UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikesfan

Reaction score
sturg78":26fdetsa said:
vikesfan":26fdetsa said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000078013/Harvin-10-yard-TD-catch

This is what you are getting...
LBs, Safeties.. Cbs... cannot tackle him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... yard-catch

When they start cheating up to stop the shallow... he goes deep.

So... http://www.realclearsports.com/vide...e_flips_across_goal_line_for_go-ahead_td.html

and... http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000065697/Wilson-to-Tate-41-yard-touchdown

You show me
1. A play he got popped an d fumbled into the endzone. I showed you a play where your new WR trucked a LB to get into the endzone.
2. You showed me a play where everyone bit on PA and he caught an easy touchdown. Tate is talanted. Harvin is a TALENT.
When GT is being called a MVP with a QB like Ponder at QB...call me.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
DohBoy":j5boo488 said:
SeaStar49":j5boo488 said:
SNDavidson":j5boo488 said:
^^^ says the raiders fan

Typical... Seattle fan can't read...

2PM: Junior hears about this in shop class.

2:45PM: Junior twisting his Bieber bangs in sweet, sweet anticipation of trolling 'Hawks.net.

3:00PM: Short bus picks up Junior.

3:30PM: Short bus delivers Junior.

3:45PM: Junior forgoes 4Chan "friendship club" to troll on 'Hawks.net.

5:00PM: Mom makes Kraft Mac & Cheese, celery sticks w/peanut butter and a Fred Flintstone vitamin.

5:01PM: Junior berates Mom for forgetting the Sunny D'.

5:10PM: Junior back on 'Hawks.net, delivering troll posts #3, 4 and 5.

8:00PM: Junior in footed PJ's, curling up to his Pillow Pet, feeling warm inside for "showing those guys" what is what.

8:01PM: Junior sprouts first pube.

Good night, Troll. Sleep tight, Troll. Eat scat, Troll.

DohBoy
Bwahhahahahajajagajagajan
WIN!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
vikesfan":30rv3y0a said:

Ha, Tate will never have to have a qb like ponder throw to him, because to receiver in their right minds would sign for a team with Ponder as their qb.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SeaStar49":2vlr5cqe said:
Too you it would be because you don't know football. Did you even watch my Niners in the Super Bowl? Boldin embarrassed my team. That man is a beast. How many games has Harvin missed during his career? What about his health?

Seattle fans at flat out delusional.

Boldin embarrassed your team because your defensive backs rely on great pressure from your DEs, which results from Justin Smith eating double-teams every down. When he's out or in but not fully healthy, your DBs are mediocre. This is the situation with most teams. The Seahawks are a rare, and possibly the ONLY, exception to this. Our pass rush was bad most of the year, but our DBs still ball.

I'd say you're the one that doesn't know football, junior.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
SeaStar49":27qrcutc said:
twisted_steel2":27qrcutc said:
SeaStar49":27qrcutc said:
Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player

Hilarious. :lol:

Too you it would be because you don't know football. Did you even watch my Niners in the Super Bowl? Boldin embarrassed my team. That man is a beast. How many games has Harvin missed during his career? What about his health?

Seattle fans at flat out delusional.

Have you SEEN your secondary? Baltimore could have started a powderpuff girl and she would have embarrassed your team!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2w006q5n said:
SeaStar49":2w006q5n said:
Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy Within 20 mins.

Niners!!! 4 Life! 2014 Division Champions... Already crownd.

Probably more likely that the 49ers were pursuiing the trade for harvin as well, as soon as it didnt work out they went to their back up plan. Imo, thats why the moves came so close together.
This.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic but feel we spent too much and that he is not worth Calvin or Fitzgerald money, not even close to it.

His production isn't all that great either, 24 TDs rushing and receiving in 4 years equals 6 TDs a year on average. 3302 yards receiving in 4 years which is a respectable 825 yards per year. 683 yards rushing over 4 years. Of course this doesn't include his kick returns. But still, not that great of numbers.

Then there is the injury history. He's built pretty solid but takes some big hits. But his injury troubles started in college where he had "Missed time in 2008 with ankle, hip pointer and tendonitis in his knee and heel." Add to that the migraines, a recurring ankle injury and it starts to worry me.

#25 overall could have gotten us someone like DeAndre Hopkins, Kawaan Short or Margus Hunt. And what if someone Jarvis Jones slips to #25? We will be kicking ourselves then.

I don't like the trade. If it had just been the 1st rounder and a decent contract, okay. But if we give him big money on a contract, I'm going to be really depressed.

The first thing I thought of when I heard this was Charlie Whitehurst. I just don't see where Percy Harvin is worth that kind of draft compensation and money when we desperately need help on the defense.

