We should say bye bye to Alex Collins

Hawks46

Reaction score
RussB":cy0wsbp8 said:
Hes so slow, and its not that hes slow. He cant even break tackles the way i thought he would. If a guy is slow but is a good downhill power runner that gets yards after contact thats good but he seems to struggle with that also. Prosise on the other hand is like a dual threat beast.

Well, he doesn't have the best acceleration, which makes him look slow. Since he looks slow, people think he's a larger back (that and he broke a lot of tackles in college). Thing is, he's actually smaller than Prosise, Michael and Rawls. All those guys go between 200 and 220, while Collins is 215 and taller than all but Prosise.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":kdvlk92n said:
RussB":kdvlk92n said:
Hes so slow, and its not that hes slow. He cant even break tackles the way i thought he would. If a guy is slow but is a good downhill power runner that gets yards after contact thats good but he seems to struggle with that also. Prosise on the other hand is like a dual threat beast.

Well, he doesn't have the best acceleration, which makes him look slow. Since he looks slow, people think he's a larger back (that and he broke a lot of tackles in college). Thing is, he's actually smaller than Prosise, Michael and Rawls. All those guys go between 200 and 220, while Collins is 215 and taller than all but Prosise.

I'm not sure the the bolded part is true. I think it is a stat that can largely be based on opinion or what someone considers a broken tackle, but according to the draft profile linked below he was credited with only 5 broken tackles in his last 475 carries at Arkansas.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/alex-collins?id=2555430

Hawks46

Reaction score
Not sure where they're getting those stats.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but watching his highlight reel from college, he broke 5 tackles in ONE play in the red zone. Spun away from at least one guy, ran through an arm tackle and ran through another guy, then drug 2 into the end zone. It had people all giddy and talking about a Marshawn Lynch resemblance.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Likely a decision between Collins and Pope for the practice squad once Rawls returns. Coaches will sort it out in practice.

HawkGA

Reaction score
What are the practice squad rules? It seems like there are rules for being ineligible but then I see people who seem like they've been in the league forever getting put on the practice squad. Are we sure AC hasn't been on an active roster for too many games already?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1g7iblqf said:
Not sure where they're getting those stats.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but watching his highlight reel from college, he broke 5 tackles in ONE play in the red zone. Spun away from at least one guy, ran through an arm tackle and ran through another guy, then drug 2 into the end zone. It had people all giddy and talking about a Marshawn Lynch resemblance.

Well, there's your five. Seriously though, like I said broken tackles isn't exactly an objective stat. I remember hearing a similar stat for Derrick Henry during the draft process. Something like being credited for only seven last year.

Latest posts