Two years ago today...

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
The beast was unleashed

Anyone have any good stories about what may have happened during/before/after the greatest play in Seahawks history?

Subzero717

Reaction score
I drank until the wee hours of the morning and eventually came to after falling out of the shower at some hour in the am.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I did the same thing everybody else did: stood and/or jumped with Seahawks fans and non Seahawks fans alike, screaming like little children as we observed Man's Greatest Achievement.

grizbob

Reaction score
Please, please, please, all I want is a 1st down, what the f...!! are you kidding me?? oh my god!!! or something like that :mrgreen:

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I was trading phone calls with my brother while watching the game. He called me right after the play, but I was about 15 seconds behind on my DVR. Just as I picked up the phone and said hey, the beast broke free and I dropped the phone, and had an impromptu dog pile on the floor with my 3 girls (11, 9 and 7 yrs.) with all of us screaming and laughing. A moment none of us will ever forget. We just watched it on replay this weekend and the goosebumps are still there.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was home alone with my infant son. He was in his high chair eating. I was watching the game.

The play happened and I was jumping all over the living room yelling and cheering.

My son cried because I scared him.

I'll always remember it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
We created a mini-earthquake in Maryland.

BEEF MOE!

[youtube]jBHk9rc4hHc[/youtube]

And here's the NFL Films breakdown of it. The Colts' Matthis (at the 4:54 mark) has by far the best reaction to it I've ever seen.

[youtube]n90g-LRqggU[/youtube]

Riley12

Reaction score
My story: I was in my seat (well, standing) and noticed the clock tick down to 4:20.

I smirked and waited for the play to begin. I thought Lynch was wrapped up and might get a few yards, so my stomach was retying
itself into a knot. Then the rest happened, right in front of my section, on my sideline. Unbelievable.

The crowd went nuts and not for the first time in the history of the stadium we all were bound together in one huge hug.
Massive high-fiving ensued. The place was euphoric.

We kept laughing and cheering, especially when they showed the replay again and again and you actually started
to absorb all of the nuances of the run - that massive stiff arm, Hasselbeck leading the way, the 'deez nuts' celebration.

Perfect.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well I sat in awe as Beastmode was running down field, than laughed when he stiff-armed Tracy Porter and than started to cry as I realized what our hawks had just done!

Bipolar

Reaction score
I was watching the game at home with my wife.

I was thinking to myself that beastmode really needs to step up and get us the first down. I was so nervous I was gonna puke.
handoff... I scream beastmode!!!111oneone as he is breaking through the yellow line and completely went insane, jumping up and down when he stiff-armed the Saints dude.

needless to say, the snacks went flying into the air as I was screaming from the top of my lungs upon TD...

Steve2222

Reaction score
I was at the game with a vantage point of him running right at me. The crowd was absolutely insane. Nobody would shut up for the rest of the game. So electric.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I was at a bar in Anchorage watching the Game, Waiting for the 2nd Eng and 3rd Mate to get off of watch so we could go to the Bush Company, and that happened as we took our first shots of Fireball and Beastmode Activation appened.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
He was possessed that run. Defenders just sliding off of him.

Amazing. I was home watching screaming and woke up the kids, the wife ran into the room thinking something was wrong. I replayed it over and over.

Beastmode!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've never went more nuts than I did on that play. The run was towards my end zone, so I had a great view of it (we're 319, row A). I lifted a dude over my shoulders, have no idea who he was :)
I just was screaming holy .... holy.... over and over again like everyone else. Incredible memory. Who Dat? We Dat!

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
BuffaloHawk":3bcsye1w said:
The beast was unleashed

Anyone have any good stories about what may have happened during/before/after the greatest play in Seahawks history?
As a Falcon fan I will always have a soft spot for the Seahawks for knocking the Saints out of the playoffs. Provided a lot of good quality comedic material.
[youtube]RivnFLmlmCI[/youtube]

Latest posts