TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

chris98251

Reaction score
This has a lot of the Ray Lewis type vibe, wrong place, wrong company bad situation, thankfully nobody was killed but sounds like it came close.

Rat

Reaction score
jmahon316":29fsmiq0 said:
This is starting to smell like a nothing-burger as far as Dunbar is concerned

Edit: If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.
Eh, there was a warrant out for his arrest. It’s not like we were speculating off a post from ilovenudez.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3drfm68c said:
Fingers, legs and everything else crossed. But obviously, losing this guy is huge. Not only a damn good player, but they likely would have drafted a corner had they not traded for him. But, you can't predict when people are gonna' do stupid stuff. They are adults, this has NOTHING to do with Pete and John imo.

I don't think this is a huge loss at all. He hasn't played a down for the Seahawks to determine his worth as being "huge". It's not as though they got Darrell Green (when he was playing). For all we know, he could be the next Cary Williams. If he can't play, so be it. Hopefully they can release him and put the salary he was to make to better use.

Rat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":c761lm9n said:
SoulfishHawk":c761lm9n said:
Fingers, legs and everything else crossed. But obviously, losing this guy is huge. Not only a damn good player, but they likely would have drafted a corner had they not traded for him. But, you can't predict when people are gonna' do stupid stuff. They are adults, this has NOTHING to do with Pete and John imo.

I don't think this is a huge loss at all. He hasn't played a down for the Seahawks to determine his worth as being "huge". It's not as though they got Darrell Green (when he was playing). For all we know, he could be the next Cary Williams. If he can't play, so be it. Hopefully they can release him and put the salary he was to make to better use.
Would be a huge loss. We were depending on him, and now we’re post-draft and the FA market is dried up. If he is unable to play, we might need to spend further capital on another trade, but those negotiations would be from a position of weakness.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ivotuk":2isw5u0a said:
olyfan63":2isw5u0a said:
TAB420":2isw5u0a said:
Really? It's a true statement but that's about it.
I've lowered my standards so now lower yours.
Wait, that doesn't have quite the same ring as how Pat Paulsen said it.
I think he said Upped and up, or something like that.
He was the funniest of the candidates, don't know why he didn't ever win.

Wow, that's going waaayyyy back. "Got a Monkey on my back, but I can't stop now!" and "She was an unfortunate looking woman."

Mediocre comedian, with an occasional great line.

<snip of un-funny Paulsen material ivotuk is clearly right about>

Maybe all of this is just a misunderstanding of a Dan Snyder prank gone horribly wrong?

Oh man, showing our age! Ancient!
Actually his "Pat Paulsen for President" comedy albums are riotously funny, especially the first one.
His other stuff? BTFOM. (Beats The Fluff Outa Me) You could be right.

Pat Paulsen on gun control:
"Did you know that more Americans have been killed by handguns than by all our wars combined? Therefore, if elected, I promise to send every American to war, where at least he'll have a fighting chance!"

OK, off topic, sorry. Back on topic, Quinton Dunbar, quoting Pat Paulsen, to Florida prosecutors:
"Armed robbery? Turn myself in??!! Man, I aint do that shit, ever. When I joined the NFL, man, I upped my standards, so now UP YOURS!"

It's unclear if Paulsen will be exhumed to run again in 2020, and if so, whether he will tap Dunbar as his running mate. Word was he'd prefer to tap Nina Thomas, now that she's apparently available.

Last update was that Paulsen was picking up voter support not just on gun control issues, but on drug policy.
Paulsen: "They said I ignored the drug problem. Well, I gave speeches on drugs, I wrote books on drugs. I did darn near everything on drugs!"

Sorry, this is degenerating, and anything further should be confined to the Politics forum, an Earl Thomas thread or elsewhere.

xray

Reaction score
Tre Flowers ; on the news did so many back flips; that he herniated several parts of his body . He might call in sick . :sarcasm_off:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TAB420":2boka8dq said:
jmahon316":2boka8dq said:
TAB420":2boka8dq said:
jmahon316":2boka8dq said:

Edit: If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

That's aggressive.

Almost as aggressive as people asking what the dead cap would be to cut him at this point, yeah? We can compare aggressive tendencies all day. At the end of the day, like I said, I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

Feel better? People have the right to their opinions my dude. I think we were more letdown and pissed over a player that we were excited about the day before. Also, we have all seen this happen before. We love our Seahawks and get pissed when players do things detrimental to our team...it's normal.
Sorry, but jumping to conclusions, or "Jumping The Gun", or "A Rush To Judgement"
is NOT "Normal"....I get where jmahon316 is coming from...I may very well be that he was an accomplice to the crime, but it could just as well be that he was not, eh?

jmahon316

Reaction score
scutterhawk":362c8p0a said:
TAB420":362c8p0a said:
jmahon316":362c8p0a said:
TAB420":362c8p0a said:
That's aggressive.

