Video (with audio) of Sherman and Williams altercation.

Twisted

Reaction score
RockinHawks":2ii6bl2t said:
Pressing for legal action just makes you look like more of a puss.

lol thats funny, what makes you look like a puss is punching a guy who's not wearing his headgear when YOU are!

I'd drain that clowns bank account then laugh at him the next time we matched up...

haha dood, you need a loan?

whats he got 100 lbs on Sherman? and he doesn't have the sac the take his helmet off when he swings? yea no thats really brave, I mean really brave... :roll:

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Here's a relevant question: If that had happened in-game, would it have been an ejection? (I'm unsure of the rules here.) If so, then it'd be pretty hard to argue coherently against a one-game suspension. I don't know what it takes to get ejected from an NFL game though.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
bellingerga":r7ewns8e said:
bloodkingg":r7ewns8e said:
Holy moly, that's intense. Williams obviously has some type of aggression issues. Several game suspension is absolutely deserved and IMO that's assault and legal action could be called for. Sherman shouldn't be sticking his face near bullheaded linemen but regardless there's no reason to resort to violence ever IMO.

over-reaction much.

Nope. You don't hit other people unless it's in self-defense. It's not that hard of a concept.

And it is assault, he punched the man in the face. He could've smacked talked back like a lot of sports players, or he could've been like "hey bro let's chill out", or he could've stood there and acted manly with his arms crossed until they said bye or he could've walked away. I really don't care about what you guys think "being a man" is or whatever, your societal musings don't interest me or the law one bit. And if anything just shows how the NFL has somehow allowed this type of action to pervade the sport to the point the fans are accepting it as normal.

I admit pressing legal action is over the top but only barely and if only because the NFL has allowed this type of action and people (media, fans, and players) would frown upon Sherman for upsetting the company he works for. (and partly because it's a pretty small punch)

I'm happy this isn't one of our guys because I would want him off the team instantly. And knowing Pete Carroll that would probably be the outcome.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
A fairly serious repremand from the NFL or the Redskins would be nice, just to show that this is a professional sport and these grown men need to act like professionals and that this type of action is not permissable under any circumstances. I believe Williams already apologized so that's good. Still the Redskins should cut him even though they won't saying "Sherman was smack talking blah blah" or "It wasn't close handed so it didn't hurt him that bad". But those kind of excuses wouldn't fly with our guys and that's why we're awesome and going places.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawkmanj":wksb1wpa said:
I LOVE Sherman, but I think he needs to tone it down ONCE the game is over. During the game, sure talk all you want so long as you back it up, which he does. He probably said something that got Williams going. Did it warrant the punch? No...but post game altercations need to stop.
How do you know Sherman seeked out Williams? For all you know, Williams could've seeked him.out and said something to Sherman first. If you can't stand smack talk, you're in the wrong profession.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1e66t0sg said:
hawkmanj":1e66t0sg said:
I LOVE Sherman, but I think he needs to tone it down ONCE the game is over. During the game, sure talk all you want so long as you back it up, which he does. He probably said something that got Williams going. Did it warrant the punch? No...but post game altercations need to stop.
How do you know Sherman seeked out Williams? For all you know, Williams could've seeked him.out and said something to Sherman first. If you can't stand smack talk, you're in the wrong profession.

That's actually EXACTLY what happened. Williams was the one that started the entire confrontation. All Sherman said was go ahead and hit me.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1hqe87f2 said:
-The Glove-":1hqe87f2 said:
hawkmanj":1hqe87f2 said:

That's actually EXACTLY what happened. Williams was the one that started the entire confrontation. All Sherman said was go ahead and hit me.
That's what I've heard from most accounts, but I haven't watched the video yet.

Wasn't he hugging it out and talking to RG3 when Williams confronted him?

bloodkingg

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":su2ey1tg said:
bloodkingg":su2ey1tg said:
But those kind of excuses wouldn't fly with our guys and that's why we're awesome and going places.
Hmmm. Anyway, anybody know the answer? Do you get ejected for throwing a punch during a game?

