Thursday Percy updates thread

Basis4day

Reaction score
Polaris":2w0excyy said:
amill87":2w0excyy said:
Pete just said he's still going through the process.

Guess we won't know until we see the injury report

Aggravating but not suprising. I wouldn't be suprised if Pete holds this close to the vest until game day.

As he should. More important to affect Niners gameplan rather than the fans' curiosity.

Largent80

Reaction score
Pete just said he is still going thru the protocols. I expect him to play (power of positive thinking).

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Basis4day":ubqelxnw said:
Polaris":ubqelxnw said:
amill87":ubqelxnw said:

Aggravating but not suprising. I wouldn't be suprised if Pete holds this close to the vest until game day.

As he should. More important to affect Niners gameplan rather than the fans' curiosity.

Percy needs to be out there. It is not like he has had a whole lot of reps.. I am gonna go crazy.

amill87

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":c925kxmw said:
Just said he's not practicing today.

I must have missed that part. I didn't hear him say he is not practicing

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":r995sm03 said:
Basis4day":r995sm03 said:
Polaris":r995sm03 said:
amill87":r995sm03 said:

Percy needs to be out there. It is not like he has had a whole lot of reps.. I am gonna go crazy.

What they "need" to do is follow the protocol. Concussions are serious. Percy's life is more important than fan desire.

Basis4day

Reaction score
amill87":1m26gdub said:
Beer Hawk":1m26gdub said:
Just said he's not practicing today.

I must have missed that part. I didn't hear him say he is not practicing

He did. Percy is not at practice, but they're following the next step in the protocol.

To learn more about the process, google: "nfl concussion protocol". They're keeping this close to the vest.

Seeker

Reaction score
Pete doesn't even have a choice on whether or not percy plays this time (nor does Percy for that matter). he's going throught the protocol means he is going through the protocol.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Maybe it is just me, but this thread title leads me to think that it is official that he is a no go for the game?

(edited) ok the title was changed thanks!

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seeker":1ac4scg3 said:
Pete doesn't even have a choice on whether or not percy plays this time (nor does Percy for that matter). he's going throught the protocol means he is going through the protocol.

Does that mean he has failed his earlier tests?

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2ysht7kj said:
Seeker":2ysht7kj said:

No.

OP
OP
T

tleise32

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":382zy9br said:
Seeker":382zy9br said:

no it means nothing, you could translate petes words today to say

" we will not say details on anything, he is still being tested "

but percy knows how he feels, pete knows how he feels. Pete PROBABLY knows wether or know percy knows where he is located. Percy knows if he feels dizzy.

close to the vest

if i had to bet, he is announced to play on sunday itself and makes a decent impact.

they know he is playing.

amill87

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1mp1iy3b said:
Seeker":1mp1iy3b said:

No. It means they are going through all the steps. We don't know what step he is on or if he failed any.

This 'deadline' of practicing today is something that fans and media are making up. I don't think it means anything. He does have to get through a practice though and show no signs, so if he doesn't practice tomorrow, the odds will go down that he plays

OP
OP
T

tleise32

Reaction score
either SF takes time to gameplan for Percy playing .... and it takes away time and mind from other areas

Or they ignor this and then he does play and could have a big impact

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Basis4day":80lt1kau said:
What they "need" to do is follow the protocol. Concussions are serious. Percy's life is more important than fan desire.
Which is why in a sane world, Sean Payton's career within the NFL (or really any kind of organized football at all) would be over. If Percy does make it back, at least the Niners aren't the Rams or Ain'ts, and Coach Douche actually seems to respect the game enough not to encourage outright head-hunting.