Almost as aggressive as people asking what the dead cap would be to cut him at this point, yeah? We can compare aggressive tendencies all day. At the end of the day, like I said, I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts.

Feel better? People have the right to their opinions my dude. I think we were more letdown and pissed over a player that we were excited about the day before. Also, we have all seen this happen before. We love our Seahawks and get pissed when players do things detrimental to our team...it's normal.
Sorry, but jumping to conclusions, or "Jumping The Gun", or "A Rush To Judgement"
is NOT "Normal"....I get where jmahon316 is coming from...I may very well be that he was an accomplice to the crime, but it could just as well be that he was not, eh?

It is one thing to assume. I'll leave it at that, considering how things are "stacking" up against Dunbar (He will likely only miss the first 5 weeks of the season).

Rat":362c8p0a said:
jmahon316":362c8p0a said:

Eh, there was a warrant out for his arrest. It’s not like we were speculating off a post from ilovenudez.

Yep, I understand his warrant. But the important part of law is that it doesn't matter what you did, it's what you can prove. AND LOOK AT THAT: A lawyer for former Redskins cornerback Quinton Dunbar says that he has testimony from five witnesses who say Dunbar wasn’t involved in an armed robbery this week, but prosecutors still want him jailed, according to the Miami Herald. (https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/re ... ry-charges)

Edit: Suddenly this goes from "was he involved" to "HE WAS THERE, SO HE'S GUILTY"

I do not apologize for my original post at all. F*ck those who gave up on him on such short notice without due process and waiting out the details.

Edit # 2: Personally, he is my next jersey purchase.

morgulon1

Reaction score
TAB420":2mj23k22 said:
jmahon316":2mj23k22 said:

That's aggressive.

No doubt aggressive. With the track record of these athletes, DUI's, wife beaters, cheaters, inside stock traders, murderers, I get the rush to judgement. Whether you approve of it or not. Perhaps the real fan is extremely let down over the fact that our biggest off season addition was stupid enough to put himself in this situation and hurt the Seahawk's season. And all this player has to do is stay healthy , have a productive year and he is set for life when he signs his next deal. So his family is probably singing the blues right now as well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jmahon316":2yogc31r said:

How very virtuous of you. You must be very proud.

By the way, the warrant is still active and the police still have statements that run contrary to the statements Dunbar's lawyer has obtained. This wasn't some rumor that people rushed to judgment on - this was (edit: IS) an active warrant with several individuals stating definitively that Dunbar was robbing people, possibly with a gun.

If Dunbar is innocent, cool. I'm happy for him and happy for the team. But, give me a break - this is just wayyyyy over the top on the holier-than-thou scale.

Terrace65

Reaction score
Really do not know in these cases. The police say they have no statements yet as was stated by the clients lawyer. If they gave sworn statements to the PD yesterday and lied, there is a criminal problem. Never listen to a defense lawyer at this point. They can’t tell the truth. Will have to wait and see the outcome.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Mahon. "... during his time here."
That's kind of a sticking point,isn't it? He hasn't been here yet. We don't even know for sure a contract has actually been signed, do we?
But you're right about passing judgement before having all the facts. 'Fast and easy' all too often is not the way to the truth.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3w3ubg1r said:
jmahon316":3w3ubg1r said:

By the way, the warrant is still active and the police still have statements that run contrary to the statements Dunbar's lawyer has obtained. This wasn't some rumor that people rushed to judgment on - this was (edit: IS) an active warrant with several individuals stating definitively that Dunbar was robbing people, possibly with a gun.

If Dunbar is innocent, cool. I'm happy for him and happy for the team. But, give me a break - this is just wayyyyy over the top on the holier-than-thou scale.

Come on, Maelstrom...It's not about being virtuous, honestly. It's about being so easy to pass judgement when you don't even know the details of the situation, but "oh wow, he wasn't guilty, thankfully he can help the team" after thinking "wow, what a dumb@ss piece of sh!t" without giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes that's all what people want, is to be held to a fair trial before getting dragged through the mud. SURELY THIS IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR.

Appyhawk":3w3ubg1r said:
Mahon. "... during his time here."
That's kind of a sticking point,isn't it? He hasn't been here yet. We don't even know for sure a contract has actually been signed, do we?
But you're right about passing judgement before having all the facts. 'Fast and easy' all too often is not the way to the truth.

At this moment, he is a Seahawk, is he not?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jmahon316":23f7v5bq said:
Maelstrom787":23f7v5bq said:
jmahon316":23f7v5bq said:

It's not about being virtuous, honestly. It's about being so easy to pass judgement when you don't even know the details of the situation, but "oh wow, he wasn't guilty, thankfully he can help the team" after thinking "wow, what a dumb@ss piece of sh!t" without giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes that's all what people want, is to be held to a fair trial before getting dragged through the mud. SURELY THIS IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR.

