Video (with audio) of Sherman and Williams altercation.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Dirty Bird I can see how you would feel that way and I don't think he is malicious either. But honestly going up in face Brady's face after the game and saying "U Mad Bro" is pretty tacky. He did a good job against Brady defensively and his game spoke for itself. There's no need for the postgame antics or trash talk after the game IMO. He's talented enough that he can back it up. But unless he changes his approach i'm sure other players and fans of other teams will view and possibly treat him like a punk. It also doesn't help with the refs either.[/quote said:
Let's tell it like it really happened.....Brady was walking off the field with his head down in shame. Richard Sherman was walking along side at least three feet away and he asked Brady in a mocking manner, "You mad bro?" Hardly an "in your face" comment.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":38x6b61f said:
But honestly going up in face Brady's face after the game and saying "U Mad Bro" is pretty tacky.
I believe that during the contest, Brady invited Sherman to have a post-game conversation. Sherman merely took him up on his offer. :eek:

bloodkingg

Reaction score
You know he actually wasn't saying "U Mad Bro" right? He retweeted a meme. LOL.

He went up to continue the smack talk conversation that him and Brady were both engaging on during the whole game. And since Brady is a professional they now have a decent rivalry.

That's the other big elephant in the room here, is that Sherman has actually never done or said anything tacky. If you piece it all together he's never taken a shot at someone specific, he's never done anything really all that bad. The only thing he had done is become visible to the media and kicked some serious tail on the field. The PED thing added fuel to his haters fire and from there it's just assumed that Sherman is dirty. Not true at all.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2fvo5x19 said:
-The Glove-":2fvo5x19 said:
Dirty Bird":2fvo5x19 said:
Sherman is already building up a bad reputation around the league for being a punk much like Cortland Finnegan. Expect him to get smacked upside his head many more times unless he changes his approach.
Big difference between what a Cortland Finnegan or Deangelo Hall does and Sherman...probably my bias but it seems Sherman's never malicious in his delivery or tactics. Look at how he played vs. Steve Smith. Sherman was only talking and he had Steve Smith wanting to wrestle instead of focusing on his routes. Even hurt his team with a penalty. Sherman didn't retaliate once...he just played his game, and took Smith off of his. That's a part of football.
I can see how you would feel that way and I don't think he is malicious either. But honestly going up in face Brady's face after the game and saying "U Mad Bro" is pretty tacky. He did a good job against Brady defensively and his game spoke for itself. There's no need for the postgame antics or trash talk after the game IMO. He's talented enough that he can back it up. But unless he changes his approach i'm sure other players and fans of other teams will view and possibly treat him like a punk. It also doesn't help with the refs either.

It helps if you actually know the story before giving your input.

In all reality (Brady included) these guys are talking smack to Sherman and the Hawk DB's before and during the game. Sherman kicks their tails during the game and reminds them about their misguided remarks afterwards.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
teehee. giggle... you gotta love it...we are going in to Atlanta with swagger... and... even if we lose we going home with swagger LOL

Onyx

Reaction score
“I kept saying I’m going to get that next time," Sherman recalled to Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune. "Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to (Brady): ‘Please keep trying me. I’m going to take it from you.’ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ‘Oh, I’ll see you after game.’ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.”

Theres no "U Mad Bro" comment actually made during their interaction. That was a fan created picture that Sherman tweeted out.

JOz56

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2fj6snf1 said:
-The Glove-":2fj6snf1 said:
Dirty Bird":2fj6snf1 said:
Sherman is already building up a bad reputation around the league for being a punk much like Cortland Finnegan. Expect him to get smacked upside his head many more times unless he changes his approach.
Big difference between what a Cortland Finnegan or Deangelo Hall does and Sherman...probably my bias but it seems Sherman's never malicious in his delivery or tactics. Look at how he played vs. Steve Smith. Sherman was only talking and he had Steve Smith wanting to wrestle instead of focusing on his routes. Even hurt his team with a penalty. Sherman didn't retaliate once...he just played his game, and took Smith off of his. That's a part of football.
I can see how you would feel that way and I don't think he is malicious either. But honestly going up in face Brady's face after the game and saying "U Mad Bro" is pretty tacky. He did a good job against Brady defensively and his game spoke for itself. There's no need for the postgame antics or trash talk after the game IMO. He's talented enough that he can back it up. But unless he changes his approach i'm sure other players and fans of other teams will view and possibly treat him like a punk. It also doesn't help with the refs either.

To be fair, Brady did tell both Sherman and Thomas to see him after the game after he beat them. So, you know...

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
LOL I know the story and it doesn't change the fact that what he did was tacky. NFL players talk smack during games, everyone knows that, it's football. But when the whistle blows and the game is over it's the classy and right thing to do to shake each other's hands and congratulate each other on a hard fought game. Do you see Brady talking smack during the postgame?

