What is our plan?

Chapow

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29tefu4d said:
Define competitive?

This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

You do realize that to 'compete' you need to score TDs right?

Which records are you talking about? Can you please post links?

I'm just curious because that's pretty hard to believe considering we scored the 11th most points per game in the NFL in 2017, the 12th most points per game in 2016, and the 4th most points per game in 2015.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

TD's only? OK. We scored the 7th most TD's in the league in 2017, the 18th most in 2016, and the 6th most in 2015.

Given these facts, I'm having a hard time believing that the Seahawks "literally set records (plural) for TD impotence over the past few years".

On the other hand, that's a fairly vague statement that you could twist to mean lots of different things if someone called you on it, by design I'm sure. So what does that mean? What records are you talking about?

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":2ccbvlib said:
TwistedHusky":2ccbvlib said:
Define competitive?

This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

I'm just curious because that's pretty hard to believe considering we scored the 11th most points per game in the NFL in 2017, the 12th most points per game in 2016, and the 4th most points per game in 2015.

TD's only? OK. We scored the 7th most TD's in the league in 2017, the 18th most in 2016, and the 6th most in 2015.

Given these facts, I'm having a hard time believing that the Seahawks "literally set records (plural) for TD impotence over the past few years".

On the other hand, that's a fairly vague statement that you could twist to mean lots of different things if someone called you on it, by design I'm sure. So what does that mean? What records are you talking about?

They set at least one I'm aware of. Most consecutive regular season games without an opening drive TD (28 IIRC).

Plural (more than one), not sure about.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":211eiqq8 said:
Chapow":211eiqq8 said:
TwistedHusky":211eiqq8 said:
Define competitive?

They set at least one I'm aware of. Most consecutive regular season games without an opening drive TD (28 IIRC).

I figure they probaly were the lowest scoring team in the first half next to the Browns.

toffee

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39lvyp22 said:
Maybe but Young was better at all the things a QB is actually supposed to be able to do.

And he did it before they changed a collection of rules to naturally favor the QB. Young was putting up numbers back when the average QB was throwing for 200yds a game. Wilson is faster, quicker and more elusive but Young was a much better QB.

Young was also good in all 4 quarters, not just the 4th quarters of 1/4 the games.

Wilson could be great and is great in small stretches. But we are reaching a point where we need production to start outweighing potential. Wilson is not consistent.

And I don't think you can expect him to carry the team at all, if we have to strip it down. Then again, we have not seen him with an actual OL but for his first year. So maybe he is like Barry Sanders finally getting a FB and rips off a legendary season.

We will see. But so far, the FO stripping our defense out while giving him a cast of nobodies at TE & WR (besides Baldwin) and making the inevitable spotty draft production - won't make it easy for Wilson to get much help.

I watched most Young's games back in the days, lots of them at Candlestick. Let's just say Young would have been a great backup for Russ.

Young was arguably more accurate then Russ, only when young was behind a good line. Otherwise Russ better than Young in almost all other aspects. Can't image how great Russ could be with Jerry Rice and John Taylor, Brent Jones, with drum rolls ..... two Mikes, Holmgren and Shannahan callin' plays, yes, they were the OC. Let's see:

WR:
Jerry Rice - 12 x All pro, 13 x pro bowls, hof
John Taylor - 2 x Pro bowls,

TE:
Brent Jones - 3 x All Pro, 4 x Pro bowl

OL:
Harris Burton - T - 2 x All Pro, 1 x pro bowl
Roy Foster - G - 2 x Pro Bowl,
Jesse Sapolu - C/G - 2 x All Pro, 3 x pro bowls
Guy McIntyre - G - 5 x All Pro, 3 x pro bowls
Steve Wallace - T - 3 x All Pro, 1 x pro bowls

By the way, Young also had this guys running the ball:
Ricky Watters - RB - 3 x All Pro, 5 x Pro Bowls

Do you really want to compare Russ' supporting cast to Youngs?

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":3lxyqerc said:
Chapow":3lxyqerc said:
TwistedHusky":3lxyqerc said:
Define competitive?

Ah, I see. That's an interesting bit of trivia.

I wonder where they rank on the list of least TD's scored on the 3rd drive of the 3rd quarter on a Sunday in October during a waxing moon in the rain on a natural surface? I wonder who holds that "record".

;)

The fact of the matter is that the Seahawks were top ten in TD's scored in both 2017 and 2015, and they were middle of the pack in 2016. It's awfully disingenuous, maybe even deceitful, to just generally state that they have set records for TD impotence over the past few years if you are referring to just one specific situation and not overall.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seymour":3i2e3pzx said:
SoulfishHawk":3i2e3pzx said:
Krieg and Russ are in no way even close to each other in the way they play the game. Wow

Why? Is Kreig 3X the Qb Russ is? :twisted: :twisted:

Okay. Krieg is 3x the QB and Hass is 2x the QB Russ is. We are getting somewhere now, the Seahawk QB multiplicity ranks are taking shape. Bless the. NET

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Get younger

Get faster

Get bigger at a few positions

Increase the number of competitive situations

Sort out a cap situation with older players that is restricting the team’s abilities to do the above

Remove the players who are not ‘all in’, remove those guys who think they are bigger than their team

Reinforce Pete’s rules: always protect the team, no whining, show up early

Attract players who want to be Seahawks instead of money players, pay fairly within the above rules

Get back to the basics that attracted the team’s positive focus in the years up to XLIX

Apply the ‘always compete’ rules to all parts of the team by holding coaches who are not performing as expected to the same standards he holds his players.

Don’t agree with the increase profits idea b/c the more games they play in a year means the team makes more money. This means they aren’t cuttin salaries to make more money

toffee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2jtkvg22 said:
Get younger
Get faster
Get bigger at a few positions
Increase the number of competitive situations
Sort out a cap situation with older players that is restricting the team’s abilities to do the above
Remove the players who are not ‘all in’, remove those guys who think they are bigger than their team
Reinforce Pete’s rules: always protect the team, no whining, show up early
Attract players who want to be Seahawks instead of money players, pay fairly within the above rules
Get back to the basics that attracted the team’s positive focus in the years up to XLIX
Apply the ‘always compete’ rules to all parts of the team by holding coaches who are not performing as expected to the same standards he holds his players.

Don’t agree with the increase profits idea b/c the more games they play in a year means the team makes more money. This means they aren’t cuttin salaries to make more money

This.

A. Questions for all the fans prefer to keep our stars: Can we go all the way by keeping the stars?
B. Questions for all the fans asking for the head of Pete: Who do you want to replace Pete with?

My answer to A: Not at all, we tried last year, didn't work. I am still mad at Pete for not starting the rebuild a year earlier.
My answer to B: Can't think of anyone.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You have to wonder if this visit was one taken by the team for negotiation reasons. Acker is a big bodied CB though.