Reaction score
hawknation2018":2vqcbumz said:
Funny David Poo rant . . . :lol:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1002592250679869440[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1002592777958449152[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1002593152186789888[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1002594323475513345[/tweet]

:roll:

Even if all this were true, this is a big sign that Wilson needs a coach that will push him, teach him, to a certain extent help control him, etc. It's not unlike Favre, who needed his natural QBing gifts channeled through a disciplined approach in order to truly elevate his game to the highest level.

beaumaris

Reaction score
hawknation2018":e4uekoa5 said:
1. Tom Brady, Patriots
Brady is building on his GOAT resume before he retires, whenever that might happen. He has played like a passer possessed over the last three seasons, and there’s no reason to think he’ll drop off from arguably his best-ever play anytime soon.

2. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
Rodgers is coming off a season mostly lost to a broken collarbone, but considering how he rebounded from a similar injury a few years ago, he should make up for lost time with stellar play in 2018. Given how deep some of Rodgers’ elite contemporaries have played into their careers, his best could be yet to come.

3. Russell Wilson, Seahawks
With even more riding on his arm and legs, Wilson has gone from an exceptional complementary player to the all-out carrier of his team. His numbers are prolific and efficient, and so is his impact as a consistent MVP candidate. Just wait until he hits 30.

4. Drew Brees, Saints
Brees has a lost a little on his deep ball, but otherwise, his mental and physical skills remain sharp. He is durable and can adapt his play to what’s around him. He knows he can now get more from the running game and defense in New Orleans, which should lead to more wins.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/list/ra ... vt/slide/3

On his day he is second to none,imho. :2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
Third best QB in the NFL shouldn't have ranked 26th last year in scoring efficiency (drives led/drives ending in a score).

It's the one stat I've found that finally confirms my issue with Wilson being a truly top QB instead of a top "playmaking QB". No longer do I have to just talk about eye test or his general play inside/outside the pocket, scramble drill, etc.

Wilson makes unbelievable plays and led the league in TD passes last year, but remove all of those plays from the film and you see a different QB.

I'll try and post up the list later. The top 10 QBs are all the names you would expect....

Anyways, when Wilson moves up on the efficiency list to merely 12-15, he will be considered a #3 QB maybe.

Even that 34 TDs last year, I hear half of them in the 4th quarter.....

So that's about 16 TDs for quarters 1-3, that's about 1 TD pass a game for the first three quarters.....not great.

NINEster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":uzi9hrzn said:
Behind one of the worst running games/o lines in NFL history.

As long as we're clear:

Wilson used to have a good run block OL back in the day.

Pass block OL is hard to have when you are good at run block. Double if you have a QB like Wilson and not a standard drop back guy.

Max Unger is the biggest trade loss in recent Seahawk history.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NINEster":if6ftj6g said:
Third best QB in the NFL shouldn't have ranked 26th last year in scoring efficiency (drives led/drives ending in a score).

It's the one stat I've found that finally confirms my issue with Wilson being a truly top QB instead of a top "playmaking QB". No longer do I have to just talk about eye test or his general play inside/outside the pocket, scramble drill, etc.

Wilson makes unbelievable plays and led the league in TD passes last year, but remove all of those plays from the film and you see a different QB.

I'll try and post up the list later. The top 10 QBs are all the names you would expect....

Anyways, when Wilson moves up on the efficiency list to merely 12-15, he will be considered a #3 QB maybe.

So that's about 16 TDs for quarters 1-3, that's about 1 TD pass a game for the first three quarters.....not great.
Strange criticism.

Now it's not the number of TD passes thrown by a QB during the season, it's WHEN they are thrown that is important. wtf

But even if it were, would you not want them thrown in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line?????

Can you win the game in the 1st quarter?... the 2nd quarter?... need I go on.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
NINEster":18mh5zod said:
SoulfishHawk":18mh5zod said:
Behind one of the worst running games/o lines in NFL history.

As long as we're clear:

Wilson used to have a good run block OL back in the day.

Pass block OL is hard to have when you are good at run block. Double if you have a QB like Wilson and not a standard drop back guy.

Max Unger is the biggest trade loss in recent Seahawk history.

Wilson is #2 all-time in QB rating. That is just about as efficient as it gets.

