AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I think Pete knows and is using it in his favor ala Belichick

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1jfjqfuz said:
seahawk12thman":1jfjqfuz said:
Seeker":1jfjqfuz said:
Pete doesn't even have a choice on whether or not percy plays this time (nor does Percy for that matter). he's going throught the protocol means he is going through the protocol.

Does that mean he has failed his earlier tests?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... oncussions

4th paragraph in "DAYS AFTER THE GAME" section:

A player feeling normal one day after the game might pass cognitive testing Tuesday and begin a light exercise program, intensify their exercise routine Wednesday, participate in non-contact aspects of practice on Thursday and return to full practice Friday.

Based on this it sounds like he's behind schedule if he's not practicing on Thursday.

amill87

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":39m9aqyd said:
I think Pete knows and is using it in his favor ala Belichick

He 100% knows how far along he is. He just isn't going to say that and why would be until be has to?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2olu7va4 said:
Basis4day":2olu7va4 said:
What they "need" to do is follow the protocol. Concussions are serious. Percy's life is more important than fan desire.
Which is why in a sane world, Sean Payton's career within the NFL (or really any kind of organized football at all) would be over. If Percy does make it back, at least the Niners aren't the Rams or Ain'ts, and Coach Douche actually seems to respect the game enough not to encourage outright head-hunting.

Totally agree, even though he acts like a douche, he is a damn great coach and his players play by the rules. For that I respect Harbaugh.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":3ikelqmg said:
Basis4day":3ikelqmg said:
seahawk12thman":3ikelqmg said:
Seeker":3ikelqmg said:
Pete doesn't even have a choice on whether or not percy plays this time (nor does Percy for that matter). he's going throught the protocol means he is going through the protocol.

A player feeling normal one day after the game might pass cognitive testing Tuesday and begin a light exercise program, intensify their exercise routine Wednesday, participate in non-contact aspects of practice on Thursday and return to full practice Friday.

Based on this it sounds like he's behind schedule if he's not practicing on Thursday.

There is no set schedule, at least not in the way you are inferring.

The team is cautious with all injuries and take the league's focus on "taking the head out if the game." You need look no further than Kam Chancellor learning to hit the right way.

They're following the rules of the protocol. There is honestly nothing else to go on. You can't compare two different concussions on two different players or attempt to infer what stage he is in. Even if he doesn't end up playing, there were no facts to make that inference now with the information available.

I know no one is going to feel better about that and the want definitive answers. There really is nothing more to learn on the subject, even if Sean Dimond sends out a tweet.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would love to have Percy out there, as I really think we need him for our offense at this point and time. They need something to give it a jump start, however I just don't see how he can come back from 2 concussions to play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hardwick for the Chargers wasn't cleared to practice last week until Friday, so it's not unheard of for a player to be cleared to practice so late in the week.

I do know one thing, I'm tired of Percy Harvin drama. It's freaking exhausting.

amill87

Reaction score
Basis4day":221198um said:

The team is cautious with all injuries and take the league's focus on "taking the head out if the game." You need look no further than Kam Chancellor learning to hit the right way.

They're following the rules of the protocol. There is honestly nothing else to go on. You can't compare two different concussions on two different players or attempt to infer what stage he is in. Even if he doesn't end up playing, there were no facts to make that inference now with the information available.

I know no one is going to feel better about that and the want definitive answers. There really is nothing more to learn on the subject, even if Sean Dimond sends out a tweet.

Exactly. This deadline that is being talked about does not exist. At least not for today

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":ksyybcgp said:
Basis4day":ksyybcgp said:
seahawk12thman":ksyybcgp said:
Seeker":ksyybcgp said:

To note, the Dr.Herring quoted in that section is one of the Seahawks team physicians. He also states;

The player's history of injury and other issues come into play

Which does not bode well in Harvin's case, although we shall see tomorrow.

kidhawk

Reaction score
652cHAWK":227hcy2b said:
To note, the Dr.Herring quoted in that section is one of the Seahawks team physicians. He also states;

I think that the history of injury here is more along the lines of previous concussions. The more you have the more apt it is that you will take longer to recover. I don't believe Percy has a concussion history.

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3dq9eacf said:

Actually that does make me feel better :)

50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-SbQd.jpeg

Foghawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":35aukqv5 said:
652cHAWK":35aukqv5 said:

I think that the history of injury here is more along the lines of previous concussions. The more you have the more apt it is that you will take longer to recover. I don't believe Percy has a concussion history.

Stop using common sense, that's not the hip thing to do around here :D

seadoc30

Reaction score
Percy doesn't need practice. Never was fond of practice. I think he will play but won't be a major part of game plan.

seadoc30

Reaction score
seahawksny":1b8i37tz said:
we won 12 games WITHOUT him- whats the fuss

We did, but we wouldn't have won half of those games with the this crappy offense we have currently.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ylawrny said:
PFT said that Percy did not pass his Wednesday tests.

Harvin went to see doctors on Wednesday, but he hasn’t passed the test mandated by the league’s protocol for concussions and will need to also pass another test to get cleared for Sunday’s game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/16/percy-harvin-still-not-cleared-to-practice/

This is kinda how I'm reading into what Pete's saying.

Yesterday he said at his presser that we'd know more after Percy's concussion testing in the afternoon. The only thing that could have prevented him from not practicing today was failing yesterday's tests. This doesn't give me much hope that he'll all of a sudden pass today's test........which is probably the last day he can pass and Pete still let's him play. I can't see him passing late tomorrow afternoon and Pete playing him Sunday with one day of practice.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ajgempa said:
PFT said that Percy did not pass his Wednesday tests.

Harvin went to see doctors on Wednesday, but he hasn’t passed the test mandated by the league’s protocol for concussions and will need to also pass another test to get cleared for Sunday’s game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/16/percy-harvin-still-not-cleared-to-practice/

What he's saying is he hasn't passed the final test which allows him him to participate fully in practice.

There are numerous tests he needs to pass to get there. No information is available to dictate which stage of the protocol he is currently in.
Again, i'm not trying to convince anyone that he is going to play. I am trying to convince people that we don't have enough information to make a declaration either way.