TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

jmahon316

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2br85c3r said:
jmahon316":2br85c3r said:
This is starting to smell like a nothing-burger as far as Dunbar is concerned

Edit: If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

So if he’s found to be not guilty of this, those that called him out can’t cheer him on? If he gets a pic 6 in a major game, some aren’t allowed to cheer for him? This is the first I’ve posted about it. I basically thought it was a dumb thing if true and management needed to do whatever they needed to do to move on.

I consider those people that were so quick to want him gone from the team when they thought they knew the situation, but the situation they knew was false and then the player gets a "pick 6" in a major game, the "fan" that ultimately decides to cheer them on after all this is a "fair weather" fan. "I thought that this player was scum, but it turns out he wasn't, and he scored a pick 6, so yay!!!!" No dude.

TAB420

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2oomkkhw said:
More than a day after arrest warrants were issued for Giants cornerback Deandre Baker and Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar (pictured), both men remain at large.

They face felony charges arising from alleged involvement in an armed robbery. Via David Ovalle of the Miami Herald, Dunbar’s lawyer has professed his client’s innocence. [Editor’s note: They rarely if ever say, “Yep, he did it.”]

Lawyer Michael Grieco contends that he presented multiple affidavits to the prosecutor’s office, but that the authorities still expect Dunbar to turn himself in, or be arrested.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... t-large-2/

Cmon guys he's now on the lam. Let's just cut our losses here.

I'm glad you're not my lawyer, or coach for that matter. I'm not going to "cut my losses" until I'm actually sure it's a loss.

morgulon1

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3k03hlv6 said:
jmahon316":3k03hlv6 said:

Edit: If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

So if he’s found to be not guilty of this, those that called him out can’t cheer him on? If he gets a pic 6 in a major game, some aren’t allowed to cheer for him? This is the first I’ve posted about it. I basically thought it was a dumb thing if true and management needed to do whatever they needed to do to move on.

You can do whatever you like as you are just as much of a fan as anyone else.

TAB420

Reaction score
jmahon316":12dvzi04 said:
oldhawkfan":12dvzi04 said:
jmahon316":12dvzi04 said:

I consider those people that were so quick to want him gone from the team when they thought they knew the situation, but the situation they knew was false and then the player gets a "pick 6" in a major game, the "fan" that ultimately decides to cheer them on after all this is a "fair weather" fan. "I thought that this player was scum, but it turns out he wasn't, and he scored a pick 6, so yay!!!!" No dude.

So answer me this (honest question) if he's innocent, why hasn't he turned himself in? I mean, it still looks bad.

chris98251

Reaction score
morgulon1":pv22ed6v said:
Can anyone name an NFL player who was wrongly accused of a crime and were later exonerated?

The only player I can think of was that linebacker from California who went to prison for a rape he didnt commit. I think
he was in high school or college.

Ray Louis ?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jmahon316":31lug029 said:
Maelstrom787":31lug029 said:
jmahon316":31lug029 said:
Maelstrom787":31lug029 said:
How very virtuous of you. You must be very proud.

By the way, the warrant is still active and the police still have statements that run contrary to the statements Dunbar's lawyer has obtained. This wasn't some rumor that people rushed to judgment on - this was (edit: IS) an active warrant with several individuals stating definitively that Dunbar was robbing people, possibly with a gun.

If Dunbar is innocent, cool. I'm happy for him and happy for the team. But, give me a break - this is just wayyyyy over the top on the holier-than-thou scale.

It's not about being virtuous, honestly. It's about being so easy to pass judgement when you don't even know the details of the situation, but "oh wow, he wasn't guilty, thankfully he can help the team" after thinking "wow, what a dumb@ss piece of sh!t" without giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes that's all what people want, is to be held to a fair trial before getting dragged through the mud. SURELY THIS IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR.

Well, you're not asking anything. You're telling people that they're no longer allowed to root for a player if they reacted negatively to the reputably-sourced news about Dunbar, which (quite frankly) is a load of haughty gatekeeping crap.

Again, this was (and is) not a rumor. This isn't just random hearsay. This isn't gossip based on a game of "telephone." A "rush" to judgment is completely understandable when you have a warrant, plus several eyewitnesses, alleging Dunbar to be part of an armed robbery. Players are denigrated here constantly for far less serious actions, such as shoddy on-field play. It's a football message board.

If the situation evolves to the point where Dunbar is completely exonerated of any wrongdoing, then I'm certain he'll be acquitted in the court of public opinion, and he'll probably have a good case on his hands somewhere for any reputational damage suffered. Personally, I have my doubts that this will actually happen, but we'll see.

Point is, your histrionics here demanding apologies from people and gatekeeping fandom is peak virtue signaling and isn't helpful in any way.

Negative, your point is flawed, since clearly you didn't see the most important part of my last post. Allow me to repeat myself: Ahem...

"If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts."

It's almost like a bet, where the loser has to declare how right the winner is, yeah? In this world of knee-jerk reactions, and those who are so quick to point a finger without knowing everything involved, I'm not "telling" people they're "no longer allowed to root for the player" but as stated originally, I am requesting they follow through with their original judgments since they were "smart" enough to make the decision before the facts were presented. I absolutely hate, HATE HATE HATE when people are wrongly accused of something and everyone jumps on the bandwagon agreeing with it without knowing all the facts. That's all, man.

