TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

TAB420

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/deandre-baker- ... ges-giants

"Dunbar has yet to turn himself in to the authorities.

"The only thing he is guilty of is being in the wrong place at the wrong time," Michael Grieco, Dunbar's attorney, told NFL Media on Friday. "The victims and witnesses have all changed their stories from the one they gave the police, as they have signed off on sworn affidavits exonerating Mr. Dunbar. The affidavits have been provided to the police."

Interesting.

hawk45

Reaction score
So 5 witnesses gave statements under oath at the scene implicating Dunbar. The lawyer then gets the same 5 witnesses to swear affidavits attesting his innocence, although the witnesses have not gone back to the police to recant their earlier sworn testimony or modify it. I don’t know if giving false testimony outside a court is a crime in this jurisdiction but I would think obstruction of justice or aiding/abetting would be on the table depending on whether they lied initially or now. The statements to the police were sworn.

Sure seems like they must have lied either initially or now since we seem to have ended up with such conflicting statements.

These witnesses are in deep doo doo. Lying to the police then going to dunbars lawyer to contradict their own sworn testimony instead of going back to the police to recant...unless the police were torturing witness statements on the scene this is some shady stuff. And if the police were strong arming testimony you can bet the defense lawyer would have painted it wall to wall on social media.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Dunbar has a good attorney who is working hard to muddy the water and make it a difficult case to prosecute. I have no idea if Dunbar did anything wrong but with conflicting statements even if he did it will help the charges to be dropped or plead down significantly.

hawk45

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3ut0xyrd said:
Dunbar has a good attorney who is working hard to muddy the water and make it a difficult case to prosecute. I have no idea if Dunbar did anything wrong but with conflicting statements even if he did it will help the charges to be dropped or plead down significantly.
I agree, no matter what happens going forward the existence of conflicting testimony weakens both versions of testimony. This helps the defense because all they need is a little doubt.

The witnesses could rip up the affidavits today and confirm their original stories and they’d still have gravely wounded the prosecution because they’d be torn apart on cross.

The wits might want to lawyer up themselves though. This type of muddying of the waters is one reason it’s a crime to lie in sworn testimony. It’s obstruction because it is now infinitely harder to get to the truth.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
jmahon316":3jv0eghj said:
So I'm just going to leave this alone. I let it get too personal for me and I shoudn't have, so I apologize for that. Like I said, I absolutely hate when people make such quick judgement calls without knowing everything that happened, especially when someone's future is at stake. I'm not going to talk about it anymore, and I apologize for lashing out at you guys.

JayhawkMike":3jv0eghj said:
jmahon316":3jv0eghj said:
This is starting to smell like a nothing-burger as far as Dunbar is concerned

Edit: If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

I’ve been on the internet since the beginning and this has to be the stupidest posts I have ever seen. LOL

Really, who gives a crap what you want?

People have a right to form any opinion they want based on any evidence they want. They aren’t jurors. They don’t have to give someone the benefit of the doubt if they don’t choose. Maybe they are giving the Victims, witnesses, police and DA the benefit of the doubt.

All the stupid “we can’t discuss X until Y happens” is just uneducated BS. Or “you aren’t a true fan if you don’t do Z” is idiocy. If you don’t like a discussion don’t go to a discussion board.

BTW I haven’t commented on this issue. I just really hate opinion naz**. Everyone can have their own without telling you what your has to be.

Really? Since the beginning, and THIS is the stupidest post you've ever seen? Lol.
Well said and much appreciated. I didn't post anything after reading the initial article, but inside my head I let the expletives fly.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1261745278194823168[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1261746734583017472[/tweet]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1261752866101837824[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mike_Grieco/status/1261743127196508161[/tweet]

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, this won't be settled anytime soon and the NFL as we all know, takes it's time with this stuff.

Wartooth

Reaction score
If the charges ARE dropped...
I'm just hoping the NFL doesn't Jarran Reed him, and suspend him for half the season.
Because apparently, that's OK!

TreeRon

Reaction score
If charges are dropped he needs to get the H out of Florida and away from his "crew". Go find Marshan.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar has turned himself in to authorities in Florida, two days after the issuance of an arrest warrant charging him with armed robbery and aggravated assault. Dunbar’s lawyer, who has extended the all-time record of claiming that his client didn’t do it, announced the move on social media — repeatedly spelling Dunbar’s name (first and last) incorrectly.

SNIP
The lawyer's last point is his strongest, that Dunbar (if truly innocent) is being placed at undue risk of contracting the coronavirus. Instead of complaining on social media, however, Grieco should be focusing all efforts on getting Dunbar in front of a judge ASAFP and getting him released on bail, so that the charges can be fought properly while Dunbar is somewhere other than behind bars. At a minimum, Grieco should be pestering the police to ensure that Dunbar has sufficient protections against the virus while awaiting a bail hearing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... imself-in/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":376w4p9p said:
Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar has turned himself in to authorities in Florida, two days after the issuance of an arrest warrant charging him with armed robbery and aggravated assault. Dunbar’s lawyer, who has extended the all-time record of claiming that his client didn’t do it, announced the move on social media — repeatedly spelling Dunbar’s name (first and last) incorrectly.

SNIP
The lawyer's last point is his strongest, that Dunbar (if truly innocent) is being placed at undue risk of contracting the coronavirus. Instead of complaining on social media, however, Grieco should be focusing all efforts on getting Dunbar in front of a judge ASAFP and getting him released on bail, so that the charges can be fought properly while Dunbar is somewhere other than behind bars. At a minimum, Grieco should be pestering the police to ensure that Dunbar has sufficient protections against the virus while awaiting a bail hearing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... imself-in/
I heard there will be a bail hearing tomorrow morning.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well given the situation if the Police were taking accounts at the scene one has to wonder about witness intimidation by those trying to go after Dunbar and Baker in the first place. Remember it took a hour and a half for them to report this also.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":nqrgmk0m said:
Well given the situation if the Police were taking accounts at the scene one has to wonder about witness intimidation by those trying to go after Dunbar and Baker in the first place. Remember it took a hour and a half for them to report this also.
Witness tampering, payoffs, or witnesses lying initially. All are possible with 1 and 2 more likely than option 3.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Dunbar has been reportedly granted bail of $100K, no idea of the terms yet and whether a bond has to be posted, yet it appears not.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/5/17/21 ... ks-sonoiki

Reading this thread causes me to wonder if some here have forgotten the basic premise of our legal system that every defendant has the inalienable right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

This whole situation seems bizarre and riddled with curious circumstances. Why would the defendants rob people they knew in the way initially reported? Why was the robbery not reported immediately instead of 1.5 hours later? Why have at least 5 of the witnesses "alleged victims" now recanted their original allegations and exonerate Dunbar? It all seems strange.

What really happened? Has the media and several here unfairly categorized the defendants as mindless hoods from the ghettos? I don't want to come across as sanctimonious but there is so much about this situation we just don't know know.

What if these guys are actually innocent?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sounds like people are recanting so maybe someone with some money paid them off. Either way if witnesses are recanting their credibility is shot so this might not go far.