Has to do with the referee's judgement I imagine. From watching videos of when Lion's DT Suh got ejected for stepping on players he was immediately tossed due to maliciousness and intent. I think if Williams came up to Sherman at any point when Sherman has his helmet off and punched him in the face he would immediately be gone, especially considering he would have to go out of his way to find a moment when he had his helmet off.

Say they both had their helmet on and he comes up and punches him in the stomach or somewhere exposed, then yeah of course he would be. Say they would trash talking and in each others faces and he punched him in the facemask as soft as Williams did, probably not but just because you can't really have a malicious intent punching someones facemask lol

taz291819

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":222p5pom said:
bloodkingg":222p5pom said:
But those kind of excuses wouldn't fly with our guys and that's why we're awesome and going places.
Hmmm. Anyway, anybody know the answer? Do you get ejected for throwing a punch during a game?

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. That was an open hand slap, which normally wouldn't warrant an ejection. Closed-fist punches, yeah, people have been ejected for that.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I am all for Sherm talking smack whenever he likes. If he wants to get in their heads, let him. It's not like he's the one throwing the punches. It'll only emphasize the weakness of his opponents.

He is the reincarnation of Gary Payton in football pads.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Sherman is already building up a bad reputation around the league for being a punk much like Cortland Finnegan. Expect him to get smacked upside his head many more times unless he changes his approach.

shawnsim

Reaction score
You can clearly hear Sherman say go Seahawks twice. I love it.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":3exi7joc said:
Sherman is already building up a bad reputation around the league for being a punk much like Cortland Finnegan. Expect him to get smacked upside his head many more times unless he changes his approach.

Then each of them should be cut from their teams. Did you see Brady throwing punches when Sherman was talking ish to him? No way! He'll back it up on the field next time he plays Sherman and that's all Sherman wants too.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":32km0ice said:
Big difference between what a Cortland Finnegan or Deangelo Hall does and Sherman...probably my bias but it seems Sherman's never malicious in his delivery or tactics. Look at how he played vs. Steve Smith. Sherman was only talking and he had Steve Smith wanting to wrestle instead of focusing on his routes. Even hurt his team with a penalty. Sherman didn't retaliate once...he just played his game, and took Smith off of his. That's a part of football.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Wow. Williams you're so tough punching a DB after the game with your helmet on. Funny how many Redskin Fans I have seen say it was justified. Folks, the Seahawks got in your head as bad as Sherman got in Williams. You lost the game, your season and potentially serious long term ramifications for your QB whom you still owe several first round picks on. I actually feel bad for you guys.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":1b063h2j said:

I'm willing to bet my toy poodle that your team's FO only dreams of having him on your team. He acts like a punk towards his opponents, but backs it up with top-notch CB play. Most people outside of Seattle don't know that he's a huge nerd. He loves cartoons and comics, and is a really cool guy to listen and talk to. He's down to earth with his fans and puts his teammates first.

But hey, I don't care if Falcons fans don't know that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2mlqq1rb said:

Except Sherman's truly elite, Finnegan is only good.

acbass

Reaction score
Sherman is like our Dennis Rodman. Part of his game is to get inside the head of the other players. He does a good job of it. Personally, I have no problem with it as long as he backs it up. Thus far he has. It's a game. It's supposed to be entertaining.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
-The Glove-":kd37id35 said:
Dirty Bird":kd37id35 said:
Big difference between what a Cortland Finnegan or Deangelo Hall does and Sherman...probably my bias but it seems Sherman's never malicious in his delivery or tactics. Look at how he played vs. Steve Smith. Sherman was only talking and he had Steve Smith wanting to wrestle instead of focusing on his routes. Even hurt his team with a penalty. Sherman didn't retaliate once...he just played his game, and took Smith off of his. That's a part of football.
I can see how you would feel that way and I don't think he is malicious either. But honestly going up in face Brady's face after the game and saying "U Mad Bro" is pretty tacky. He did a good job against Brady defensively and his game spoke for itself. There's no need for the postgame antics or trash talk after the game IMO. He's talented enough that he can back it up. But unless he changes his approach i'm sure other players and fans of other teams will view and possibly treat him like a punk. It also doesn't help with the refs either.