What does Green Bay have that we don't?

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Hope Pete watches video of this game 10,000 times in the off season and get's it figured out.

Green Bay dominated the Rams on both sides of the ball (granted Goff and Donald are likely hurt). What are they doing or what do they have that we aren't/don't?

1. Better OL
2. Able to run the ball
3. Much better play calling
4. Better QB
5. Better DL
6. Better Head Coach?

Same salary cap as us, why are they (GB and LA) better than Seattle in so many areas? Asked another way, what do we have to do between now and next December to get to the NFC Championship game?

SlickRick

Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Russell Wilson fans you'll ever meet,& I put on blinders/ make excuses even when Russ has a bad game. Let me start off by saying the Packers & Rams are in my teams I dislike with a passion List. I may take a lot of heat for this,but in my honest Opinion & heart of hearts...Aaron Rodgers is the difference.

Russell Wilson is an Elite B+ to A- Qb on his great days, & Rodgers is an A+ to A- on his bad days. He's a Tad bit better than Russ. When Wilson was younger I thought man when he gets to be in his 30s he will be a monster. But he's pretty much been the same guy. Hell of a QB,but teams he should beat he tends to shrink sometimes.

I love the Seahawks & Russ, but I can see that Rodgers head to head vs Wilson is a smidge better.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Russell isn't Rodgers but they are completely different quarterbacks. Both elite, both future HoF'ers, but as an NFL fan, I would give Rodgers the nod overall and that's a Russ Fan Boy talking here.

Rodgers doesn't tend to fold in moments like today. He's the MVP for a reason and it showed again today. Russ can get in his own head and it's not all his fault. He knows his protection is average at best on a good day. The Rams seem to be in his head and he acts accordingly even early in a game. He shrugs his shoulders anticipating contact even if there is none and can look completely indecisive at times. I never see Rodgers look indecisive. Russ has the best deep ball in the game but Rodgers has the better arm overall.

I still love my chances with Russ at QB for the next few years. With the proper coaching/scheming, I can see another ring in our future. Right now the Packers are just better than us in most categories. I might give our D the nod over theirs however, based on the improvement we saw in the latter portion of the season.

Russ is far from fault, but to me, it's coaching that is the primary difference between us and the Packers right now.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Good points Aros.

I don't know the answer to my own question here. I watched the game and kept thinking, "Why didn't Seattle do that"?

RE Rodgers vs Russ - I think you might be right, but why is Rodgers more consistent than Russ? Is it that he has a better OL protecting him? Better OC? Running for your life on most plays can't help Russ reach his potential?

Then if we invest more in or OL, what positions do we take that money from?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Rodgers is a smidge better but the packers coaching is way better.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The GB Offense is designed, Coached & Built around Arrogant Rodgers, proof?...The removal of a Head Coach that didn't cater to the wants & needs of their Franchise Snivel Back, AR.
With Russ, it's "pull some miracle plays outchyer @$$, because we ain't going all in on giving you an O-Line like AR has to keep ya upright"....Todays game between the Rams & Packers, is PROOF, AND it's just one more reason for the firing of Brian Schottenheimer.

TreeRon

Reaction score
scutterhawk":97kfhmxm said:
The GB Offense is designed, Coached & Built around Arrogant Rodgers, proof?...The removal of a Head Coach that didn't cater to the wants & needs of their Franchise Snivel Back, AR.
With Russ, it's "pull some miracle plays outchyer @$$, because we ain't going all in on giving you an O-Line like AR has to keep ya upright"....Todays game between the Rams & Packers, is PROOF, AND it's just one more reason for the firing of Brian Schottenheimer.

I get everything you say except " it's just one more reason for the firing of Brian Schottenheimer." How is anything you wrote prior to that phrase, Brian Schottenheimer's fault. Sound more like Pete Carroll to me.

getnasty

Reaction score
Rodgers is simply the best in the game. He gets the ball out time after time and is just as good if not better then Russ when the play breaks down. Russ is probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in the game but Rodgers is the best.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Erin is the difference..Case in point he fires that TD to the side -Same pass Russ tried for a pick 6
Erin executes quick and sees things better..The height matters as it helps more.
It's all short to mid range passes and he throws all well so you can't get him by blitzing
or you get burned..Saying PC doesn't allow these passes is BS..I see the same games
and see the WR's open-I just don't think Russ does..He used to more when he could
scramble faster without getting chased down but now?I think he's been exposed.
I want to be wrong but damn there is no sugarcoating it from me.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Roger's yelling (Al) to Allen Lizard on that last touchdown illustrated one difference. Recognizing and executing at an elite level. The other noticeable difference is release time.

Atradees

Reaction score
I am willing to wager that Dallas regrets picking up Mike McCarthy. The qb loves the game. He knows whats happening on the field and in the game. Im not sure RW does. Holding the ball for 6 seconds and not snapping the ball for forty seconds is a bad recipe.

John63

Reaction score
So here is thing. Not long ago everyone thought Rodgers was done. He was playing bad. Then they invested in oline, rbs, new HC and new system. A system that is built for Rodgers. So let's see Rodgers has

A better oline
Bettwr system

Those 2 things alone give him the edge. Put Rodgers on our team in our system he us no were near were as good as he is now. That's not to say if everything us equal he is or is not better than Wilson. Just that we can't know as the variables are not the same.

hawk45

Reaction score
It's been years since our QB execution in the playoffs has been adequate, ditto our game plans.

Regular season Russ can beat anyone when it's one of his streaks of good play. Post season Russ scares nobody, and we don't help him with play calling.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A lot of it is coaching, play calling, trusting your QB, and playing to your QB’s strengths.
I know a lot don’t want to hear that but it’s the truth. ...and that doesn’t mean Russ is faultless, so let’s not go down that rabbit hole.

vonstout

Reaction score
I live by Madison, WI so I don’t have a choice but to watch the Packers. Adams is the best WR in the game right now. He made Ramsey look bad several times, but the TD was all in the motion. Give Metcalf time and he will be as good as Adams if not better. But the biggest difference is their OL and DBs. The Rams not having Kupp was huge today and Donald was nowhere near healthy. Their D still played well though. The weather wasn’t bad, but it was still cold and they allowed a crowd at the game that made a lot of noise in both GB and Buff. Even though it was frustrating to see that, I give the Hawks credit for being the most COVID conscious team in the league. If Pete wants to run the ball more, I honestly wouldn’t be that upset if they trade Russ if they can get a big offer, but regardless they need to make the OLthe #1 priority

getnasty

Reaction score
Rodgers makes the OL look elite becuase he gets the ball out. They didn't even have there best OL and they still didn't give up a sack.