Richard Sherman fined $9,115 for hit on Bills kicker

ivotuk

Reaction score
I wonder if there's an avenue for Breach of Contract or some other way, because this is not following the intent of the CBA?

I know the CBA is completely different now, but the Williams of the Vikings took their case to court. Tom Brady took his to court....

Hawkspur

Reaction score
253hawk":3lkubzl4 said:
Crusty old white men are ruining this sport.

They sure seem to be trying to. Endless soft and/or incorrect flags, as well as the commercial break overkill are hard work. Throw in terrible announcers trying to stir up narratives and it's even worse.

Guys like John Clayton always contend that Goodell is doing a good job due to the profits coming in. I'm not convinced at all though that this is as good as the product could be.

HawkGA

Reaction score
They are probably trying to bank some money now in anticipation of reduced ad revenue in the future.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
As has been posted already in response to Sherm's action, there are several who feel that the decline in the NFL is inevitable if this fining response continues.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2tozvml8 said:
253hawk":2tozvml8 said:

They sure seem to be trying to. Endless soft and/or incorrect flags, as well as the commercial break overkill are hard work. Throw in terrible announcers trying to stir up narratives and it's even worse.

Guys like John Clayton always contend that Goodell is doing a good job due to the profits coming in. I'm not convinced at all though that this is as good as the product could be.

I would argue that they're making money despite themselves. Fantasy has propelled the popularity of the NFL beyond simple fandom the last few years, but they are certainly making it harder to watch and harder to care for the casual fan. It could bite them in the ass eventually; we'll see.

McG

Reaction score
blue 22":3mmt7bfe said:
Really starting to care less and less about the NFL.

This is the truest comment I've ever read on here. Every week/game the pussy police are out in full force and the lack of any type of consistency game in, game out from the ref/league is laughable.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
The Bills game was a fun game from beginning to end. One of, if not THE best prime time game all year. You'd think that in a season where everyone is lamenting the crap prime time games, that the networks would try to hype it up a little and celebrate the likes of Wilson, Taylor, McCoy, Graham, a highscoring game that came down to the final play but no, let's dwell on a couple of controversial calls and turn the narrative of the game into a negative. Retarded.

nepahawk

Reaction score
I think Sherm is picking his battles.
Imo, he knows he could appeal and probably win. But, to what extent, he probably fears retribution from NFL in the form of tighter calls against him etc...
To him, the small fine is worth not rocking the boat, this time and live to fight another day.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
It was my understanding that Sherm actually touched the ball. He posted a picture of it. It looks like he touched the ball. The NFL has no integrity.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Why only Sherman? Why not every lineman that continued to play after the whistle?" How about the refs that didn't run in to stop the play?

Msfann

Reaction score
What annoys me about this is him accepting the fine like this makes all of his defenders look like idiots, like were all wrong. Next time something like this goes down I'll probably keep my mouth shut.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Msfann":3sz6bxmu said:
What annoys me about this is him accepting the fine like this makes all of his defenders look like idiots, like were all wrong. Next time something like this goes down I'll probably keep my mouth shut.
I disagree. This whole situation makes the NFL look like idiots, which they are.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":148w6qhn said:
It seems like this is a fine to appease the crowd. Since people all over think Sherm wronged the world he must pay (regardless of the truth). It says he wont appeal and he is unable to according to the article. Instead of the NFL coming out and explaining why he didn't do anything wrong they do this.
IMHO the hit was not that bad. Everyone makes it out like he blew him up. Kickers are off balance when kicking so any bump will put them on the ground. Does not mean he got blasted. Plus his bad acting made it look worse as well. Jeez. Shem cant catch a break.

If my memory serves me correctly, He dove in front of the kicker to go for the ball and got kicked by the damn kicker! He didn't hit him! What total BS.

olyfan63

Reaction score
253hawk":1s9uzfe5 said:

Please take racist commentary to the Shack.