The biggest thing holding the offense back has been play calling. I’m excited about the new OC.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well I for one am Glad that Russell is now flying helicopters so he can get from here to Portland real quick like!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

[instagram]BGyN_czM7N4[/instagram]

adeltaY

Reaction score
NINEster":l6fjyniv said:

I actually agree with Ninester that our offense was much worse than it appeared last year and that the passing game was woeful despite RW's really good TD/INT ratio (every other stat was subpar). In context, though, he was held back more by factors out of his control than his own play. How I rank the problems with our offense:

1. Bad offensive line
2. Bad playcalling/gameplanning
3. Penalties
4. Bad/unhealthy RBs
5. QB play

Let's look at the other QBs in the mix for top 5 (people's lists vary so more than five listed here)

1. Rodgers: playcalling is about as stale, OL is WAY better in pass protection, WRs a bit better, young and promising RBs a bit better

2. Brady: playcalling much better, OL considerably better overall, WRs worse, TE much better, RBs comparable

3. Brees: playcalling way better, OL way better in both facets, WRs about equal, RBs much better.

4. Ryan: playcalling better (look at their drive stats), OL better overall, WRs and RBs way better

5. Ben: playcalling?? OL much better, WRs much better, RBs much better

6. Wentz (lol should barely be top 10 IMO but people are putting him at #3!): much better playcalling, best OL in league, WRs are better, RBs better

Every single top-tier QB has a better situation that Russell Wilson does right now. The top 3 are definitely better than him straight up and the next three might be too, but you can't say any of them are working with less on offense. For some of them it isn't even close.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
adeltaY":sipj6mza said:
NINEster":sipj6mza said:

I actually agree with Ninester that our offense was much worse than it appeared last year and that the passing game was woeful despite RW's really good TD/INT ratio (every other stat was subpar). In context, though, he was held back more by factors out of his control than his own play. How I rank the problems with our offense:

1. Bad offensive line
2. Bad playcalling/gameplanning
3. Penalties
4. Bad/unhealthy RBs
5. QB play

Let's look at the other QBs in the mix for top 5 (people's lists vary so more than five listed here)

1. Rodgers: playcalling is about as stale, OL is WAY better in pass protection, WRs a bit better, young and promising RBs a bit better

2. Brady: playcalling much better, OL considerably better overall, WRs worse, TE much better, RBs comparable

3. Brees: playcalling way better, OL way better in both facets, WRs about equal, RBs much better.

4. Ryan: playcalling better (look at their drive stats), OL better overall, WRs and RBs way better

5. Ben: playcalling?? OL much better, WRs much better, RBs much better

6. Wentz (lol should barely be top 10 IMO but people are putting him at #3!): much better playcalling, best OL in league, WRs are better, RBs better

Every single top-tier QB has a better situation that Russell Wilson does right now. The top 3 are definitely better than him straight up and the next three might be too, but you can't say any of them are working with less on offense. For some of them it isn't even close.

I wouldn't say Matt Ryan's play calling is better. Rodgers' play calling was certainly better.

Let's see what Brian Schottenheimer accomplishes. His intelligence is obvious. This will be the most talented offense he has been a part of, by far. I'm very hopeful.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sark was very underrated because he had some true blunders in big moments, such as on the potential game winning goal line possession in the playoffs. The Falcons offense was actually really good in terms of yards per drive, points per drive, and other efficiency metrics. ICE had awful luck with INTs this year, I think at least half of them were due to receiver error.

Rodgers has had bad playcalling for the past few years. People don't notice it because he's so good that he elevates the offense, largely with incredible precision throws and playing out of structure (like RW propped up our former offensive regime). McCarthy has been holding him back for too long, but that's fine for the Seahawks.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
adeltaY":2woe879q said:
Sark was very underrated because he had some true blunders in big moments, such as on the potential game winning goal line possession in the playoffs. The Falcons offense was actually really good in terms of yards per drive, points per drive, and other efficiency metrics. ICE had awful luck with INTs this year, I think at least half of them were due to receiver error.

Rodgers has had bad playcalling for the past few years. People don't notice it because he's so good that he elevates the offense, largely with incredible precision throws and playing out of structure (like RW propped up our former offensive regime). McCarthy has been holding him back for too long, but that's fine for the Seahawks.

Irrelevant to the the topic, but agree to disagree on both points.

Tical21

Reaction score
There will never be a day in the career of Russell Wilson where he wakes up and is better than Drew Brees was at any point in his career.