With a good defensive end last year, we would have beat Atlanta. With Percy, who knows. He might not have been healthy enough to play.

Too much to give up imho.

themunn

Reaction score
vikesfan":1h9y3g0g said:
sturg78":1h9y3g0g said:
vikesfan":1h9y3g0g said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000078013/Harvin-10-yard-TD-catch

This is what you are getting...
LBs, Safeties.. Cbs... cannot tackle him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... yard-catch

When they start cheating up to stop the shallow... he goes deep.

So... http://www.realclearsports.com/vide...e_flips_across_goal_line_for_go-ahead_td.html

and... http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000065697/Wilson-to-Tate-41-yard-touchdown

You show me
1. A play he got popped an d fumbled into the endzone. I showed you a play where your new WR trucked a LB to get into the endzone.
2. You showed me a play where everyone bit on PA and he caught an easy touchdown. Tate is talanted. Harvin is a TALENT.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... -yard-gain
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201212020 ... &tab=recap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-68j_umST6Q

oh and since you mentioned "trucking a linebacker"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDPkdtassDI

mikeak

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Look guys Boldin had 4 td passes in the regular season by the qb who is currently paid most in the whole league so clearly he is a major upgrade over Moss....

Don't tell the 49er fans but the future of the NFL is 30+ year old WR's. If they find out about this they are going to resign Moss to a 5 year deal and sign TO so keep this quiet :sarcasm_off:

Look Boldin next year is a good WR. There is no doubt about it. He will replace what you had with Moss at the end of the year and maybe just a tad more. That is it

Look at our team - Percy Harvin is a game changer. This is what many of us wanted and hoped for. Now we get a pass rusher and this will be fun........

vikesfan

Reaction score

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SeaStar49":3e2u03nb said:
Lol.. As a Die Hard 49er fan I can flat out tell you Jim is not worried at all about Seattle or Pete The Cheat Carroll. Love how you guys go out and overspend for overrated talent and we Niners spend far less( 6th round pick) and got a much better player and deal.
Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy who? Within 20 mins.

42-13

The Outfield

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":op6isn3q said:
SeaStar49":op6isn3q said:
Will Harvin even play a full season? Or will be become a diva? Or will his headaches comeback in the loudest stadium in sports? Will his ankle hold up? Way to many questions... Too many question...We both have squads and this is gonna be a bloodbath next season.. I just think SF took all your heat with one move. It went from Seattle made a trade too Percy who? Within 20 mins.

42-13

NorCal

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":8qzxlya1 said:
SeaStar49":8qzxlya1 said:

42-13

Yes, we all know that was your Super Bowl.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
NorCal":2jzvlhgq said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2jzvlhgq said:
SeaStar49":2jzvlhgq said:

42-13

....so get used to it, what you saw was a preview . :)

flmmkrz

Reaction score
NorCal":306dtpvs said:
theENGLISHseahawk":306dtpvs said:
SeaStar49":306dtpvs said:

42-13

how did your superbowl go?

gifted a trip to the big show and you blew it...now you gotta face a better version of the team that schooled you to your worst defeat last year...I'd be a little pissy too :)

General Manager

Reaction score
SF was getting there asses handed to them before the Mysterious blackout and you LOST THE GAME.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
49er fans are sooooooo insecure. Why are you even here? Don't you got your own things to discuss?

themunn

Reaction score
vikesfan":lurzqgfx said:
themunn":lurzqgfx said:

You do realize people consider Tate Harvin LITE right?
Again... Tate is good....Harvin is spectacular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBC2tvLqmA0
You can't keep up. Trust me.
Think about it..... your GM and coaches see GT every day and still felt the difference between the two were worth of a 1st rounder and a huge contract. What does that say...cut it out :17:

now that's just not fair, return TDs aren't fair
how can you expect Golden Tate to go and score them when our current return man is one of the greatest of all time (and all-time return TD leader)?

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... f6ee804e3a

When your team doesn't have any other receiving weapons it's not a surprise there's more highlights of Harvin. This was only Tate's first season as a starter, so it's not really a surprise that there's not as many highlights.

And it's called adding extra weapons. Tate will still be a starter next year, no doubt. After all, he had more yards per target than any other player that played the entire season, 2nd only behind Danario Alexander (who played just 10 games, starting 6). Harvin is a utility player - players that can play 2 or 3 positions are what Pete Carroll goes home, locks the door, pulls the curtains closed, puts his headphones on and watches at night for cheap thrills

Also, calling him "Harvin Lite" means nothing, only that Harvin was around first and they're similar players.
They used to call Patrick Willis "mini Ray Lewis".

Status
Not open for further replies.