Tjack or Quinn (Update: TJack flying in for visit)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bryantology79":qn90mpme said:
tjack beat out charlie whiteworst

:sarcasm_on: That's a huge accomplishment :sarcasm_off:

Blind mice can also get the cheese once in a while.

kigenzun

Reaction score
m0ng0":7qk44boc said:
Yes, TJack knows the offense but he's also proven that he can't execute the offense.

cockeyhawk":7qk44boc said:
The only thing known for certain is that Tjack cant run a NFL offense.

I'm gonna laugh at y'all Tjack fans when Mr. Brady friggin Quinn does in fact beat him out for the backup QB job... :oops:
But regardless of who our backup is... I'll be on hands and knees, first thing every morning, praying praying praying for the health and career longevity of Russell Wilson. And I believe all y'all should be doing the same.

"Free at last... Free at last... thank God almighty we have Russell Wilson as our Quarterback." :th2thumbs:

gargantual

Reaction score
bryantology79":3mkqzmge said:
Has BQ ever beaten anyone out in the NFL? Not trying to be facetious. A serious question...

Not that there's anything remotely impressive about beating out Clipboard Jesus. (Although I have to admit that I was one of the ones at the time that wanted us to try him out to see "what he had").

Are we in another universe now as a fan-base or what? Life is good.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kigenzun":dasc4zfj said:
I'm gonna laugh at y'all Tjack fans when Mr. Brady friggin 'Backup Quality' Quinn does in fact beat him out for the backup QB job... :oops:

You honestly care this much about which of these two guys is our backup qb? That's kind of sad. I like them bringing in TJ to compete with BQ for the job, and will be just fine with whomever the coaches decide is best suited for the job. Those who are this vested in the backup qb when the starter's name is (first name) Russell (last name) Wilson really might want to consider looking into some of the other players on the roster

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The whole "who have they beat out" argument doesn't have much value. Every situation is different, and there are other factors that go into those kinds of decisions. For example, Buffalo obviously wasn't going to cut the first QB taken in the 2013 draft or the brand new FA QB they just signed to a decent contract. For Quinn, all indications were that he was ahead of Tebow on Denver's depth chart. The overwhelming public support for Tebow basically forced Denver's hand in that situation. Everything I ever read about that said that Quinn was a better QB than Tebow in practice.

gargantual

Reaction score
I'm not sure ANYONE is "vested" in who wins the backup job other than the old school T-Jack lovers out there. It will be mildly interesting to see them battle it out during Preseason, if nothing else to see how our O performs without Wilson directing it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1wxfs4mw said:
bryantology79":1wxfs4mw said:

:sarcasm_on: That's a huge accomplishment :sarcasm_off:

Blind mice can also get the cheese once in a while.

Actually, if you recall how many people wanted Whitehurst to start the playoff game based on his "win" in week 17 over the Rams, your comment becomes a lot less amusing.

We have a lot of armchair GMs around here that wildly overestimate their football knowledge, IMO.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Like many have stated , it doesn't matter that much who wins the job.

I keep hearing that Brock Huard has said Quinn looks terrible

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score

themunn

Reaction score
The Radish":2exw1jxj said:
Silly me.....I'm not the least interested in a backup that can win 50% of his games till our starter gets well. What if our starter is out for a year? You ready for 8-8 again? What a dumb goal to shoot for.

I didn't read past this line.
You want a back-up QB that can win 10 games a year?
Guess what, there were only 13 STARTING QBs that managed that last year (and let's be honest, 12 really, Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin won Minnesota 10 games, not Christian Ponder).
For the record I think Jackson could lead this current offense to 10 wins

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
themunn":26lxdv9e said:
The Radish":26lxdv9e said:
Silly me.....I'm not the least interested in a backup that can win 50% of his games till our starter gets well. What if our starter is out for a year? You ready for 8-8 again? What a dumb goal to shoot for.

I didn't read past this line.
You want a back-up QB that can win 10 games a year?
Guess what, there were only 13 STARTING QBs that managed that last year (and let's be honest, 12 really, Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin won Minnesota 10 games, not Christian Ponder).
For the record I think Jackson could lead this current offense to 10 wins

TJ went 8-4 as the starter for a fairly loaded Vikings team. He could win ten games with this team. Matt Cassel is garbage, and he won ten games with a loaded Pats team. That's about the best you can hope for as a backup.

Anybody thinking that backups do better than 8-8 on a regular basis needs to come WAY down off their expectations for the QB2 position. I'm glad with a backup that can go .500 for long enough until our QB1 gets back on the field.

If BQ can do that, fine, but I am comfortable with TJ running this offense. He ran a slightly worse version of it and went 7-8, which seems very good for a QB2 to me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cassel got 11 wins, not 10, by the way; unless you don't count him playing 80% of the season opener after Brady went out before the first quarter finished.

I totally agree with your points, though.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
After all we have been through with this FO, I trust them fully to put the best players they have in their best position.

Signing TJack was a good move when they did it. Short season and the Hawks turned into a competitive team. Made the moves to beef up the position and found the QBOTF. I would like TJack as the guy but only after seeing Quinn and JJ.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2dqzha19 said:
Jerod Johnson will beat out Tjack.

Says the guy who predicted:

'JACKSON WILL BE OUT OF THE NFL BY THE 2012 SEASON.'

Ever get tired of being so grossly INCORRECT?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I heard TJ got cut, and my first thought was get him to replace Quinn.

Good on you, JS.