Richard Sherman fined $9,115 for hit on Bills kicker

rcaido

Reaction score
Can Sherman appeal this? Carpenter faked the injury, ref forgot to blow the whistle, Sherman touch the ball first, & Blindino made an ass out of himself & now trying to cover it.

Msfann

Reaction score
Fine the ref's for not blowing the whistle in time, not Sherman. such bs.

Seahawk

Reaction score
What am I missing in the replay that the nfl thinks this is worthy of a fine? Dumbfounded here.

Polaris

Reaction score
rcaido":3i4jk5kq said:
Can Sherman appeal this? Carpenter faked the injury, ref forgot to blow the whistle, Sherman touch the ball first, & Blindino made an ass out of himself & now trying to cover it.

If Sherman can appeal, he definitely should. Not only that but on the John Clayton show, "Baghdad Bob" himself (who is notoriously anti-Seahawk) not only said that Sherman got it right, but offered to represent Sherman on the appeal and felt he could win it.

I would love to be a fly in the wall on that meeting (Blandino being grilled by his ex-boss).

blue 22

Reaction score
Really starting to care less and less about the NFL.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The NFL trying to cover up it's stink by placating the masses and fining Richard Sherman.

"Let's blame Richard!" :lol:

THIS kind of shoddy lack of integrity is why the NFL is losing viewers, not because they are watching on "other venues." Have you ever tried to watch an NFL game on a tablet? "Was that field goal good?" "Whose got the ball? All I can tell is it's a guy in a dark uniform." Then there's the buffering, picture fragmentation, and loss of connection.

I'd much rather watch it on a Flat Screen that I can buy, cheaper than a tablet. A 60" Vizio can be had for ~$600, and that's new. Not to mention using my own bathroom and kitchen. And being able to scream at the TV.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Polaris":t8vxneho said:
rcaido":t8vxneho said:

If Sherman can appeal, he definitely should. Not only that but on the John Clayton show, "Baghdad Bob" himself (who is notoriously anti-Seahawk) not only said that Sherman got it right, but offered to represent Sherman on the appeal and felt he could win it.

I would love to be a fly in the wall on that meeting (Blandino being grilled by his ex-boss).

Every fine can be appealed. Mike Pereiera was on with Clayton this week and even offered to travel with Sherman to appeal his case to the commissioner's office if he were to be fined, because he feels he could make a very strong case for him.

He basically reiterated what we all have read or seen and that is that Sherman was playing through til the whistle and that he was going for the ball and that he has every right to do that. He added that the NFL can't expect a player to just stop playing, and in a case like this, where it happens so fast, it's unrealistic to expect the whistle to be blown any faster than it was.

Obviously I paraphrased, but that is the basic gist of what he said. I don't see any reason for there to be a fine for the action, and he should appeal and the fine should be overturned.

253hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3fw8xw0q said:
THIS kind of shoddy lack of integrity is why the NFL is losing viewers, not because they are watching on "other venues." Have you ever tried to watch an NFL game on a tablet? "Was that field goal good?" "Whose got the ball? All I can tell is it's a guy in a dark uniform." Then there's the buffering, picture fragmentation, and loss of connection.

I'd much rather watch it on a Flat Screen that I can buy, cheaper than a tablet. A 60" Vizio can be had for ~$600, and that's new. Not to mention using my own bathroom and kitchen. And being able to scream at the TV.

The international version of Gamepass is solid. Never had so much as a blip on it, HD quality, and I stream it to my 50" plasma over my Roku box. Any game I want live, even regular season and playoffs. Condensed versions and All-22 go up a few hours later. I can watch anywhere at any time on my phone or laptop if need be. But the US version is a ripoff because only the preseason games are live.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/796818264215068672[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/796817692602736640[/tweet]

So once again the allegations of NFL New York and its position is beyond reproach.
Fortunately, many of us know that Richard has been saddled, for some time, with the role of villain for the self serving benefit of the NFL New York Show. It's television ..... not to be confused with real events.

253hawk

Reaction score
It's funny how he can appeal and get out of a false-positive urine test that happened behind closed doors, but can't appeal something that happened in front of hundreds of thousands of people live and had dozens of different camera angles recording it in high-definition and slow motion.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It seems like this is a fine to appease the crowd. Since people all over think Sherm wronged the world he must pay (regardless of the truth). It says he wont appeal and he is unable to according to the article. Instead of the NFL coming out and explaining why he didn't do anything wrong they do this.
IMHO the hit was not that bad. Everyone makes it out like he blew him up. Kickers are off balance when kicking so any bump will put them on the ground. Does not mean he got blasted. Plus his bad acting made it look worse as well. Jeez. Shem cant catch a break.

Cartire

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seaha ... -Carpenter

IF you guys havent watched this you should. Dean basically just lies through his teeth, "The official was trying to stop the play" when right before, the host acknowledges that the whistle came after the hit. But the host didnt bother questioning him on it.

Would had been simple, "Ok, can you show me on the all-22 where the official was when he was trying to stop the play? Because I just said there was no whistle"

TorontoHawk

Reaction score

HawkGA

Reaction score
A little disappointed Sherm isn't appealing. I can see his point in the hopelessness though.