What If?

John63

Reaction score
They did it in the 2019, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and the 2010 seasons. They only lost wild card games twice in that span. They only lost two wild card games over that span.

Carroll's overall situation:

Divisional Round+: 7 Seasons
Wild Card Loss: 2 Seasons
Missed Playoffs: 3 Seasons

To the greater point of this thread: What is the time frame of this question? This whole thing seems pretty moot until they find a QB. That may never happen in many of our lifetimes. It's possible for this team to be comparable to what it was, but the probabilities are really against it.

Good for him but we are not talking about those years we are talking about this upcoming season. Also FYI he had Wilson for every one of those but 1 and that was way before the NFC West became a beast to play in. As to moot it is not moot PC doe snot need a big-time QB just a point guard he has said so. he like the guy we got from Denver. You all said we could win with Geno. So no excuse on the Qb.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This is a fair question, and a good topic to discuss. How far does Pete have to get the team to prove he was right in trading Russ, and rebuilding?

For me just making the playoffs is not enough. We already had that with Russ. Russ and Pete had this team in the playoffs just about every year. In my mind for Pete to be "right" he has to accomplish more than just perenial playoffs (1st or second round). He has to get the team to at least the NFC championship game. If he gets there, I'd say he was right. Just getting back to a wildcard, or into the playoffs doesn't cut it in my opinion.
"Already had that with Russ" So Why then IF he were all that, couldn't "Russ" take this team to the NEXT level?
I keep hearing crap about poor Pass Blocking, but, has anyone ever been able to Pass Protect for ANY Quarterback with Wilson's mobility & scrambling for parts unknown BEHIND the backs of his Linemen???
You want me to Shield you from attack??, then stay the hell behind me...You know, kind of like Tom Brady does?!?
You can "Add Lib" your way right the hell out of Pass Protection...T'would be fine if y'all were able to maintain your tricky & youthful moves, or QUICKLY get the damned ball outchyerhand.
Wilson is NOT easy to Pass Block for.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If we make the playoffs I will be so happy to suck the cream off that crow's

Umm, nevermind.