Insight Into the Negativity on This Forum!!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The team is barely beating teams that they should destroy based on perceived talent. That is why there is justifiable negativity.
This has never really been how the NFL has worked, though. The best Seattle team of all time won by 11 on average. Only 4 teams in the NFL currently win by an average of more than 1 possession.

Easy wins should never be an expectation. They hardly happen unless you've got a generational team, and even then, they don't happen all of the time.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The 2013 team had several close wins against inferior teams. In fact it’s been a thing for ages.
And this is not out of the ordinary. People think it is, but it isn't. The 2013 team had an average margin of victory that is exactly typical of the best team in the NFL on any given year.

rigelian

Reaction score
We barely beat one of the worst teams in the league at home and they just traded away their best player. Our QB made one of the all time dumbest plays to end the first half. We won despite this, yay! We still have issues.
Is this the same team that took the Eagles down to the wire last week? I think calling the Commanders one of the worst teams in the league a step too far.

Joshkihei

Reaction score
Thought this was appropriate. We just won, and the comments seem 80% negative!!!

WHY OUR BRAINS FIXATE ON THE BAD

"Our brains have been hardwired through evolution to focus on the negative. Traced back to prehistoric days, primitive man had to be able to register threats to avoid danger and increase survival rates. Individuals who were more attuned to danger (negative stimuli) stayed alive longer and passed on their genes. Focusing on the bad developed as a way of our brains keeping us safe and it is still wired into our genetics today."

We are not experiencing Reality. More often than not, we are experiencing our belief systems :)
We are lucky to have won the game against a Washington team that isn’t very good it’s not looking at the negative it’s looking at what we could be doing with the great players we have and the bad plays being called and made by our coaching staff and Qb

Joshkihei

Reaction score
Not clear how you could look at the roster and think this is a top 10 team. Maybe the unrest is people realizing some of these lofty expectations made no sense.

Some might also be a certain % realizing that Geno's low football IQ puts a ceiling on this team. But then not having a good QB, puts a ceiling on almost any team.

This team is producing the results you would expect from a team that is slightly above .500. Which is what it is.

We are actually blowing expectations out of the water on our pass rush. Getting much more pressure than you would think.

It is weird we have so much talent and skill in the secondary and we aren't exactly shutting down the pass. That part is weird.

But we won a game at home when our QB was making enough mistakes to lose it, and in a game where their QB looked better than ours. Could be worse.
Definitely need improvements on the secondary’s effort tackling and making plays on the ball
Definitely need our QB iq to be raised which is weird because he wants to be paid more he should be winning more then getting paid
Definitely need our play calling and coaching staff to start to utilize a team that has an enormous amount of talent both offensively and defensively to there fullest abilities there has been a lot of plays that I scratch my head like
what are we doing that is a really bad call or
where is the effort tackling in the secondary who is coaching these guys or are they just showing up and getting paid

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The team is too talented to underperform consistently week after week to not recognize there is a problem.

The team and fanbase had(s) championship aspirations. Many on here had them as the #2 team in the NFC going into it.

And people want to know why it's not going that(is) way. That's where the discussion comes in.

I find it funny when people on here want to police the forum for wrong think.
No, Y'all have a right to Hate who the hell you want, it's just the incessant sniveling, coming in here and making sure that y'alls 'pissed-off' ain't losing the drama Queen points. LOLOL
I think it goes without saying, y'all hate Pete WE GET THAT, but it also goes without saying that a LOT of us here don't give a s#it.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
My experience here has been somewhat different than what is being described above.

I'll lay claim that better than 50% of the time when a person tries to share their own thoughts on the Hawks, it's positive or at least neutral. Where most of the negativity that I have seen comes into play, is from those that don't read the complete post, or just lack reading comprehension altogether, and their knee jerk reaction is to respond in attack mode.

Example Given, the responder above that said Bobo only has four catches so far. Is he dividing every receiver's catches by a factor of three, or is there something else bothering him? I dunno...?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
My experience here has been somewhat different than what is being described above.

I'll lay claim that better than 50% of the time when a person tries to share their own thoughts on the Hawks, it's positive or at least neutral. Where most of the negativity that I have seen comes into play, is from those that don't read the complete post, or just lack reading comprehension altogether, and their knee jerk reaction is to respond in attack mode.

Example Given, the responder above that said Bobo only has four catches so far. Is he dividing every player's catches by three?
We've had our disagreements, but I agree here. I think it's a symptom of society. We argue in a more polarized way than ever and have less room to allow nuance. I'm certainly guilty. We paint ourselves into corners and try to fit the world into our corner, whether it be active or subconscious.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I guess people don’t realize it’s just a game. A game that’s fun to watch, and laugh at those who get their panties in a bunch over it.

keasley45

Reaction score
Some of the negativity started the moment Pete was hired as coach. And success that we had was often perceived as having come to us despite Pete.

The fact that he's not the type of leader to ever take credit for anything, builds through positivity, and entrusts and empowers his coaches to grow and succeed allows the space for doubt to grow easily among those who were already dubious of the hire, and anyone on the fence, to consider he might be the problem.

People tend to want to make easy calculations in determining a thing AND to always want a clear 'good guy / bad guy' binary from which to choose. Taking the time to sort through the nuance of why a thing succeeds or fails... few people care to try. Basic psychology. Full of bias and preconception. Combine that with the age old - 'the grass is always greener' outlook...it'd basic human psychology

You see it in every walk of life, whether politics or sport.

But there's also the flip side of it where sometimes the nuanced examination of performance, irrespective of W or L, is perceived as negativity. It's when you hear things like - can't we be happy with the W ?? In this instance, examining how we can improve from one game to the next, even if it's right after the win, isn't being negative. It's just analysis with the intent of understanding how best we can win not just the last game, but every game.