Vernon Davis not participating in OTAs

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":q16sml9m said:
Marvin love.

I know all of you are diehard Hawk fans, but it really is rare that you get a fan from another team who not only reads all of your homerisms, but also pretty much objectively posts about his own loved team.

I just wanted to point that out.

:D

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RedAlice":29wz482e said:
Marvin love.

I know all of you are diehard Hawk fans, but it really is rare that you get a fan from another team who not only reads all of your homerisms, but also pretty much objectively posts about his own loved team.

Is that a way of patting yourself on the back?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":3ml2rb02 said:
He broke the TD record for TEs only a couple seasons ago. Don't act like last season was his only stellar year.

And, to be honest, nobody on the 49ers even remembers the Kam Chancellor hit on Davis. It's football. Hits happen all the time. Trust me, the 49ers have just a hard hitting defense. Only difference is, our fanbase doesn't go around believing other players are scared of Patrick Willis or Navrrow Bowman.

Davis took a long time to develop into the receiving TE he was drafted to be. We are talking 3-4 years of consistent production in games that really mattered. Some of that could be QB or offensive style, but out of the blocks Davis was a disappointment.

And to be honest every 49er remembers the hits on Davis. Especially Davis. It was evident in the NFCC and there just isn't a lot of guys out there that can do that to a 250 pound TE.

It's not our fault that Kamtrack has highlight reel hits on your boy that NFLN replays frequently. Impossible to forget.

Just read a pre game thread in a Niner forum, you will see the posts about how RW is scared. Of course more often than not RW makes the defender look like Warner Brothers cartoon Villian.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
RedAlice":1qiyemgl said:
Marvin love.

LOL NOPE

But I forgive you because I like that you rep being a fan of the LOS ANGELES Rams, as God intended the Rams to be known.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Davis says he "might not" attend mandatory training camp.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/05/30 ... -be-there/

giphy39.gif

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2q5fx617 said:
Front7vLOB":2q5fx617 said:
He broke the TD record for TEs only a couple seasons ago. Don't act like last season was his only stellar year.

And, to be honest, nobody on the 49ers even remembers the Kam Chancellor hit on Davis. It's football. Hits happen all the time. Trust me, the 49ers have just a hard hitting defense. Only difference is, our fanbase doesn't go around believing other players are scared of Patrick Willis or Navrrow Bowman.

Davis took a long time to develop into the receiving TE he was drafted to be. We are talking 3-4 years of consistent production in games that really mattered. Some of that could be QB or offensive style, but out of the blocks Davis was a disappointment.

And to be honest every 49er remembers the hits on Davis. Especially Davis. It was evident in the NFCC and there just isn't a lot of guys out there that can do that to a 250 pound TE.

It's not our fault that Kamtrack has highlight reel hits on your boy that NFLN replays frequently. Impossible to forget.

Just read a pre game thread in a Niner forum, you will see the posts about how RW is scared. Of course more often than not RW makes the defender look like Warner Brothers cartoon Villian.

That's fair.

He also needed an adjustment in attitude. Vernon has been a completely different player since the day Mike Singletary kicked him out of the game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HawkWow":1ri17f1q said:
Just pay the man. Whatever it is he wants... double it.

Yep.. It's totally obvious that Davis' main concern is winning a Super Bowl. Definitely pay the man more.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":8lclcjtd said:
Seattle also made sure to re-do Clemons's contract when he briefly held out a couple years ago, but Seattle's FO tries their best to reward players who perform.

Like how they never even bothered offering Tate a deal so that they could pay Percy two million per catch last year? Or like how they cut Robinson too late for him to catch on anywhere else last year, or like how they cut one of their team captains one year after extending him to avoid giving him his roster bonus because they decided they liked a rental FA better?

And I'm not even remotely bagging on the Hawks at all. EVERY fan of every team is living in a glass house when throwing those stones.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Popeyejones":6ncwnq6o said:
Smelly McUgly":6ncwnq6o said:
Seattle also made sure to re-do Clemons's contract when he briefly held out a couple years ago, but Seattle's FO tries their best to reward players who perform.