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
bloodkingg":ti7zrmy1 said:
You know he actually wasn't saying "U Mad Bro" right? He retweeted a meme. LOL.

He went up to continue the smack talk conversation that him and Brady were both engaging on during the whole game. And since Brady is a professional they now have a decent rivalry.

That's the other big elephant in the room here, is that Sherman has actually never done or said anything tacky. If you piece it all together he's never taken a shot at someone specific, he's never done anything really all that bad. The only thing he had done is become visible to the media and kicked some serious tail on the field. The PED thing added fuel to his haters fire and from there it's just assumed that Sherman is dirty. Not true at all.
Ah I didn't know that. LOL my bad, but he was talking smack right?

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Onyx":1vxb7b2v said:
“I kept saying I’m going to get that next time," Sherman recalled to Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune. "Every TV timeout, I went up and said it right to (Brady): ‘Please keep trying me. I’m going to take it from you.’ That was when they were winning. He just gave me that look and said, ‘Oh, I’ll see you after game.’ Well, I made sure I saw him after the game.”

Theres no "U Mad Bro" comment actually made during their interaction. That was a fan created picture that Sherman tweeted out.
Judging from that quote it would appear as if Sherman initiated the confrontation. So why is he being treated like a victim around here?

Bucknastay

Reaction score
Man I love sherm. He took that wussy hit like a man. And no he dont need to tone it down. Hes a shutdown corner and sure he talks a lot but thats the fuel he needs to perform at high level. You go Sherm do your thing my brotha. Straight outta Compton!! :141847_bnono:

tomahawk

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2v6fut8s said:
Onyx":2v6fut8s said:

Judging from that quote it would appear as if Sherman initiated the confrontation. So why is he being treated like a victim around here?

Maybe cause he just got smacked in the face by a 320# lineman?

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":18f90jjs said:

The real question is why is he treated like a guilty man? I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out.

Bucknastay

Reaction score
Man I love sherm. He took that wussy hit like a man. And no he dont need to tone it down. Hes a shutdown corner and sure he talks a lot but thats the fuel he needs to perform at high level. You go Sherm do your thing my brotha. Straight outta Compton!! :141847_bnono:

djb28

Reaction score
Boys will be boys! I don't care, I was entertained.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":ejmsaa8p said:
Onyx":ejmsaa8p said:

Nobodys treating him as the victim...its just tiring to hear the golden boy, Brady, portrayed as some sort of saint. He talks trash with the best of them. The only reason many are portraying Sherman as such a classless player is because it was Brady.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
hawkmanj":23lz79wy said:
I LOVE Sherman, but I think he needs to tone it down ONCE the game is over. During the game, sure talk all you want so long as you back it up, which he does. He probably said something that got Williams going. Did it warrant the punch? No...but post game altercations need to stop.

Williams definitely approached Sherman while he was being polite to other Redskins. He looks awkward just standing there waiting to confront Sherman. This is about 5 seconds before the punch which you see live on the broadcast in the background just as they were going to commercial.

46210_WilliamsSherman.gif

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2nr53nnd said:

You realize he didn't actually say "You mad Bro" right? You realize a fan put that together and tweeted it to him and he thought it was funny and so he ReTweeted it and it blew up. Brady also told him and Earl Thomas to talk to him after the game, so he did. What he actually said to Brady was probably more along the lines of the stuff he said to Bob Griffin after the game last Sunday. Troll elsewhere.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":9gd8v4es said:
You realize he didn't actually say "You mad Bro" right? You realize a fan put that together and tweeted it to him and he thought it was funny and so he ReTweeted it and it blew up. Brady also told him and Earl Thomas to talk to him after the game, so he did. What he actually said to Brady was probably more along the lines of the stuff he said to Bob Griffin after the game last Sunday. Troll elsewhere.

This has been mentioned and DirtyBird has admitted his lack of knowledge. Now he knows, he seems like good company.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3hqvh0sn said:
hawkmanj":3hqvh0sn said:
I LOVE Sherman, but I think he needs to tone it down ONCE the game is over. During the game, sure talk all you want so long as you back it up, which he does. He probably said something that got Williams going. Did it warrant the punch? No...but post game altercations need to stop.

Williams definitely approached Sherman while he was being polite to other Redskins. He looks awkward just standing there waiting to confront Sherman. This is about 5 seconds before the punch which you see live on the broadcast in the background just as they were going to commercial.

46210_WilliamsSherman.gif

Lol! This is too great. I'm still laughing at how guilty Williams looks, even if it wasn't necessary that clear cut it's still a hilarious image.

Latest posts