Well, you're not asking anything. You're telling people that they're no longer allowed to root for a player if they reacted negatively to the reputably-sourced news about Dunbar, which (quite frankly) is a load of haughty gatekeeping crap.

Again, this was (and is) not a rumor. This isn't just random hearsay. This isn't gossip based on a game of "telephone." A "rush" to judgment is completely understandable when you have a warrant, plus several eyewitnesses, alleging Dunbar to be part of an armed robbery. Players are denigrated here constantly for far less serious actions, such as shoddy on-field play. It's a football message board.

If the situation evolves to the point where Dunbar is completely exonerated of any wrongdoing, then I'm certain he'll be acquitted in the court of public opinion, and he'll probably have a good case on his hands somewhere for any reputational damage suffered. Personally, I have my doubts that this will actually happen, but we'll see.

Point is, your histrionics here demanding apologies from people and gatekeeping fandom is peak virtue signaling and isn't helpful in any way.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Uncle Si":tvvj6gjd said:
lot of hand wringing at the moment. Probably best to wait and see how this plays out.

Somehow, these stories rarely turn out as initially reported and the player in question ends up playing.
This aged well.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1jva9yrn said:
jmahon316":1jva9yrn said:
Maelstrom787":1jva9yrn said:
jmahon316":1jva9yrn said:

It's not about being virtuous, honestly. It's about being so easy to pass judgement when you don't even know the details of the situation, but "oh wow, he wasn't guilty, thankfully he can help the team" after thinking "wow, what a dumb@ss piece of sh!t" without giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes that's all what people want, is to be held to a fair trial before getting dragged through the mud. SURELY THIS IS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR.

Well, you're not asking anything. You're telling people that they're no longer allowed to root for a player if they reacted negatively to the reputably-sourced news about Dunbar, which (quite frankly) is a load of haughty gatekeeping crap.

Again, this was (and is) not a rumor. This isn't just random hearsay. This isn't gossip based on a game of "telephone." A "rush" to judgment is completely understandable when you have a warrant, plus several eyewitnesses, alleging Dunbar to be part of an armed robbery. Players are denigrated here constantly for far less serious actions, such as shoddy on-field play. It's a football message board.

If the situation evolves to the point where Dunbar is completely exonerated of any wrongdoing, then I'm certain he'll be acquitted in the court of public opinion, and he'll probably have a good case on his hands somewhere for any reputational damage suffered. Personally, I have my doubts that this will actually happen, but we'll see.

Point is, your histrionics here demanding apologies from people and gatekeeping fandom is peak virtue signaling and isn't helpful in any way.

Negative, your point is flawed, since clearly you didn't see the most important part of my last post. Allow me to repeat myself: Ahem...

"If Dunbar is acquitted and dismissed of his charges, I want everyone who was so quick to cut bait on him to accept responsibility for their quick judgement and don't even bother supporting him during his time here. Those that are in that category don't deserve to cheer him on or reverse your judgement on him. Show your true colors during his whole tenure here and accept that you gave into the media and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. You deserve this just as much as you thought he deserved to be guilty of the mass media's judgement. I'm so sick of how everyone panders to the hysteria without waiting for the facts."

It's almost like a bet, where the loser has to declare how right the winner is, yeah? In this world of knee-jerk reactions, and those who are so quick to point a finger without knowing everything involved, I'm not "telling" people they're "no longer allowed to root for the player" but as stated originally, I am requesting they follow through with their original judgments since they were "smart" enough to make the decision before the facts were presented. I absolutely hate, HATE HATE HATE when people are wrongly accused of something and everyone jumps on the bandwagon agreeing with it without knowing all the facts. That's all, man.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Can anyone name an NFL player who was wrongly accused of a crime and were later exonerated?

The only player I can think of was that linebacker from California who went to prison for a rape he didnt commit. I think
he was in high school or college.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
More than a day after arrest warrants were issued for Giants cornerback Deandre Baker and Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar (pictured), both men remain at large.

They face felony charges arising from alleged involvement in an armed robbery. Via David Ovalle of the Miami Herald, Dunbar’s lawyer has professed his client’s innocence. [Editor’s note: They rarely if ever say, “Yep, he did it.”]

Lawyer Michael Grieco contends that he presented multiple affidavits to the prosecutor’s office, but that the authorities still expect Dunbar to turn himself in, or be arrested.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... t-large-2/

Cmon guys he's now on the lam. Let's just cut our losses here.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
jmahon316":rq7xen76 said:

So if he’s found to be not guilty of this, those that called him out can’t cheer him on? If he gets a pic 6 in a major game, some aren’t allowed to cheer for him? This is the first I’ve posted about it. I basically thought it was a dumb thing if true and management needed to do whatever they needed to do to move on.