Thursday Percy updates thread

hawker84

Reaction score
No doubt Percy makes a differnece when he's out there. But we've beaten SF here in wk 2 without him , and barely lost in SF without him..

We beat a physical carolina defense in carolina without him.
we beat a physical AZ/STL defense on the road without him.
we beat a good Houston D on the road without him.

We're back at home now, I have no reason to believe we won't still be competitive with or without him Sunday...

Donn2390

Reaction score
Just snatch some skinny guy off the practice squad, put a number 11 jersey on him, stick him in at flanker... and we're home free..

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3pnc7ire said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":3pnc7ire said:
Basis4day":3pnc7ire said:
What they "need" to do is follow the protocol. Concussions are serious. Percy's life is more important than fan desire.
Which is why in a sane world, Sean Payton's career within the NFL (or really any kind of organized football at all) would be over. If Percy does make it back, at least the Niners aren't the Rams or Ain'ts, and Coach Douche actually seems to respect the game enough not to encourage outright head-hunting.

Totally agree, even though he acts like a douche, he is a damn great coach and his players play by the rules. For that I respect Harbaugh.

Well, then he needs to reel in Fangio because I watched Willis purpously earhole one of our players at the Candlestick game.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
With or Without Percy, we will prevail. This team is just too hyped and Russell is DUE for an amazing game.
This will be Seattle's best game of the season. I expect a performance similar to how we trashed teams at the end of last year, putting 50+ on them.
I expect all phases of the team to score: Offense, Defense and Special Teams. We MUST believe people. We must believe in this team. This is their chance. Can't work so hard , get home field advantage, come this close and fail ...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawker84":3pylntjv said:
No doubt Percy makes a differnece when he's out there. But we've beaten SF here in wk 2 without him , and barely lost in SF without him..

We beat a physical carolina defense in carolina without him.
we beat a physical AZ/STL defense on the road without him.
we beat a good Houston D on the road without him.

We're back at home now, I have no reason to believe we won't still be competitive with or without him Sunday...

Only problem with that rationale is you're banking on all variables remaining the same.
For some goofy reason, they tried to run a finesse game plan against us last time they came to C-link, which was not good headwork. Too much complexity that requires a lot of communication.
They're best off using a simpler game plan with power-running formations and short, chain moving passes, as AZ did. They have, since their game with us, shifted to more of that style of play, and the results are clear.
Our hands will be full. It's 'big boy pants time,' and building a lead is almost a must, because if you try to grind it out with these guys you are immediately at a disadvantage.

Polaris

Reaction score
Actually one big problem the 49ner are going to face this Sunday is that that (believe it or not) they ALWAYS have a 'finnesse' Offensive game plan. The 49ner offense has a huge number of "check with me" plays (where a play is two plays and requires a read and signal from the QB on the line to determine which play it is) and audibles.

Those plays are WORTHLESS in the Clink, and Kaep doesn't improvise nearly as well as Wilson and tends to take more chances when he does.

This is why San Fran has had a dismal record in Seattle of late and given what I've seen the last few weeks of the road, these critical aspects the San Fran offense haven't changed.