Toxic positivity and lack of leadership

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":9t663xnh said:
Tusc2000":9t663xnh said:
I generally prefer salmon or yellowtail sushi. Maybe eel if it's done right. And rolls. Gotta have good rolls. Dragon rolls are the best.

I dont know about you, but I love these sarcastic ass food responses. I really does shed light on the nonsense as far as this site goes. Ecspecially a post basing off of google definitions.
This isn't nonsense. It's been going on for years, leading to the slow decay of the Seattle Seahawks. The lack of inward reflection and refusal to take accountability on may fronts, this is including our QB. Carroll has lead us to some great highs, but that time has come and went. He arguably lost the team in 2017, and the years before there was internal friction he didn't deal with. Players eventually just tuned his message out. It's starting to happen again, the lack of accountability, and the rah rah message has gotten stale. I love what Carroll did for this team but it's time to move on.

This team is a rudderless ship sailing into the night.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1sg1lh5t said:
jamescasey1124":1sg1lh5t said:
Tusc2000":1sg1lh5t said:
I generally prefer salmon or yellowtail sushi. Maybe eel if it's done right. And rolls. Gotta have good rolls. Dragon rolls are the best.

I dont know about you, but I love these sarcastic ass food responses. I really does shed light on the nonsense as far as this site goes. Ecspecially a post basing off of google definitions.
This isn't nonsense. It's been going on for years, leading to the slow decay of the Seattle Seahawks. The lack of inward reflection and refusal to take accountability on may fronts, this is including our QB. Carroll has lead us to some great highs, but that time has come and went. He arguably lost the team in 2017, and the years before there was internal friction he didn't deal with. Players eventually just tuned his message out. It's starting to happen again, the lack of accountability, and the rah rah message has gotten stale. I love what Carroll did for this team but it's time to move on.

This team is a rudderless ship sailing into the night.

Only thing I agree on is our expectations are so high every season that yeah pete needs to take accountability and also be able to adapt. Not sure he needs to go. I'll just say it hasnt panned out very well over the last few years.

However, positively is hardly the problem. If you ever played sports you would know this. Having something to look forward to can make you work harder for what you want and simply avoid truths. Doesnt mean it's an absolute problem. I would say the difference before 2017 til now is the personal, then the coaching. We had some special players capable of carrying a game. Now we dont because.... we dont...and that's the difference. I thought with our roster this year and last we maybe be able to get back to it. But I've been proved wrong again. And yes russ can not do it on his own. But with a well rounded team he is the ******* man. He can literally go from 0 to 100. That is the only difference. Yet, with all going wrong people are pointing fingers and blaming whatever. It's not the answer. We just need to play better.

We should have beat green bay. Everyone feels that in their gut and instead of saying yeah this is what we need to work on...they are giving up or giving in and pointing fingers. That is never the solution.

WarHawks

Reaction score
We can see the opposite of this toxic positivity simply by looking at the Packers last night. Rogers was methodical, didn't force many throws, with one notable exception, and he converted 3rd downs over and over again, by using screens and quick out patterns. Nothing fancy, but it gave them a two to one time of possession advantage. Until Russ figures this out, he'll continue to flounder. Pete isn't making Russ play hero ball, but it is on Pete to make him stop if it isn't working. So really, they are both to blame for this continued poor play.

Elemas

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rfv1vcn said:
I think when teams lose fans grasp at straws as to why it's happening..........and this thread is an example of that.

This team has plenty of leadership. Brown, Wagner, Russell, Diggs, Lockett, Adams, and Pete.

Here are the top four reasons the Hawks are 3-6 this year

1. Lack of talent, especially on the D-line, DB and O-line
2. Injuries. Russell and Carson in particular
3. Lack of progressiveness in scheme and playcalling, because Pete refuses to change.
4. Poor drafting and player acquisition (can include this in #1, but it's specific to lack of picks and poor drafts coming home to roost)

100%.