Tjack or Quinn (Update: TJack flying in for visit)

General Manager

Reaction score
If I could only have Jackson or Quinn it would be Jackson no contest . Quinn has a career com percentage of about 52% he has serious accuracy problems and then there's his INT problems.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
bryantology79":1b4fa0ly said:
tjack beat out charlie whiteworst

Uhm no he didn't. He was awarded the starting role upon arrival. There was no competition and for Jackson that was a good thing because Whitehurst looked better in virtually every form and fashion in preseason. The FO had already decided they didn't want Charlie and Jackson was simply the beneficiary of that. Jackson in general has been very lucky to this point in his career landing in just the right system at just the right time. He has had more opportunities to prove he has what it takes more than any QB I have ever known and has yet to ever show anything that solidifies he deserves the opportunities he has been given.

He has been in functional systems in need of a starting caliber QB and systems that were capable of providing every element a QB could want to succeed. On the other hand Quinn has been cast in dysfunctional systems that would be lucky to even be able to identify a functional QB.

Again, I am not sold that Quinn has what it takes and most signs point towards him not but at least with Quinn we have the potential that he could improve. Jackson pretty simply, not so much and the level he is at is not someone I would expect to win half the games he plays unless the defense and running game completely carry him.

To be completely honest if Jackson didn't bring some strange VooDoo that creates some to fall head over heals in love with him I wouldn't mind him so much but for whatever reason it is, there is something about this guy that absolutely sucks people in and creates fans that somehow can't do math or correlate quantifiable QB skills. Even that wouldn't be so bad if they didn't become spoke persons in the Jackson plite. On what planet does Tarvaris Jackson deserve a super bowl ring more than Matt Hassebeck? More than anyone for that matter? No really, there are people that actually believe that he does, right here on this board. Handed everything while accomplishing nothing and somehow deserves the earth and moon. This is probably the biggest reason I would rather not have the guy around. I won't be surprised when Wilson has a bad game and these maroons start trying to justify starting Jackson.

General Manager

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2ultsoui said:
bryantology79":2ultsoui said:
tjack beat out charlie whiteworst

Uhm no he didn't. He was awarded the starting role upon arrival. There was no competition and for Jackson that was a good thing because Whitehurst looked better in virtually every form and fashion in preseason. The FO had already decided they didn't want Charlie and Jackson was simply the beneficiary of that. Jackson in general has been very lucky to this point in his career landing in just the right system at just the right time. He has had more opportunities to prove he has what it takes more than any QB I have ever known and has yet to ever show anything that solidifies he deserves the opportunities he has been given.

He has been in functional systems in need of a starting caliber QB and systems that were capable of providing every element a QB could want to succeed. On the other hand Quinn has been cast in dysfunctional systems that would be lucky to even be able to identify a functional QB.

Again, I am not sold that Quinn has what it takes and most signs point towards him not but at least with Quinn we have the potential that he could improve. Jackson pretty simply, not so much and the level he is at is not someone I would expect to win half the games he plays unless the defense and running game completely carry him.

To be completely honest if Jackson didn't bring some strange VooDoo that creates some to fall head over heals in love with him I wouldn't mind him so much but for whatever reason it is, there is something about this guy that absolutely sucks people in and creates fans that somehow can't do math or correlate quantifiable QB skills. Even that wouldn't be so bad if they didn't become spoke persons in the Jackson plite. On what planet does Tarvaris Jackson deserve a super bowl ring more than Matt Hassebeck? More than anyone for that matter? No really, there are people that actually believe that he does, right here on this board. Handed everything while accomplishing nothing and somehow deserves the earth and moon. This is probably the biggest reason I would rather not have the guy around. I won't be surprised when Wilson has a bad game and these maroons start trying to justify starting Jackson.

What a load of crap I've never understood the Jackson haters but he's back like it or not .

