Walter Thurmond substance abuse suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3p2n8glb said:
Chrome_Seahawk":3p2n8glb said:
blkhwk":3p2n8glb said:
The only timing issue is WT3 dropped his appeal this week. Probably so he can be back for the playoffs. The team has probably been waiting to hear on the appeal for awhile, with this week being the week they would drop the appeal if they had not heard anything.
I'm sure we will learn more throughout the course of this week, but in reading the releases carefully, I'm reading that Thurmond will drop his appeal early NEXT WEEK so that he can be back for the playoffs.....to me, that means he is appealing specifically so that he can play in the New Orleans game(when we will clearly need him) and then will take the 4 game suspension against the 49ers, Giants, Cardinals and Rams). Then he'd be back for the playoffs....theoretically with a week of rest of we can continue to win without him...

That is my interpretation, as well.
Let's hope its true.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Holy tap dancing Jesus Christmas on a cracker this thread has to have some of the worst over reacting and panty wringing in the history of the Internet. So a kid screwed up. Give him a break!

Secondary is deep as hell. Lane and maxwell are proven. Shead and Simon have TONS of potential. And it's not like he's getting the Pete rose treatment; he'll be back in a month. We'll be fine.

Shit, I think some folks on here could probably stand to smoke a fat bowl cuz yall be some uptight Mutual truckas...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
CANHawk":b7v0zook said:
Holy tap dancing Jesus Christmas on a cracker this thread has to have some of the worst over reacting and panty wringing in the history of the Internet. So a kid screwed up. Give him a break!

Secondary is deep as hell. Lane and maxwell are proven. Shead and Simon have TONS of potential. And it's not like he's getting the Pete rose treatment; he'll be back in a month. We'll be fine.

Shit, I think some folks on here could probably stand to smoke a fat bowl cuz yall be some uptight Mutual truckas...

Yeah. Who cares about the team? Do your own thing.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":24ia7aeo said:

It's always easier to throw stones at someone else's house.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Anyone have anything definitive on whether or not Cheech Thurmond will be starting vs. N.O.?

Probably the last game, until the playoffs, that he would really be missed.

jblaze

Reaction score
This is bad for WT3 but we have people that can step up and have been looking for an opportunity. They will shine. WT3 just said goodbye to millions with this offense, no question. We've stuck with him in the past, hopefully he'll stick with us now.

This is a big deal since BB went out, but it's only for the regular season where we'll do ok and he'll be back for the postseason where it really matters. He'll be hungry to make a play when he does return and it may all work out in the end.

Next man up and all that but he may be extra motivated once the post season comes. Boy wants to get paid and he just halved his pay check. No one wants to mess with a pothead and a potential 1 year suspension.

HawkWow

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1tgiszqf said:
CANHawk":1tgiszqf said:

That's my preference, especially considering the glass house in which I reside.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I don't think it's an overreaction at all to be upset at the selfishness of this mistake. I can only speak for myself here, but I absolutely feel sick that he's done this after all the team has done on his behalf.

As for standing up for teammates, I'd expect nothing more from them. I'm glad about that, because Walter will only be left with feeling worse about it, knowing what it causes for the team.

I am beyond disappointed, but mostly because of the nature of this needless stupidity. Leave no doubt, indeed.

CANHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2wrpqbe3 said:
CANHawk":2wrpqbe3 said:

Yeah. Who cares about the team? Do your own thing.

You need to comb the knots out of your beard or something my brotha because you tense. We'll be fine.

Remember last year when we lost BB for 4 games and WT was on IR (again)? We were FINE. Lane and Maxwell are legit. They'd start on a 1/3 of the teams in the league. I suspect Shead gets called up and we see why he was one of the highest paid practice squadies in the league.

