Video (with audio) of Sherman and Williams altercation.

Sventity

Reaction score
Video

I didn't see this posted, so if it has been I apologize. I wish this started maybe 10 seconds earlier so we could hear what led up to the hit, but you can hear what sounds like:

Sherman: What are you going to do then boy?
Williams: I am going to punch you in your **** face
Sherman: Then do it, boy
*Williams swings*
Photographers: Whoa whoa whoa!
Sherman starts to laugh.
Sherman: He punched me in my face! I didn't do nothing he came to me I didn't do nothing.

Matches up pretty well with what Sherman said, though hopefully we'll catch more on his Mic'd Up segment.

taz291819

Reaction score
I don't think Tate needed to be around the big guys. Though who was that next to Tate, Mebane?

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Holy moly, that's intense. Williams obviously has some type of aggression issues. Several game suspension is absolutely deserved and IMO that's assault and legal action could be called for. Sherman shouldn't be sticking his face near bullheaded linemen but regardless there's no reason to resort to violence ever IMO.

otter

Reaction score
Lesson to Dick Sherman, keep your helmet on as long as you are on the field.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
bloodkingg":3tldk5lf said:
Holy moly, that's intense. Williams obviously has some type of aggression issues. Several game suspension is absolutely deserved and IMO that's assault and legal action could be called for. Sherman shouldn't be sticking his face near bullheaded linemen but regardless there's no reason to resort to violence ever IMO.

Suspension? Its not like his fist was closed. Fine...yes.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
bloodkingg":houoojx5 said:
Please...it's FOOTBALL, it's a violent sport. Asking these players to NOT resort to violence, is like trying to re-train them to tackle differently than they've been taught for the past 10 years of their lives.

Sherman is a talker, he was in his face, asking him what he was going to do...he did it. You walk and talk like a man, you can take a hit like a man. Too bad Sweezy wasn't closer so he could give one back to Mr. Williams...

Pressing for legal action just makes you look like more of a puss.

Giblien

Reaction score
Sherman to Garçon: "You suck."

LOL. I love Sherman.

Hawk Haole

Reaction score
RockinHawks":33ssi8r1 said:
bloodkingg":33ssi8r1 said:
Please...it's FOOTBALL, it's a violent sport. Asking these players to NOT resort to violence, is like trying to re-train them to tackle differently than they've been taught for the past 10 years of their lives.

Sherman is a talker, he was in his face, asking him what he was going to do...he did it. You walk and talk like a man, you can take a hit like a man. Too bad Sweezy wasn't closer so he could give one back to Mr. Williams...

^ Agree.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":ifyf3ev2 said:
bloodkingg":ifyf3ev2 said:

Suspension? Its not like his fist was closed. Fine...yes.

Cause he swings like a lady.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Don't kid yourself rigo, he likely won't play another game before September.

taz291819

Reaction score
Talking smack to opposing players is fine, but don't antagonize the opposing team's fans. Not cool, Sherman.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Hawk Haole":1nsskosk said:
RockinHawks":1nsskosk said:
bloodkingg":1nsskosk said:

^ Agree.

Disagree. Punching someone after the game is no different then if they punched each other on the street IMO. "It's FOOTBALL" Lol, nope, no reason for violence ever. Someone smack talking you? Then walk away, it's not hard. No excuses in my book.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Disagree. Punching someone after the game is no different then if they punched each other on the street IMO. "It's FOOTBALL" Lol, nope, no reason for violence ever. Someone smack talking you? Then walk away, it's not hard. No excuses in my book.[/quote][/quote]

If Trent really went at him full bore its unlikely Sherman would be able to play this week. At the very least he wouldn't be mockingly putting his hands up the way he did. It was more of a "get out of my face" swipe.

Twisted

Reaction score
that dood is a tard and a half, what a dolt, he loses the game then proceeds to hit a player without a helmet when he is fully dressed?

pretty pathetic and pretty chickenshirt if you ask me, see you in court dumbass, thats assault no matter where you are, all caught on camera as well

can you say "goodbye career"

theres stoopid and then theres stoopid...
facepalm.gif

bellingerga

Reaction score
bloodkingg":3qtz28ju said:

over-reaction much.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
I LOVE Sherman, but I think he needs to tone it down ONCE the game is over. During the game, sure talk all you want so long as you back it up, which he does. He probably said something that got Williams going. Did it warrant the punch? No...but post game altercations need to stop.

Latest posts