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":9nr43roh said:

I hope you realize that there's not a single person here so "head over heels in love" with TJack that they want him starting even a single minute of the 2013 season. The player people are completely gaga over is Russell Wilson. Don't confuse respect and appreciation - which is what most people who are fine with Jackson's return are expressing - with blind love. There's not a Scion or Zanary or Jacksonfan here implying that Jackson can do no wrong.

And for the record, the reason that there are so many people here who are fine with Jackson filling the backup role and showing respect for him is that in his lone season as our starter, Jackson handled himself professionally and played through pain for the team. He was a good influence in the locker room and never once complained about anything. And when you look back on his performance, it's NOWHERE near as abysmal as Chukar, you, Radish, or many others want to make it seem. It just isn't. The team's record doesn't show it; Jackson's stats don't show it. And maybe, just maybe, some of the fondness some people here have for Jackson stems from watching him handle himself like a professional when there is a legion of loudmouths criticizing him far beyond what he deserved.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1eqgxvhy said:
RichNhansom":1eqgxvhy said:

I hope you realize that there's not a single person here so "head over heels in love" with TJack that they want him starting even a single minute of the 2013 season. The player people are completely gaga over is Russell Wilson. Don't confuse respect and appreciation - which is what most people who are fine with Jackson's return are expressing - with blind love. There's not a Scion or Zanary or Jacksonfan here implying that Jackson can do no wrong.

And for the record, the reason that there are so many people here who are fine with Jackson filling the backup role and showing respect for him is that in his lone season as our starter, Jackson handled himself professionally and played through pain for the team. He was a good influence in the locker room and never once complained about anything. And when you look back on his performance, it's NOWHERE near as abysmal as Chukar, you, Radish, or many others want to make it seem. It just isn't. The team's record doesn't show it; Jackson's stats don't show it. And maybe, just maybe, some of the fondness some people here have for Jackson stems from watching him handle himself like a professional when there is a legion of loudmouths criticizing him far beyond what he deserved.

Volsung For The Win!

DHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":9b450r78 said:
RichNhansom":9b450r78 said:

/thread

kearly

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":90zjmc0h said:
This truly has become a championship offseason.

I must confess, I like this move more than I probably should. Though he has always had issues as a QB, I liked T-Jack in Minnesota and I thought his 2011 season was a pleasant surprise. He's professional, he's tough, he's humble, he's physically gifted, he knows our offense as well as anyone in the league, and he has a relatively good track record for backup / fringe starter standards.

I like Matt Flynn, but T-Jack is the better backup QB for our team. To think that in the process of getting to this more optimal arrangement, Seattle picked up a 7th rounder and a pair of 5ths along the way. That's pretty cool.

I dream of seeing a "23-0" season. Having half of our preseason QB reps handled by Wilson/T-Jack means the Seahawks have a pretty good shot at going 4-0 again. At the very least, this preseason is even more fun now that we have a real backup QB battle to watch.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":16y3zex1 said:
Nobody will ever understand my love for Kelly Jennings, but this is about as freaking close as it gets. If Thurmond goes on IR and god forbid something happen to Lane, we should give him a tryout at least... he deserves that. Kelly Jennings is pure class (and available wink wink).

RichNhansom

Reaction score
volsunghawk":28x455vf said:
RichNhansom":28x455vf said:

Your a tuff one to banter with because you are always spot on and with level head. I really do enjoy reading most everything you post.

That said. you might be right about abysmal as some here portray, we seem to go full gaffuallt one way or the other on this guy. My comments though are spot on about the lovefest. Like it or not. Go back and look at how many want to credit him for a 500 record in 2011. Look at the other Jackson/Quinn thread where guys are stating he deserves a super bowl ring.

For whatever reason when the Jackson supporters sprout up they can no longer do math and completely ignore many, many factors that allowed him to be on a 7 win team even to the point of giving him credit for wins he doesn't deserve and taking away games he started and finished that ended in a loss.

