Update on sherman

MTS

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1u98kxmv said:
Davehawk":1u98kxmv said:
I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

Just my two cents.

Where do you want the change sent?

I don't know what you think....but this isn't very clever....

:th2thumbs:

morgulon1

Reaction score
MTS":1iuvwzdn said:
First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?

And you know this for a fact? With out a doubt? So you were there? Your post is a disgrace to Seahawks.net

Davehawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":7x5hhmzj said:
Davehawk":7x5hhmzj said:
I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

Just my two cents.

Where do you want the change sent?

?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MTS":3arvso5l said:

The whole wrong water bottle thing was a rumor that was false, and Sherman said he had no clue where it came from. Get over your propped-up moral high ground with incorrect facts.

JKent82

Reaction score
The cup thing is maybe reasonable if they did indeed use another cup.

I mean Browner and Winston got hit too, but then why did Browner appeal...

I just hope he get's cleared so other fans can't call him a cheater.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Im in the military and we do urinalysis all the time. If it works anyway like the military, there should have been a witness, if the witness testifies what sherm is saying is true...he will get off without punishment.

MTS

Reaction score
olyfan63":1oruyt5q said:
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?

So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

If this is what you believe, don't have children.

And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

Get real.

sc85sis

Reaction score
MTS":1m6pwig6 said:
BocciHawk":1m6pwig6 said:
Hair test would be meaningless for any amphetamine.

Honestly the more I hear about all this the more I think the NFL has a lame testing system. Cycling takes multiple samples, and keeps the others on ice until appeals are resolved. The simple fact they don't have a second sample to go to is just mind boggling. It's also very questionable that the sample was placed in another vessel, as no hands or anything should come in contact with the fluid... if a guy took the sample, was handling it, getting urine on his hands, then the sweat and anything else from his hands is getting into the sample, too, even while he's putting the sample in another cup. It's tainted, pure and simple.

I've stated before and again that a good outcome from this would be that Sherman gets off, and the NFL restructures and improves their testing to bring it in line with other world class sports...

Sherman should have complained about the faulty testing and took the sample again on the spot....

Or would he have no excuse for later then?
We have no way of knowing whether he complained on the spot or not.

MTS

Reaction score
morgulon1":6vm9zipa said:
MTS":6vm9zipa said:

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?

And you know this for a fact? With out a doubt? So you were there? Your post is a disgrace to Seahawks.net

U mad bro? :th2thumbs:

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
MTS":1z4szy9r said:
olyfan63":1z4szy9r said:

So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

Get real.
Hahahaha MTS go away!

olyfan63

Reaction score
MTS":3p98fzx9 said:

Get real.

This guy MTS is a moron troll. I recommend everyone put him on their ignore list and stop responding to anything he posts. Go away, fool.

To ignore that fool: Click on his "Profile" link at the bottom of his post. This brings up the "Viewing Profile" page for him. Under the poster's photo, there is a link, "Add foe". Click it, answer the "do you really want to do this" question, and you won't see his posts any more. Ahh, much better. :) Don't feed the troll!

MTS

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":3tlivaml said:
MTS":3tlivaml said:
olyfan63":3tlivaml said:

Get real.
Hahahaha MTS go away!

NO! :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :3-1: :17: :thirishdrinkers:

SilNWest

Reaction score
MTS":3n42tzzt said:
olyfan63":3n42tzzt said:

Get real.

... You sir, are an idiot.

I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)

MTS

Reaction score
SilNWest":2mrmszbi said:

I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)

HE'S BEEN PROVEN GUILTY, NOW HE HAS TO FIND A WAY OUT OF IT, good thing Ryan Braun set the example for him already.

Dude, when you get a job (which I am sure you don't have) and you have to be drug tested...they don't say "well, sir (or ma'am), it looks like you test positive for marijuana, you are clearly innocent and didn't do anything wrong because of a random excuse you just told us".

You sir, are a moron. Its funny that everyone is jumping on me for claiming facts (he tested positive, someway, somehow), but you are supporting his very irrational excuse (that, by the way, HASNT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANYONE) and telling me Im an idiot.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
olyfan63":pvksyfo0 said:
This guy MTS is a moron troll. I recommend everyone put him on their ignore list and stop responding to anything he posts. Go away, fool.

To ignore that fool: Click on his "Profile" link at the bottom of his post. This brings up the "Viewing Profile" page for him. Under the poster's photo, there is a link, "Add foe". Click it, answer the "do you really want to do this" question, and you won't see his posts any more. Ahh, much better. :) Don't feed the troll!

Ahh, much better indeed. Thanks! Now the Chiefs fan can go back to rooting for that stellar organization... or not... but I won't waste another second on that nonsense either way.

SilNWest

Reaction score
MTS":37u462m1 said:
SilNWest":37u462m1 said:

HE'S BEEN PROVEN GUILTY, NOW HE HAS TO FIND A WAY OUT OF IT, good thing Ryan Braun set the example for him already.

Dude, when you get a job (which I am sure you don't have) and you have to be drug tested...they don't say "well, sir (or ma'am), it looks like you test positive for marijuana, you are clearly innocent and didn't do anything wrong because of a random excuse you just told us".

You sir, are a moron. Its funny that everyone is jumping on me for claiming facts (he tested positive, someway, somehow), but you are supporting his very irrational excuse (that, by the way, HASNT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANYONE) and telling me Im an idiot.

Actually in my opinion he is guilty, but thank god that opinion doesn't matter. The drug test doesn't offer him any way to defend himself, and I have known someone who tested positive for a drug test before who doesn't take drugs. Therefore, even though I believe Sherman guilty in the back of my mind, I am reserving final judgement until I hear all of the facts. That was the point I was trying to make, not that Sherman is innocent, but that you should reserve judgement until all the facts are out.

You're not an idiot for thinking he is guilty, you are an idiot for reading into any statement that revolves around taking in all the facts as something that only conspiracy theorists, or homers would do. That is an AMERICAN thing to do... idiot.

MTS

Reaction score
But this is not a jury. He is not on a legal trial for a crime. The point is, he tested positive for a banned substance. Any other job in the world, you would be fired or immediately reprimanded. The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't exist here. He tested positive, period.

Next, he has made up an excuse or whatever you would like to deem it, in order to get out of it. A claim, which to this point, has not been proven, verified, or accepted. And even if it is, it doesn't prove that he did not cheat.

Enjoy Auburn.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
MTS":3llawnhe said:

Play the game. It is the system that has been constructed. If you're good at the game, beat the system.