Like how they never even bothered offering Tate a deal so that they could pay Percy two million per catch last year? Or like how they cut Robinson too late for him to catch on anywhere else last year, or like how they cut one of their team captains one year after extending him to avoid giving him his roster bonus because they decided they liked a rental FA better?

And I'm not even remotely bagging on the Hawks at all. EVERY fan of every team is living in a glass house when throwing those stones.

Well, at least you aren't making shit up to support your position.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":13zzf484 said:
Smelly McUgly":13zzf484 said:

Like how they never even bothered offering Tate a deal so that they could pay Percy two million per catch last year? Or like how they cut Robinson too late for him to catch on anywhere else last year, or like how they cut one of their team captains one year after extending him to avoid giving him his roster bonus because they decided they liked a rental FA
Someone's bottom is still smarting after the NFCCG. ^^^

But I'm sure you are "over it and all".... :roll:

I'm not complaining but I've noticed you've posted a lot less since Seattle ended the digits season....... but now you are starting to feel more brave as your false bravado grows as a new season is on the horizon.

Neat! :sarcasm_off:

Exittium

Reaction score
HMM nina fans may not remember the original KamTram hit:

seahawks.gif

BUT Part 2 wasn't so bad either and can't be as easy to shake knowing you got dazed by the same dude previous yr.. except now its in the NFCCG.. Face it Kams got his number and Don't say he wasn't dazed, I laughed seeing vernon blink and shake his head crazy to keep from being pulled the ball coming out like that I'd say a nice quick blackout

KamHit

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":dyjrxqqc said:
I'm not complaining but I've noticed you've posted a lot less since Seattle ended the digits season....... but now you are starting to feel more brave as your false bravado grows as a new season is on the horizon.

Neat! :sarcasm_off:

Lol at the delusional timeline. I posted a ton through the beginning of March and since then have posted much, much less for the exact reason I said I'd be posting much, much less: my wife gave birth to our first child -- a daughter -- on March 15. I just simply don't have the time to clean up hers while also commenting on your incessant obsession with rolling around in yours. ;)

JZ#1

Reaction score
Don't bother with Sports Hernia. He is borderline stocker who can't have an intelligent football conversation without trolling anyone who disagrees with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has your post history printed up on his wall.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Popeyejones":d4pr7rq6 said:
Smelly McUgly":d4pr7rq6 said:

They did offer Tate a deal, just not as much as he wanted, nor as much as Detroit was willing to offer him. I think he was smart to take the money and move on.

Robinson came down with an illness in training camp last year and was not able to play football for ANY team, so your point is rather moot. Considering his organs almost completely shut down and he lost 30lbs, playing a position that is not highly sought after (FB), the timing of his cut had little to do with his not joining a team early on in the season. Considering we later brought him back makes this even less of a point.

Are you talking about Clemons for the 3rd one? I guess I can see what you're saying, but he was a 32 y/o on year 3 of his 3 year extension and would have counted for $9.5m against the cap... pretty much everyone saw that cut coming. Not sure any team would have kept him at that price. Jags signed him for a much more reasonable 4 year/ $17.5 mil.

I mean, I get your point that all teams make business decisions, but your specific choices were all logical moves and not really out of line.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JZ#1":2sf6765d said:
Don't bother with Sports Hernia. He is borderline stocker who can't have an intelligent football conversation without trolling anyone who disagrees with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has your post history printed up on his wall.

Nah, you see we pretty much know Popeye. He comes as the Niner fan he is. He likely was a little torqued because there was a lot of weighted conversation after the NFCCG. Nobody was stalking him and he will always be welcome.

You on the other hand? Stalking should be the least of your concerns.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Average Salary, 2014

1 Jason Witten
Tight End
$7,400,000

2 Vernon Davis
Tight End
$7,350,000

3 Antonio Gates
Tight End
$7,235,000