The Zanary's and Jacksonfan's were the first to create this rift that separates the lovers from the haters but now we are seeing a whole new batch of Jacksonfan's that are closely resembling the guys that followed him from Minnesota. What has he ever done to get the support he has?

I have never seen another mediocre QB garnish so much faithfulness and exaggeration. I didn't see Seahawks fans on the Titans board arguing with their fans that Matt was the end all be all. I have never seen any kind of following like this guy has and it makes no sense at all. It's not like he battled through tough conditions and carried his team to a super bowl or spent 10 years as the unquestioned leader of his team. Or was ever even a franchise QB. There really is nothing I can attribute the commitment he gets from fans.

Don't get me wrong. it is not the faithfulness that bothers me it is the exaggeration. The willingness to ignore that he really has accomplished nothing and has been carried by the supporting cast more than most QB's in the game. I probably have a more negative light on him due in part to the unrealistic over the top positive I see for him but I don't exaggerate in the opposite direction either. If I came on here and said he was a 300 QB and only won four games in 2011 you would have many on here very quick to correct me when in reality you could make the argument that multiple of the wins in 2011 were a wins in spite of his performance much more than the other way around.

Like it or not the guy is polarizing for some reason. He has a better following than many QB's with 10 times the resume and with that comes the other side. You can't have good without bad it is a function of reality.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kearly":2bu7gynw said:
Zebulon Dak":2bu7gynw said:
This truly has become a championship offseason.

I must confess, I like this move more than I probably should. Though he has always had issues as a QB, I liked T-Jack in Minnesota and I thought his 2011 season was a pleasant surprise. He's professional, he's tough, he's humble, he's physically gifted, he knows our offense as well as anyone in the league, and he has a relatively good track record for backup / fringe starter standards.

I like Matt Flynn, but T-Jack is the better backup QB for our team. To think that in the process of getting to this more optimal arrangement, Seattle picked up a 7th rounder and a pair of 5ths along the way. That's pretty cool.

I dream of seeing a "23-0" season. Having half of our preseason QB reps handled by Wilson/T-Jack means the Seahawks have a pretty good shot at going 4-0 again. At the very least, this preseason is even more fun now that we have a real backup QB battle to watch.

Spot on Kearly and thanks for a level headed post that doesn't invoke a challenge.

I actually think Jackson must have a damn good personality along with good work ethic and good leadership. He wouldn't get the opportunities and support from his teammates otherwise.

I don't know if he is the best backup for us but I do believe he has many of the traits that Pete and John look for and maybe if healthy, behind a very good O-line and with the weapons we have I don't rule out that he could be a decent QB. I'm just not willing to credit him a super bowl ring yet like some.

xCalibur

Reaction score
I truly cannot believe what i am rerading here. How can so many think Tjack is the answer if RW goes down. Yes, sure if your happy with .500 and sucking and turnovers. This is a team on the rise, you don't see great teams like NE go out and hire a lame duck backup to brady. This is a crazy scenario anyways, because i believe JJ will beat out Quinn before the season starts. And i will definately take JJ over Tsucks....If you guys love Tjack so so much, wait for him to sign somewhere and go be a fan of that team. We want winners here, the losing is over

DavidSeven

Reaction score
xCalibur":35hifh6h said:
This is a team on the rise, you don't see great teams like NE go out and hire a lame duck backup to brady.

The team that just added Tim Tebow to their QB depth chart is your shining example...?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
xCalibur":q11xvozm said:
I truly cannot believe what i am rerading here. How can so many think Tjack is the answer if RW goes down. Yes, sure if your happy with .500 and sucking and turnovers. This is a team on the rise, you don't see great teams like NE go out and hire a lame duck backup to brady. This is a crazy scenario anyways, because i believe JJ will beat out Quinn before the season starts. And i will definately take JJ over Tsucks....If you guys love Tjack so so much, wait for him to sign somewhere and go be a fan of that team. We want winners here, the losing is over

Yo mad bro?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
TJ! might just be the best backup in the league. Might. He's top 5 for sure.

Latest posts