I mean, I totally read what you said, but this (green highlighted portion of quote) isn't a good-faith request from you. This is just rhetorical grandstanding. You can have a problem with the tone of the discourse surrounding the incident, and that's totally fine. But when you start implying that people changing their assessment of the situation in light of new evidence emerging is somehow lacking integrity, I think that's crap.

It's absolutely unreasonable to imply that people are somehow beholden to their original reaction to some upsetting news from reputable sources. Nobody made judgment before facts were presented - they made judgments based on the facts available at the time, which is a very important distinction to make. Leaving that distinction out is disingenuous. You ALSO are making judgments with only the facts available currently (see orange highlight), when many more are likely to emerge in the near future. What's the difference?

People should ideally be allowed to change their minds based on new evidence, without getting a bunch of crap hurled at them from someone on a high horse. In fact, this should be encouraged.

P.S. Condescending much? I obviously read the "important" part of your post - it's precisely what I was initially responding to. You're arguing semantics - the implication you're making remains the same.

morgulon1

Reaction score
chris98251":14jy1say said:
morgulon1":14jy1say said:
Can anyone name an NFL player who was wrongly accused of a crime and were later exonerated?

The only player I can think of was that linebacker from California who went to prison for a r@p* he didnt commit. I think

Ray Louis ?

Shit.

TAB420

Reaction score
Passepartout":6z9xl2ok said:
These two men not just lost their future but will lose their freedom there!
We don't know that yet.

Donn2390

Reaction score
morgulon1":1x8b2vjf said:
chris98251":1x8b2vjf said:
morgulon1":1x8b2vjf said:

The only player I can think of was that linebacker from California who went to prison for a r@p* he didnt commit. I think

Ray Louis ?

$h!t.
Brian Banks (born July 24, 1985)[1] is a former American football player. He signed with the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL) on April 3, 2013.[2][3] Banks previously signed as an undrafted free agent with the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League in 2012.[4][5]

Banks was a standout high school football star at Polytechnic High School (Poly) in Long Beach, California. In 2002, his Junior year, Banks verbally committed to USC.[6] After being falsely accused of rape by classmate Wanetta Gibson, he spent close to six years imprisoned and five years on parole, and had his conviction overturned in 2012 after his accuser confessed that she had fabricated the entire story. Following his exoneration, Banks sought to resume his football career, playing for the now defunct United Football League (UFL), attending mini-camps for several NFL teams, and later signing with the Atlanta Falcons.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
jmahon316":1enzkngq said:

I’ve been on the internet since the beginning and this has to be the stupidest posts I have ever seen. LOL

Really, who gives a crap what you want?

People have a right to form any opinion they want based on any evidence they want. They aren’t jurors. They don’t have to give someone the benefit of the doubt if they don’t choose. Maybe they are giving the Victims, witnesses, police and DA the benefit of the doubt.

All the stupid “we can’t discuss X until Y happens” is just uneducated BS. Or “you aren’t a true fan if you don’t do Z” is idiocy. If you don’t like a discussion don’t go to a discussion board.

BTW I haven’t commented on this issue. I just really hate opinion nazis. Everyone can have their own without telling you what your has to be.

jmahon316

Reaction score
So I'm just going to leave this alone. I let it get too personal for me and I shoudn't have, so I apologize for that. Like I said, I absolutely hate when people make such quick judgement calls without knowing everything that happened, especially when someone's future is at stake. I'm not going to talk about it anymore, and I apologize for lashing out at you guys.

JayhawkMike":118tvtu9 said:
jmahon316":118tvtu9 said:

I’ve been on the internet since the beginning and this has to be the stupidest posts I have ever seen. LOL

People have a right to form any opinion they want based on any evidence they want. They aren’t jurors. They don’t have to give someone the benefit of the doubt if they don’t choose. Maybe they are giving the Victims, witnesses, police and DA the benefit of the doubt.

All the stupid “we can’t discuss X until Y happens” is just uneducated BS. Or “you aren’t a true fan if you don’t do Z” is idiocy. If you don’t like a discussion don’t go to a discussion board.

BTW I haven’t commented on this issue. I just really hate opinion naz**. Everyone can have their own without telling you what your has to be.

Really? Since the beginning, and THIS is the stupidest post you've ever seen? Lol.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jmahon316":wyi6rlxs said:
So I'm just going to leave this alone. I let it get too personal for me and I shoudn't have, so I apologize for that. Like I said, I absolutely hate when people make such quick judgement calls without knowing everything that happened, especially when someone's future is at stake. I'm not going to talk about it anymore, and I apologize for lashing out at you guys.

JayhawkMike":wyi6rlxs said:
jmahon316":wyi6rlxs said:

BTW I haven’t commented on this issue. I just really hate opinion naz**. Everyone can have their own without telling you what your has to be.

Really? Since the beginning, and THIS is the stupidest post you've ever seen? Lol.
ha ha ha :2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We can all use some good news. PLEASE let this all be a mistake. We need CB help!

Latest posts