UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2f7c2i09 said:
w00t":2f7c2i09 said:
i heard the niners were interested in Harvin. I wonder if we tried to give our 2nd round pick for him but the niners countered with the 2nd round pick they got from alex smith trade (which is an early 2nd rd pick). Then we threw our 1st rounder in there. hmm

That would make sense. There's no doubt that the Niners (or whomever) drove the price up.

BTW, per Pro Football Talk, the contract is essentially set:

"Despite a report that Harvin wants to be paid in the range of Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald and Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, both of those players are in the range of $16 million. Per the source, Harvin’s deal won’t be close.

In reality, Harvin’s deal will be more in line with the current one-up high-jump that began last year with Bucs receiver Vincent Jackson with five years, $55.5 million, and which was extended by Chiefs wideout Dwayne Bowe and his five-year, $56 million deal."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/harvin-contract-in-place-deal-hinges-on-physical/

I hope it is a 6 year deal, pay along the same 11-12 per but for 6 years

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I bet Bevell and Rice got HUGE smiles on now. Hawks fans who think this team had swagger are gonna be in for a real surprise.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm encouraged by PFT's source that says his deal will be in line with that second tier of WRs. Hope they are legit.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1x6ahohj said:
SeaStar49":1x6ahohj said:
Ruminator":1x6ahohj said:
Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy who? Within 20 mins.

Niners!!! 4 Life! 2014 Division Champions... Already crownd.

This 49ers fans super bowl loss still rips at his heart, that being said lets state the obvious logical thing and we all should agree.

Boldin is a better WR and they got him for less. Oh well.

Percy Harvin is a risk and I thought we were done taking chances on maybe talent (see Irvin... even though he had a good year)

As a Gator Fan all Harvin was about was himself and we already have one of those guys in Sherman. If the team wants to win, someone is going to need to step up and put people in their place when shit hits the fan.

That being said good move but I'm not as ecstatic as I would have been if Boldin "sure hands" had arrived here.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I feel like it should also be stated Harvin has the most pure raw talent maybe in the NFL behind AP so theres that but eh... I feel like this is a 50/50 type of deal.

San Francisco was the ONE place I didn't want Boldin to go to.

Also Harvin had this:

Ponderp

Russell isn't that.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1pri64kk said:
I feel like it should also be stated Harvin has the most pure raw talent maybe in the NFL behind AP so theres that but eh... I feel like this is a 50/50 type of deal.

Boldin is repetitive for the niners. Why do you fear him?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
In the end I think this is a huge turning point for this franchise, we are now a destination team that players want to be at. 15 years ago NE was just like Seattle nobody wanted to go their unless it was for overmarket. They are now a reimer destination for older vets who are in thier last few years and want a shot at a championship. We are on the cusp and few budget signings on the DL and we are set. I wonder if we can still afford Dez Bryant, if not I'd still be happy with Abraham and Seymore.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NorCal":11gxt7q0 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":11gxt7q0 said:
SeaStar49":11gxt7q0 said:
Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy who? Within 20 mins.

42-13

Yes, we all know that was your Super Bowl.

At least our Super Bowl ended in a win, then.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
22 pages? who the hell has the patience to wade thru 22 pages?? Jeez.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":29bnsqlr said:
NFSeahawks628":29bnsqlr said:

I'm not sure what him being repetitive means, but he's an amazing slot receiver and he just won a super bowl, he's less of a headache and is probably more of a guaranteed talent than Harvin and he went to the 49ers, anyone the 49ers get that makes them better concerns me. That being said Harvin's talent level is ridiculously high, so good deal but...

I really feel like WR was a secondary need, we need more dominant pass rushers. Get it done Pete!

Happybelly

Reaction score
HawkFan72":nsm4rpmh said:
This 49ers fans super bowl loss still rips at his heart, that being said lets state the obvious logical thing and we all should agree.

