two Irish Football fans sneaked into the Super Bowl

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Hilarious!
http://www.independent.ie/sport/lef...super-bowl-and-sit-in-50k-seats-30957675.html

'Our game-plan was to be super confident' - Irish pair blag their way into Super Bowl and sit in $50k seats
... and get a VIP trip home.

Two Irish fans of American Football fans showed what an ounce of pluck can achieve when they snuck into the Super Bowl and sat in seats worth $25,000 each.

Paul McEvoy, from Cahir in Tipperary, and Richard Whelan, from Dublin, couldn't afford tickets from touts around the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona so simply walked straight through the front door.

Sup2.jpg

"Between one layer of security and another we just walked in behind these 20 first aid workers, straight up to the front door and hid in behind them.

"Paul was looking at his phone, pretending to text me, as if we had just popped out to look at an email we got or something," he continued.

"We walked past another security guard that just wasn't paying attention.

"We could see the field then, the stadium and the atmosphere was insane."

The two young men walked quickly around the stadium, not looking back in case they were being followed.

"I remember looking at Paul's face, we just couldn't believe we got in," Richard said.

The pair ended up seat-hopping for the first part of the game, using people's seats as they went to stock up on hotdogs and nachos, before they had yet another run-in with good luck.

"We spoke to this guy and told him we had sneaked in. He told us the girls beside him were in the halftime show and so wouldn't be coming back to their seats after halftime.

"So we ended up in the fourth row, sitting beside a former Super Bowl champion Lawyer Milloy who gave us a play-by-play of the game.

"It was pretty cool to have the Super Bowl champion sharing all the details," he added.

After the game, the pair skipped the queues and hopped on a VIP bus which brought them back to the street of their hotel.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Milloy tweeted about it. Said they were "cool as heck"

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LawyerMilloy/status/562716431306211329[/tweet]

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
My brother lives in Yuma, AZ and wanted to try that because he used to sneak into the Kingdome back in the day.
I was like, good luck with that now with the security in place.
There is no proof in this story other than their word. For all we know they had tickets and just seat hopped.
I did the seat hop to FRONT row at an angels game, and it turned out I was sitting in the Autry family seats.
It was Gene Autry's birthday, so the family was up in the press box talking to Rex.
I asked the guy next to me for a stub since mine was a ticker master ticket. He game me his and told me whose seats they were. My ticket say "C Autry" "COMP as the price. I was able to take this photo and appeared on TV.
My aunt called my mom, "Is Brad in California? I see him on TV".

1152555-lg.jpg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They are my heroes.

Wish they saw the ending they deserved.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":27te3uis said:
Hasselbeck":27te3uis said:
They are my heroes.

Wish they saw the ending they deserved.

One of them was a patriots fan.

Yes I was just about to post this fact, but I wanted to get the title edited for clarity first. One is obviously wearing a patriots jersey

Hobzen

Reaction score
Wonder how much of a fine Goodell will give each of them.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3vrlm13e said:
My brother lives in Yuma, AZ and wanted to try that because he used to sneak into the Kingdome back in the day.
There is no proof in this story other than their word. For all we know they had tickets and just seat hopped.
I did the seat hop to FRONT row at an angels game, and it turned out I was sitting in the Autry family seats.
It was Gene Autry's birthday, so the family was up in the press box talking to Rex.
I asked the guy next to me for a stub since mine was a ticker master ticket. He game me his and told me whose seats they were. My ticket say "C Autry" "COMP as the price. I was able to take this photo and appeared on TV.

1152555-lg.jpg

Milloys tweet above seems to vouch for them pretty clearly.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":24tm9hrv said:
ZorntoLargent":24tm9hrv said:

1152555-lg.jpg

The only thing Milloy can vouch for is that they were seat hopping and ended up near him. Not saying they didn't sneak in, but ZorntoLargent's point still stands.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hobzen":oucb5fmd said:
Wonder how much of a fine Goodell will give each of them.

The one with the Seahawks jersey was fined $500,000 while the one in the Pats jersey was congratulated on a well earned victory and invited to Christmas dinner at Kraft's house.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Bitter":byo8ts7f said:
Mistashoesta":byo8ts7f said:
ZorntoLargent":byo8ts7f said:

1152555-lg.jpg

The only thing Milloy can vouch for is that they were seat hopping and ended up near him. Not saying they didn't sneak in, but ZorntoLargent's point still stands.
Yup, you could have the ticket to get in, then throw it away or put it on your pocket.
Did Milloy strip search them?

AgentDib

Reaction score
It could be true if they managed to get in a side entrance by posing as aid workers. I doubt this is true of a regular entrance which had a bunch of layers of security. Our tickets were scanned once but looked at several times.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
AgentDib":2nxz7p38 said:
It could be true if they managed to get in a side entrance by posing as aid workers. I doubt this is true of a regular entrance which had a bunch of layers of security. Our tickets were scanned once but looked at several times.

It would be a HUGE blunder if this is true. Security at a SB is huge.
Every person has to have SOME credentials to get in, that is wore around the neck on a lanyard.

I've been on the field at the CLINK twice. The lady looked at my credential tag for a solid 30 seconds to make sure it wasn't fake. I just don't see someone walking into that stadium without so much as a glance.
I remember seeing a piece on NFLN about FBI and security Sunday.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Glad they didn't spend money for tix to see that crap.