hawks got the win, somehow.

Reaction score
KK84":2dqa929i said:
Bevell. A good OC can scheme around weaknesses.

This. If we'd run the Offense the Rams ran tonight we would have looked efficient. Too many long drops and not enough pounding the Rock.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":3ttdo5xy said:
KK84":3ttdo5xy said:
Bevell. A good OC can scheme around weaknesses.

This. If we'd run the Offense the Rams ran tonight we would have looked efficient. Too many long drops and not enough pounding the Rock.

That and this...you don't run PA in your own EZ. You don't have Wilson drop back 5-7 steps with less than 2.99999 seconds to pass. You don't take our biggest offensive weapon, our team identity, Beast Mode out of the game. You don't not counter with quick screens, slants, designed runs, etc.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Running Wilson 2x on the goaline... Not helping out the LT and RT against Quinn and Long by leaving in blockers, at least to chip... Empty sets on 3rd that always seem to get blown up... Abandoning the run game early... Not calling plays to exploit 8 man fronts...

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
If you're going to blame a coach, I blame Cable. He's the one handpicking olineman. He's the one who prefers plus run-blockers even if they're mediocre pass protectors. He's also the coach that teaches technique and is supposed to have his guys ready for stunts. In my opinion the problems start there.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":1ktaiyqh said:
If your going to blame a coach, I blame Cable. He's the one handpicking olineman. He's the one who prefers plus run-blockers even if they're mediocre pass protectors. He's also the coach that teaches technique and is supposed to have his guys ready for stunts. In my opinion the problems start there.

I don't know what the hierarchy of power is here, but I don't think Cable has controll over Bevell only calling 8 run plays for Marshawn. As a smashmouth, hard running team, we need to have run blocking as a strength.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":1ydxgyrz said:
If your going to blame a coach, I blame Cable. He's the one handpicking olineman. He's the one who prefers plus run-blockers even if they're mediocre pass protectors. He's also the coach that teaches technique and is supposed to have his guys ready for stunts. In my opinion the problems start there.

Yup, I don't know if he deserves most or if all the blame, but at this point he needs to get this act together. Things are clearly not working with the line.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
-The Glove-":9atw11dq said:
Fuzzman55":9atw11dq said:

I don't know what the hierarchy of power is here, but I don't think Cable has controll over Bevell only calling 8 run plays for Marshawn. As a smashmouth, hard running team, we need to have run blocking as a strength.

I like Cable a lot, and some of it is taking the good and bad with him, but it never seems like pass protection is a big enough priority. Sweezy, Carp, and Giacomini are all guys that have spots on this roster because of what they can do in the run game. I also think it's why we've seen Bowie play and not Bailey. Our identity is Lynch without a doubt, and it always will be, but it's getting to the point now that drives are stalling because of all the sacks.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
With out actually rewatching the game and shooting from the hip I say Bevell.

I don't think I saw any bunch formations with quick passes. I saw 2-3 slants, 2-3 screens including a wr screen. I saw a LG playing LT being abused all night, a RT tackle having his hands full and a TE either missing assingments or having his hands full.

I did not see any creativity from the play calling. The Rams I think were playing 8 in the box man on defense. We should have seen pick and rub plays more frequent to get the LB's back and more RO to keep the ends true.

With that said the rams D-line played like each one could beat anyone 1 on 1 and they did.

I am interested in re-watching the play calls and assingments again.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Our online is horrible but we know that. The coaches know that. Yet we did very little to help them out.

Russell Wilson will not last the year if this keeps up.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The Oline was terrible tonight, but Bevell did literally NOTHING to help.

I haven't minded Bevell the last 3 seasons up until tonight, the guy lost me during that goal line series.

I don't care how bad the oline was looking, we've had the same B.S. line weeks before and we would give the ball to Lynch to punch it in, running two read options in a row when it was pretty god damn clear the Rams had it figured out was god damn stupid, stop being cute and punch the ball in. You have a freaking MAN back there at RB, USE HIM!

I know we scored, but that goal line series sucked, and pissed me off for the whole game, and I rarely ever get pissed off.