TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38l845yv said:
Gotta' let it play out. If the story is accurate, they can release him. And it sounds like they would save the cap $ by doing it, not a guaranteed contract (someone posted on another thread)

If he was suspended by the league does the team save the cap for the period of the suspension? He wouldn't be playing or practicing so his salary would be suspended. Does anyone know what the effect would be to the team.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1kmphdby said:
SoulfishHawk":1kmphdby said:
Gotta' let it play out. If the story is accurate, they can release him. And it sounds like they would save the cap $ by doing it, not a guaranteed contract (someone posted on another thread)

If he was suspended by the league does the team save the cap for the period of the suspension? He wouldn't be playing or practicing so his salary would be suspended. Does anyone know what the effect would be to the team.

If I recall correctly, the money for suspended players under contract is diverted to NFL charities. Those payments to NFL charities (IIRC) are still treated as team cap charges. The player contract would need to be terminated to eliminate applicable cap charges.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The article wasn't clear as to whether witnesses identified him as someone the gun toter picked out of the attending partiers, or if he was a pre-determined complicit partner. Being they are both NFL players it certainly looks suspicious.

jmahon316

Reaction score
This is starting to smell like a nothing-burger as far as Dunbar is concerned

Edit: If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

TAB420

Reaction score
jmahon316":zj14ludh said:

Edit: If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

That's aggressive.

jmahon316

Reaction score
TAB420":2ryc5lcz said:
jmahon316":2ryc5lcz said:

That's aggressive.

Almost as aggressive as people asking what the dead cap would be to cut him at this point, yeah? We can compare aggressive tendencies all day. At the end of the day, like I said, I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

TAB420

Reaction score
jmahon316":1txpg2x5 said:
TAB420":1txpg2x5 said:
jmahon316":1txpg2x5 said:

That's aggressive.

Almost as aggressive as people asking what the dead cap would be to cut him at this point, yeah? We can compare aggressive tendencies all day. At the end of the day, like I said, I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

Feel better? People have the right to their opinions my dude. I think we were more letdown and pissed over a player that we were excited about the day before. Also, we have all seen this happen before. We love our Seahawks and get pissed when players do things detrimental to our team...it's normal.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is far from over. Breathe in man, keep that BP down. Hopefully it turns out to be bunk, but I don't see a bunch of people on here saying to cut the guy. IF he's guilty, hell yes. If not, then let's get back to football.
I have a feeling if Dunbar was a Niners player, the same person trying to lecture us would be laughing about it.

jmahon316

Reaction score
TAB420":3c4korv0 said:
jmahon316":3c4korv0 said:
TAB420":3c4korv0 said:
jmahon316":3c4korv0 said:

That's aggressive.

Feel better? People have the right to their opinions my dude. I think we were more letdown and pissed over a player that we were excited about the day before. Also, we have all seen this happen before. We love our Seahawks and get pissed when players do things detrimental to our team...it's normal.

I agree with you on the highlighted portion, but it's completely irrational to jump to conclusions just based on the media. People need to see the whole picture before making a judgement call. There are too many "knee-jerk" reactions that could f*ck up someone's future when it's not necessary.

TAB420

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10d7yuvj said:
This is far from over. Breathe in man, keep that BP down. Hopefully it turns out to be bunk, but I don't see a bunch of people on here saying to cut the guy. IF he's guilty, hell yes. If not, then let's get back to football.
It really is just that simple.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And as far as people jumping to conclusions, gimme a break. People do that all the time about x player supposedly coming to the Hawks. When it's likely not even close to the truth. Yeah, the Hawks are interested in Vick, in Cam, in Kaep, they tried to trade Russ, blah blah blah. It happens, move on that let's see what happens here.

Anyway, have a good weekend :irishdrinkers:

jmahon316

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2sihx6oi said:
And as far as people jumping to conclusions, gimme a break. People do that all the time about x player supposedly coming to the Hawks. When it's likely not even close to the truth. Yeah, the Hawks are interested in Vick, in Cam, in Kaep, they tried to trade Russ, blah blah blah. It happens, move on that let's see what happens here.

I'll give you a kit-kat bar, but that's about it. This isn't about a rumor of a player coming to the hawks, this is about people condemning a hawks player before they even get judgement. There is a HUGE difference, but you knew that already yet you chose to make a dumb comparison, Soul.