Well it looks like MOST of the country is against us...

rickychen

Reaction score
No matter what they think, we will be on the TOP!

BuddyRyans46":1ir2yd93 said:
http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=3918207

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
I am SO JACKED UP FOR THIS GAME, I might just run out onto the field and blindside Kap, causing a fumble,a la Richard Dent!!!!!

King Dog

Reaction score
The only reason we got the support of Wisco is because they love Russ. No respect I tell ya. No respect.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":wuvz2lx4 said:
Isn't the OP a Bears' fan? How is he part of 'us'?

Like you don't have a 2nd favorite team that you follow ? I think most of us do.

My team always used to be the Lions, since I liked Barry Sanders and Chris Spielman. I loved watching the 85 Bears, but they aren't a favorite anymore since we seem to play them every frickin year.

I'd say my 2nd favorite team is probably the Saints now. I don't have time to follow them a lot, but I can see fans from other teams finding another favorite.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawks46":djkwkxev said:
Sarlacc83":djkwkxev said:

Like you don't have a 2nd favorite team that you follow ? I think most of us do.

My team always used to be the Lions, since I liked Barry Sanders and Chris Spielman. I loved watching the 85 Bears, but they aren't a favorite anymore since we seem to play them every frickin year.

I'd say my 2nd favorite team is probably the Saints now. I don't have time to follow them a lot, but I can see fans from other teams finding another favorite.

I wouldn't go onto the Saints board or the Ravens boards and talk about them as though I belonged. If I did, I'd rightly get called out for it.

mretrade

Reaction score
King Dog":2kdmvbob said:
The only reason we got the support of Wisco is because they love Russ. No respect I tell ya. No respect.

Either that or they hate the 49ers because we have owned them in the last 3 games against them.

Ampedhawk

Reaction score
mretrade":wha6q2er said:
King Dog":wha6q2er said:

Either that or they hate the 49ers because we have owned them in the last 3 games against them.
That and Harbaugh's big mouth have made the "Fail Mary" a distant memory in the minds of Packer fans.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
Hawks46":276g3led said:
Sarlacc83":276g3led said:

i personally cant understand this mentality. I
Then again I only have 1 team in all of sports. Go Niners.

kearly

Reaction score
The Packers are a great team. But they are the 49ers' bitch. Seattle is a great team. But Carolina was a tough matchup, especially in 90 degree weather wearing dark unis three timezones away at 10am. But I think most fans think "wow, CK threw for 400 yards against Green Bay, and Seattle barely beat a QB who threw for 125 yards." That's pretty much where it is coming from.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Love it. Best part is seeing WI still bitter. LOL.

If we do win, should open a few eyes. People overrate the packers, assume they have a defense, while underrating our last opponent. No surprise there. Humans are incredibly short sighted creatures some times.

hawksman53

Reaction score
I love the hate!!! People just don't like a team from Washington winning

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Every team and fanbase in this nation will be watching this game with two things in mind. 1. Hope the Niners can knock us down a peg or two and 2. Try to figure out how to stop this juggernaut they know is coming to shatter their dreams soon! Because once this team is healthy no one will want to play us! Such is my confidence!

OrFan

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":fh2juewz said:

I'm just guessing here, but I think we may be seeing the return of KingdomeKarleesimo.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
As has been said, this has nothing to do with love/hate. Ya'll are seeing things...

Our offense looked rather anemic last week, while the team from the bay looked more potent. My guess is that our defensive success wasn't recognized, while Green Bay is always expected to put up points. That mindset is makes it easy for non-Hawk fans to form opinions, in spite of their ignornace of the individual matchups this weekend.

Go Hawks!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
As has been said, this has nothing to do with love/hate. Ya'll are seeing things...

Our offense looked rather anemic last week, while the team from the bay looked more potent. My guess is that our defensive success wasn't recognized, while Green Bay is always expected to put up points. That mindset is makes it easy for non-Hawk fans to form opinions, in spite of their ignornace of the individual matchups this weekend.

Go Hawks!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
First of all, just because people around the country are picking SF, it doesn't mean they hate us. In some instances like GB and Washington, sure. But otherwise, really, most fans don't have much of an opinion on us. They just think SF is better. They've seen SF play in a Super Bowl. And we are still Seattle, the team everyone is used to dismissing. It makes sense if you really think about it.

And as far as our Chicago friend is concerned. GET OFF OF HIS BACK. The dude clearly is taking a liking to our team. He isn't the first person to ever take to a 2nd team when living amongst it. I have a guy who sits in front of me at the games who used to be a die hard 49er fan. But over the years has taken to the Hawks. He now HATES the hell out of SF. It happens. It's allowed. And if you're paying attention, Buddy Ryan clearly is a passionate dude. He's a Hawks fan. He can still make reference to his Bears while doing so. It's allowed. All that matters is that he's on our side now.

Go Hawks.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I think it's just that they had such a good showing on Sunday Night Football. If that game wasn't televised nationally I don't think it'd be that bad.

grizbob

Reaction score
John_Redcorn":6fdy5qgw said:
Hawks46":6fdy5qgw said:
Sarlacc83":6fdy5qgw said:

i personally cant understand this mentality. I
Then again I only have 1 team in all of sports. Go Niners.

Well, speaking personally, I have 2 favorite teams, Seahawks and whoever is playing the Niners. The second is only because of all the crap I've received over the years from family for being a Hawks fan. Go Hawks!!

JMR

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2rvvg5wf said:

Go Hawks!

Let's step back and look at this for a minute though. Going all the way back to week 1 of last year, when has the Hawks offense performed on the road anywhere close to what we have come to expect at home? Even with RW at the helm, we have some pretty poor offensive showings and have lost to some really ho-hum opponents in their house. Outside of the Buffalo game (in Canada) and 2nd half of the Falcons playoff game, our O has not been dominant or even above average in road games. We've leaned on D in almost all the wins. Maybe the corner was turned a bit in Chicago, but we don't really know for sure...and while RW was excellent in the 2nd half @ Carolina, 12 total points on the board isn't impressive.

But get us at home, and it's completely different. That's why I think it's pretty goofy picking against us there.