Percy Harvin is a risk and I thought we were done taking chances on maybe talent (see Irvin... even though he had a good year)

As a Gator Fan all Harvin was about was himself and we already have one of those guys in Sherman. If the team wants to win, someone is going to need to step up and put people in their place when shit hits the fan.

That being said good move but I'm not as ecstatic as I would have been if Boldin "sure hands" had arrived here.

Wait, you think Boldin at this stage of his career is better than Percy Harvin? I'd like to hear your reasoning on that.

Besides disagreeing with you that Sherman is only about himself, I think team is in fine position leadership wise with Russell and the rest of the team. There weren't any major issues last year and I highly doubt one player is going to wreck the team in that regard.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":94yrld0a said:
NorCal":94yrld0a said:
theENGLISHseahawk":94yrld0a said:

42-13

Yes, we all know that was your Super Bowl.

At least our Super Bowl ended in a win, then.[/quote]
1544-owned.jpg

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":8umnmrh1 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":8umnmrh1 said:
NFSeahawks628":8umnmrh1 said:

I'm not sure what him being repetitive means, but he's an amazing slot receiver and he just won a super bowl, he's less of a headache and is probably more of a guaranteed talent than Harvin and he went to the 49ers, anyone the 49ers get that makes them better concerns me. That being said Harvin's talent level is ridiculously high, so good deal but...

I really feel like WR was a secondary need, we need more dominant pass rushers. Get it done Pete!

He is an older crabtree. Not only that, his strengths as a wide receiver line up perfectly with our cornerbacks strengths.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Happybelly":42c6jp9o said:
HawkFan72":42c6jp9o said:

Wait, you think Boldin at this stage of his career is better than Percy Harvin? I'd like to hear your reasoning on that.

Besides disagreeing with you that Sherman is only about himself, I think team is in fine position leadership wise with Russell and the rest of the team. There weren't any major issues last year and I highly doubt one player is going to wreck the team in that regard.

Yes I think he's better, for reasons stated above, sure hes older but so what. I think Harvin has the ability to be a great player if he wants to, but he's also got the ability to become a headache and a team cancer. I will agree though you're right if anyone is able to handle it, it's definitely Russell. I hope it all works out but I'll wait and see for things to play about before I deem this the best move we could have made.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'l go ahead and call this the best move we've ever made. The only reason harvin had problems is because he wants to win and he knows the vikings aren't winners, they're about christian ponder, harvin plays at another speed and another intensity both of which I don't think we've seen here, ever.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Yes, we all know that was your Super Bowl.[/quote]

At least our Super Bowl ended in a win, then.[/quote]
1544-owned.jpg
[/quote]

:sarcasm_on: we'll we has 5 goldan rings how manies do you has? :sarcasm_off:
Now that the obligatory whiners ace in the whole is out of the way we can get back to real conversation. Sorry you knew it was coming from one of them figured I'd get it out of the way. :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
When I see guys post "cautiously optimistic" I take that as ..... I want to say "I told you so" if it doesn't work....or ride the hype train when it does. Weak sauce.

LawlessHawk":1d68pi9h said:
My god, the wacks really come out of the wood work for these deals... I think I found about 52 new ones to "ignore" from this thread alone...

Could have saved yourself some time last season....they were the Flynnatics.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":olkzfi89 said:

We still have some work to do in that regard, definitely, but if Harvin is as productive here as he was in Minnesota, we just helped our pass rush. Statistically, we had a better defense in 2006 than we did in 2005. But the 2005 defense made more plays and forced more turnovers because opposing teams had to play from behind for nearly the entire season. If our offense with Harvin is as good as some believe it will be, the same thing will happen in 2013, and we will be able to be more aggressive rushing the passer because teams will have to play from behind against us.

The best defense may not be a good offense, but an explosive offense makes a good defense better.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I was pro trading for harvin back when there was just speculation, but I was also very pro 6'2+WR in the draft. I could still see both but I think we are going to add TE who can catch to this offense. I'd love to get Jordan Reed or Gavin Escobar in the 2nd or 3rd and wow would our offense be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.