Vernon Davis not participating in OTAs

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ that was in response to Smelly on the topic of Clemons' deal and the claimed uniqueness of the Hawks in resigning or extending players they value. He took the last word and it used it for a potshot. No biggie.

You're quoting a response to Marvin on the entirely different topic of if Goldson and Whither are overrated and how easily replaceable they are.

Your post is just mediocre trolling. You'll be more effective if you stop trying so hard. ;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":a184n5yi said:
^^^ that was in response to Smelly on the topic of Clemons' deal and the claimed uniqueness of the Hawks in resigning or extending players they value. He took the last word and it used it for a potshot. No biggie.

You're quoting a response to Marvin on the entirely different topic of if Goldson and Whither are overrated and how easily replaceable they are.

Your post is just mediocre trolling. You'll be more effective if you stop trying so hard. ;)
And take his advice.... He is a pro at it ^^^ ;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1qkop6ha said:
Just a side note about the safeties in the NFC West....

...have you guys noticed that it seems EVERY team in that division is kinda emulating the Seahawks at that position?

I have noticed it some. I think that the Niners certainly were at least trying to do that before it became popular. I mean just think about a wicked secondary to enhance that elite LBing crew. Not just the safeties either, look at what NE did. They went after Revis and paired him up with Browner (who I think will likely just bring the moxi to educate younger guys) that was blatant movement.

But Reid is a nicely sized DB that had a great year as a rookie, I consider Bethea to at a minimum be as good as Whitner and likely better.

Saints going after Byrd, giving their young guy a partner and seeing some DB action in the Draft.

Yeah, I think it is safe to say there is a little more focus on the secondary. Kamtrack is unique, but his play can be emulated by a well built safety. ET should be able to be cloned at a physical level, but the attitude has to come with it. That unit is flat out nasty when you look at it. Totally legit

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2u9dkbx7 said:
Marvin49":2u9dkbx7 said:
Just a side note about the safeties in the NFC West....

...have you guys noticed that it seems EVERY team in that division is kinda emulating the Seahawks at that position?

I have noticed it some. I think that the Niners certainly were at least trying to do that before it became popular. I mean just think about a wicked secondary to enhance that elite LBing crew. Not just the safeties either, look at what NE did. They went after Revis and paired him up with Browner (who I think will likely just bring the moxi to educate younger guys) that was blatant movement.

But Reid is a nicely sized DB that had a great year as a rookie, I consider Bethea to at a minimum be as good as Whitner and likely better.

Saints going after Byrd, giving their young guy a partner and seeing some DB action in the Draft.

Yeah, I think it is safe to say there is a little more focus on the secondary. Kamtrack is unique, but his play can be emulated by a well built safety. ET should be able to be cloned at a physical level, but the attitude has to come with it. That unit is flat out nasty when you look at it. Totally legit

Earl gives you the ability to do so much with the other safety because he can cover so much ground, makes good decisions and because he's a playmaker. That's what the rest of the division is looking for in a FS (Ward, Mathieu, Joyner). You need that thumper SS because of the running games in the division but still have a playmaker back there that can guard against play action.

We'll see how well it works. Mathieu looks pretty good so far in that role if he can come back healthy. The other 2 are unknowns so far but were playmakers on the college level.