Wash. Post: Russell Wilson is the best franchise QB

sc85sis

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/n ... story.html

SEATTLE — A quick progress report on the NFL’s six $30-million quarterbacks:

Ben Roethlisberger? Injured. Carson Wentz? Work in progress. Matt Ryan? Got stats, not wins. Jared Goff? Can’t yet carry a team. Aaron Rodgers? Still da man, but currently uncomfortable in Coach Matt LaFleur’s offense.

Russell Wilson? The best he has ever been.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
He's earning every penny of that paycheck this year.

And looking at that list, Erin is the only QB I would even consider over him for even a second.

Playing lights out, special football right now.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Erin doesn't have the leadership factor that Russ has.
Data point: NFCCG, Russell 5 picks and still beats Erin. Team still believed in Russell, and Russell wins it with a great throw to the otherwise-goat, Jermaine Kearse. Erin goes home.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1hbavof5 said:
He's earning every penny of that paycheck this year.

And looking at that list, Erin is the only QB I would even consider over him for even a second.

Playing lights out, special football right now.

Actually if you look at Erin’s stats over the last 3 years, I don’t even give it a second of thought. Answer for me is No.

Check out Cowherd’s piece that was posted.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Rodgers is so overrated , he's been shit overall for 3 years now .

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":2sg7eu2r said:
Erin doesn't have the leadership factor that Russ has.
Data point: NFCCG, Russell 5 picks and still beats Erin. Team still believed in Russell, and Russell wins it with a great throw to the otherwise-goat, Jermaine Kearse. Erin goes home.

Rodgers doesn't hold himself accountable and wants to blame everyone but himself for failings, that and his tantrums and antics on the field, a DB or a WR can maybe get away with that stuff but a QB time and time again doing it I think would lose respect of the team and always being at odds with your coaches can't be a fun environment.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Ambrose83":idsq3bxm said:

Rodgers perplexes me, in his prime, he was a great QB, but whenever I watch him play, I gotta roll my eyes, because he's constantly trying to get free plays or get the D to go offsides, when he should just try to EARN the freakin' yards, rather than do the tacky thing and try to get the refs to help you out. If you're so good, why you gotta pull that crap? And he's not doing this on 3rd & short, or near the end of the game, or when they're trailing, he'll do it whenever he feels like it.

Regardless of his skill, I'd still take Wilson over him, and there are so many reasons why.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pretty much Every time were on National TV there are 30 Owners thinking we could have been contenders, 1 owner is thinking that's also what they were thinking when we drafted Brady in the 6th round.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Just found this, back in '12, Denver brought Wilson in for a pre-draft visit, and this is what a couple Donkey fans had to say about him.

Russell may be a good backup, but I can’t see him as a franchise qb, I think it would be a waste of a pick any higher than the 5th.
Posted by Broncoman on Apr 17, 2012 | 11:58 AM

5'11" - no thanks
Posted by ElwayFanJ on Apr 17, 2012 | 12:19 PM

Source: https://www.milehighreport.com/2012/4/1 ... ell-wilson

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
12 touchdowns, zero interceptions after five games — on pace for 38 touchdowns and zero interceptions.

1,409 yards — on pace for 4,508 yards on the season.

120 yards and 2 touchdowns rushing — on pace for 384 yards and 6 touchdowns rushing.

QB rating 126.3, completion percentage 73.1%, passing yards per attempt 9.0 — all the highest of his career, and by a good margin. Also historically good statistics compared to the rest of the league.

He's on pace for what would be by far the best year of his career.

seabowl

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":sdd0sc3o said:
Just found this, back in '12, Denver brought Wilson in for a pre-draft visit, and this is what a couple Donkey fans had to say about him.

Russell may be a good backup, but I can’t see him as a franchise qb, I think it would be a waste of a pick any higher than the 5th.

5'11" - no thanks

He'll I was saying he was Seneca Wallace.

IMO what truly sets him apart is his absolute never ending belief that anything can be accomplished no matter the circumstances. That's it.

Jac

Reaction score
I think Wilson is becoming (has already become) the new "Aaron Rodgers" is the national media narrative. He's playing like everybody imagines Rodgers is capable of (but actually hasn't for a very long time). Combined with the rise of Mahomes, Rodgers is a fading star perception-wise.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jac":2xt81fm9 said:
I think Wilson is becoming (has already become) the new "Aaron Rodgers" is the national media narrative. He's playing like everybody imagines Rodgers is capable of (but actually hasn't for a very long time). Combined with the rise of Mahomes, Rodgers is a fading star perception-wise.

Completely wrong, Russell Wilson is the same Russell Wilson, not new, just better at being who he is, the Mediots are now flocking because of his accomplishments so far and will be giving him attention and accolades and act like they have been doing it all along, until he has a bad game or a situation happens so they can roast him on a spit.

Donn2390

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":1lkryb2g said:

5'11" - no thanks

Why don't you seek out Broncoman and ElwayFanJ and see if their opinions have changed any?

hawk45

Reaction score
IMO Wilson > Rodgers for one simple reason: Wilson doesn't miss games. Rodgers is great when he's healthy and on, but with Wilson your most significant piece is always on the field where he can make a difference.

Rodgers is a great, great QB but Wilson is great and indestructible, despite the pounding he's taken over the years. Wilson is an absolute tank, with an instinct to protect himself.

xray

Reaction score
In fairness to Rodgers ; he will be 36 soon and has had some serious injuries too . He has regressed the last few seasons which is normal for most QBs not named Brady or Brees . Wilson is just 30 and has managed to avoid any serious injuries so far . Staying healthy is a huge advantage for Wilson ; maybe the biggest advantage . IMO

justafan

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":2xahoe3t said:
Ambrose83":2xahoe3t said:

Rodgers perplexes me, in his prime, he was a great QB, but whenever I watch him play, I gotta roll my eyes, because he's constantly trying to get free plays or get the D to go offsides, when he should just try to EARN the freakin' yards, rather than do the tacky thing and try to get the refs to help you out. If you're so good, why you gotta pull that crap? And he's not doing this on 3rd & short, or near the end of the game, or when they're trailing, he'll do it whenever he feels like it.

Regardless of his skill, I'd still take Wilson over him, and there are so many reasons why.

Actually thats heads up football. You keep the D from subbing out players. If you have the matchups you want you press it. I loved that Wilson caught the rams trying to bring in guys.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Can we knock it off with the sexist comments of "Erin"? It's Aaron, not Erin.