Sure im worried a little, but some peeps are just being hormonal about it. Have a coke and a smile and chill the F out already...

belizehawkfan

Reaction score
First post on seahawks.net. I'm a casualty of the PIforum closing (I was tonykang on there). Updated name to be more relevant as I will be living in Belize starting in February.
WTIII's suspension is disappointing but far from crippling. The Hawks went 4-0 last year with Sherm, Maxwell and Lane as their CB's.
58-0 over AZ allowing 111 yards passing on 19 pf 39 attempts and 4 interceptions
50-17 over Buff allowing 215 yards passing on 24 of 43 attempts with 2 picks
42-13 over SF allowing 231 yards on 19 of 36 passing with 1 pick
20-13 over STL allowing 252 yards on 25 of 42 passing with 1 pick

overall for that 4 game stretch opposing offenses completed only 87 of 160 (54%) for 202 yards per game and 3 touchdowns to 8 interceptions.
Pretty impressive for any group of DB's let alone your backups.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LymonHawk":37gbv7b7 said:
CANHawk":37gbv7b7 said:

The funny thing is hypocrites like this will be the first to throw stones at another teams 'house' when their player screws up but when our guys screw the pooch they will be eager to look the other way.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
belizehawkfan":3oflf343 said:
First post on seahawks.net. I'm a casualty of the PIforum closing (I was tonykang on there). Updated name to be more relevant as I will be living in Belize starting in February.
WTIII's suspension is disappointing but far from crippling. The Hawks went 4-0 last year with Sherm, Maxwell and Lane as their CB's.
58-0 over AZ allowing 111 yards passing on 19 pf 39 attempts and 4 interceptions

overall for that 4 game stretch opposing offenses completed only 87 of 160 (54%) for 202 yards per game and 3 touchdowns to 8 interceptions.

What are you doing in Belize?

belizehawkfan

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1uycuelq said:
belizehawkfan":1uycuelq said:

I'll be writing fiction. Taking a 2 year break from my current career to pursue a dream. I'll be moving the family down to a property of my in-laws this coming February.

jblaze

Reaction score
We were on an offensive explosion of sorts during that 4 week steak. I'm not sure it's relevant. You can't put Brees in that category of weak QB's.

This "problem" will be worth a few yards in the next game although it won't be worth a W. Get Max and Lane some 1st team reps and they'll be prepared.

We'll come out with HFA regardless of a CB suspension. Calm down boys, it's a mess but not catastrophic.

belizehawkfan

Reaction score
Fair point smelly. You might argue that at the time Kaepernick was playing pretty close to an elite level, though he has since came back down to earth. Brees will put our DB's to the test, but he would have done that anyway. The point is the drop off from WTIII to Maxwell and Lane is minimal, and once we are past Brees we face this year's version of Kaepernick, this year's version of Eli Manning, Kellen Clemens and Carson Palmer. Not what you would call a murderer's row.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
belizehawkfan":26z2plec said:
I'll be writing fiction. Taking a 2 year break from my current career to pursue a dream. I'll be moving the family down to a property of my in-laws this coming February.

Sounds awesome and I hope you'll be able to find what you're looking for.

On point though, so disappointed in WT3. Hopefully Maxwell and Lane are more then ready. We knew they're hungry, so here's there chance to step up again. At the least we should expect WT3 back for the playoffs and probably BB too.

belizehawkfan

Reaction score
JBlaze, of course it is relevant. The offensive explosion the Hawks were experiencing only lends credence to the stifling pass defense that the Hawks were playing during that stretch, as those opposing offenses were primarily throwing against prevent-style defenses trying to catch up.
Additional relevance can be found in the fact that you might say this year's Hawks offense is currently experiencing a similar offensive explosion.

HawkWow

Reaction score
belizehawkfan":1f34juix said:
bestfightstory":1f34juix said:
belizehawkfan":1f34juix said:

Let me suggest a subject for you : '2013, the year of the Niners'. I can PM you my address if you'd like to cut me in on the profits. Oh, welcome to .net and thanks for that 4 game reminder.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Fact is our offense just needs to up their game a bit, luckily we have our OL back and a healthy Percy Harvin with a quarterback fully capable of putting this team on his back. Basically? Not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.