TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3vs8fa9b said:
Reading this thread causes me to wonder if some here have forgotten the basic premise of our legal system that every defendant has the inalienable right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Seahawks.net is not our legal system.

My comments were based on the evidence available at the time. I have no problem adjusting my opinion if new evidence arises proving my previous opinion spurious. I could just wait months for all the legal stuff to work itself out, but that’s boring. This is a significant story, and I like talking Hawks football.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":r6fm7wd3 said:
CPHawk":r6fm7wd3 said:
Ray Lewis?
Haha...Lewis only got off because he agreed to rat on his pals. No hes a murderer.

Crap legs and Worthlessburger got away with rape. So robbing an illegal card game, doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
CPHawk":2zr3kuwl said:
Cyrus12":2zr3kuwl said:
CPHawk":2zr3kuwl said:
Ray Lewis?
Haha...Lewis only got off because he agreed to rat on his pals. No hes a murderer.

Crap legs and Worthlessburger got away with r@p*. So robbing an illegal card game, doesn't seem like much of a stretch.
Yep...things can go away with a little bit of $

CPHawk

Reaction score
I also wonder if there was some illegal gambling going on. And these witnesses could have incriminated themselves on the witness stand, if it got to that. A guy doesn't lose 70k at a neighbor's card game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":6y65xiol said:
CPHawk":6y65xiol said:
Cyrus12":6y65xiol said:
CPHawk":6y65xiol said:
Ray Lewis?

Crap legs and Worthlessburger got away with r@p*. So robbing an illegal card game, doesn't seem like much of a stretch.
Yep...things can go away with a little bit of $
Yep, ask Greg Hardy’s exgirlfriend that Jerruh paid off and made not to show up when she was going to take the witness stand at his trial.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Rat":3dorx0ze said:
jammerhawk":3dorx0ze said:
Reading this thread causes me to wonder if some here have forgotten the basic premise of our legal system that every defendant has the inalienable right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

My comments were based on the evidence available at the time. I have no problem adjusting my opinion if new evidence arises proving my previous opinion spurious. I could just wait months for all the legal stuff to work itself out, but that’s boring. This is a significant story, and I like talking Hawks football.

Perfect answer.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3hyawf06 said:
Rat":3hyawf06 said:
jammerhawk":3hyawf06 said:

Perfect answer.
Agreed. Most negative posts directed at Dunbar had the general qualifier of “IF” he is guilty of a what he is being accused of
If he isn’t guilty then game on.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds sincere, also well spoken and took responsibility for his lack of judgement in being there.

Osprey

Reaction score
chris98251":30mic89c said:
Sounds sincere, also well spoken and took responsibility for his lack of judgement in being there.
I’m firmly in the camp of hoping Q was wrong place, wrong time. That said, odds that wasn’t written for him: 10:1

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Q13FOX/status/1262270491030585345[/tweet]

But when it comes to the NFL’s personal conduct policy, I don’t believe it will go away.

Because there’s no denying from anyone that an incident did happen, Dunbar hasn’t denied being present, and the details of what happened reflect that it simply was not a good situation. And that reflects on the player.

Which puts the Seahawks in a fairly tough spot. Because even if Dunbar remains on the team, they now have to prepare for a possible suspension for a player they hoped would start at right cornerback this season – a player they traded a fifth-round draft pick to acquire – and a move that likely prevented them from selecting a cornerback in the NFL Draft.

And while the legal process plays out, it also puts the team in an awkward position of not doing anything – not knowing if there will be a personal conduct suspension – and not being able to dump his salary to pick up a veteran player with no legal issues instead.

As a Seahawks fan, I’d be frustrated. This has the potential to be the second time in four years that a player the Seahawks were relying on to make an impact throws a wrench into those plans without ever stepping foot on the field.

massari

Reaction score
Save the diplomacy for real life when you're actually involved, or have any impact whatsoever on the situation, not a low traffic football forum :p . If there are multiple witnesses and an arrest warrant, he's guilty until proven otherwise. Get off your high horse.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This Dunbar thing is turning into a virus by another name situation. It may be a long time before we know if we're infected or not as testing is limited.
Our prisons are full of innocent criminals, or so we're told.
I don't know how this will turn out. I just hope the real truth comes out and real justice results. Right now I'm willing to give Dunbar benefit of the doubt...so long as there is doubt. But anytime someone brings a gun into a situation, then claims innocence...that does not constitute "just a big misunderstanding". Baker claiming he is also innocent does not help Dunbar's cause.
In the meantime the Seahawks are in a difficult situation that has suddenly become even more difficult.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2fewj8et said:
And while the legal process plays out, it also puts the team in an awkward position of not doing anything – not knowing if there will be a personal conduct suspension – and not being able to dump his salary to pick up a veteran player with no legal issues instead.

Happens all the time to NFL front offices. Legal troubles, domestic issues, PED issues.

Don't you think Pete and John knew that a possible suspension was possible for Reed two years ago? How bout Kendricks never ending pending court date, or Josh Gordon's impending suspension, or Browner and Shermans PED suspension possibilities.

No different here. It's only May, plenty of time to go grab another DB to compete with Dunbar and Flowers until we know how this is all going to shake out.

Awkward position? Nope, business as usual in the NFL.

ducks41468

Reaction score
All five witnesses recanted their original statements? Sounds very suspicious, like it was either witness tampering or gang-related/snitches get stitches type nonsense. Dunbar will probably get off without charges but I don't like having a low character player on the team, especially one who hasn't played a down for us and hasn't done anything to ingratiate himself to the fanbase. Our defense will stink either way so I wouldn't consider him a big loss if he gets cut.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, he's a pro bowl level corner who was in line for a big contract in 2021. Yes, it's a big loss IF he doesn't play. Especially a big loss for THIS swiss cheese defense.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ojfzz5fb said:
Um, he's a pro bowl level corner who was in line for a big contract in 2021. Yes, it's a big loss IF he doesn't play. Especially a big loss for THIS swiss cheese defense.
Agreed, especially this late in the offseason. Is there anything remotely comparable left in FA? If this goes bad, we might need to make a second trade, but with little leverage.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
ducks41468":7y86ah22 said:
All five witnesses recanted their original statements? Sounds very suspicious, like it was either witness tampering or gang-related/snitches get stitches type nonsense. Dunbar will probably get off without charges but I don't like having a low character player on the team, especially one who hasn't played a down for us and hasn't done anything to ingratiate himself to the fanbase. Our defense will stink either way so I wouldn't consider him a big loss if he gets cut.

All of their original stories didn't really match up in the first place. Most of them said Dunbar wasn't armed, I think 1 said he was. Most of them also said Baker was ordering the other 2 guys around. There is a possibility that Baker was forcing Dunbar to help him.

Either way, Dunbar needs to stop hanging out with his current circle. Hopefully he is innocent and learns a lesson or 3 from this.