Thoughts on wearing Grey/White Jerseys at Home Games...

drdiags

Reaction score
Too bad the OP didn't make a poll just to see how well this post was received. Doesn't look good based on the comments so far. I vote no comment.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I find the gray unis to be fugly. They look like my white dress shirts after having them laundered in (insert 3rd world country here). They are more Coog like than good.

I am OK with our new unis but would like to see our originals worn more frequently. In fact, I can't recall seeing them worn at all since the change. They are timeless and one of the best in league history, IMO. The old colors with the new, angrier Hawk logo would be quite cool.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Because seriously, it just can't be said enough about this thread:

QnIwS5VGUw1PlZATRQR5tl5zNoPf2h4kncIGLVFZKsZ9RSiIvi..........GharUhlba6Bj57FKyNo0dJbjj0su NIlKdH50IrWbqqIJOAPhA.........S6UHf 7XmjL8Af1i97b1oxbln8rCfIiHaS3axBDcxk7Th jtAV.........RDSBNpOQO P57hYSAQoHSStjt0bZ hu0amkFcui6B8fGoG7AUk..........CgEV F2PaF0BboYS8YptQiRsTSWDSP6OmVTirP3YFJxvMnpXww

cdallan

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":kps6j8w5 said:
FlyingGreg":kps6j8w5 said:
I want to see kilts.

Why are you baiting Pe

That's not fair - everything baits Pe.

And I plan to go to a game next season wearing a kilt and a Wilson jersey. No real reason - I just like making a spectacle of myself.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
cdallan":qus0mpkl said:
That's not fair - everything baits Pe.

And I plan to go to a game next season wearing a kilt and a Wilson jersey. No real reason - I just like making a spectacle of myself.

So does a monocle.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Does this thread need to wait 5 years to be eligible for the "stupid .net posts hall of fame"?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":4dgthw5h said:
Does this thread need to wait 5 years to be eligible for the "stupid .net posts hall of fame"?
No, it can go now if people want it to. But really let's face it, it'll never touch cboom and his comment about Wilson sucking and how he'd seen all the Hawks' QBs and so forth so considering that why bother with any hall of fame of stupid comments/threads/etc.? His is so far ahead of anyone else's that he is the stupid comment hall of fame.

The Radish

Reaction score
JonRud":s8cihcob said:
I agree with the Starship captain.

Come on JR Commander Sisko is not a Star Ship Captain, he's the commander of DS9.lol

His very best part tho was Hawk on Spenser for Hire.

:les:

Winterfell

Reaction score
As long as they're fans of the team and show their support, who cares what they wear to the stadium?

There are Seahawk fans from all walks of life, economic means, and cultural backgrounds. There are many Seahawk fans who probably struggle with putting food on the table and providing a roof over their family, whose children are on a free lunch program and they're working multiple jobs to make ends meet. The fact that they are spending their precious money on tickets to support their team should be enough. Who cares if they show up in jeans and a sweatshirt and can't afford to buy the "most appropriate" jersey. They might not be wearing blue and green, but they bleed blue and green like the rest of us.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I wear one of those camouflage jerseys they sell on eBay. If you've never seen one, then it's working.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3l6v1f95 said:
if you wear white jersey to a home game you're an idiot.

:salute:

I have to respectfully disagree with the assertion that wearing what is essentially a different version of a jersey, that still supports the home team, makes a person idiotic.

Some families have less financial means to afford more than one Seahawks jersey for every member of the family. Especially since official team/league/Nike apparel is very expensive.

If a young Seahawks fan was told by his/her parents that he/she could only choose one jersey and he/she happened to like the Away jersey better, who are we to judge? Depending on the jersey type it could easily cost over $100.

The other alternative for this hypothetical family would be to buy counterfeit jerseys from China, which maybe would allow them to buy multiple jerseys for each family member, but at the same time that's ALSO frowned upon since it doesn't directly benefit and support the NFL and Seahawks organization, right?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Winterfell":3gs1swdv said:
Zebulon Dak":3gs1swdv said:
if you wear white jersey to a home game you're an idiot.

:salute:

I have to respectfully disagree with the assertion that wearing what is essentially a different version of a jersey, that still supports the home team, makes a person idiotic.

Some families have less financial means to afford more than one Seahawks jersey for every member of the family. Especially since official team/league/Nike apparel is very expensive.

If a young Seahawks fan was told by his/her parents that he/she could only choose one jersey and he/she happened to like the Away jersey better, who are we to judge? Depending on the jersey type it could easily cost over $100.

The other alternative for this hypothetical family would be to buy counterfeit jerseys from China, which maybe would allow them to buy multiple jerseys for each family member, but at the same time that's ALSO frowned upon since it doesn't directly benefit and support the NFL and Seahawks organization, right?

I was just kidding. It literally doesn't matter what you wear to the game as long as it's lawful.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3tmunc43 said:
I was just kidding. It literally doesn't matter what you wear to the game as long as it's lawful.

Aha, my bad. :mrgreen:

My ability to detect sarcasm online needs improving.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Winterfell":3kpq874q said:
Zebulon Dak":3kpq874q said:

Aha, my bad. :mrgreen:

My ability to detect sarcasm online needs improving.

of course I could've just used one of these: :sarcasm_on:

:thirishdrinkers:

two dog

Reaction score
When the twelves hit the runway, they like to be in the feathers they like best.
This is decided between them and their mirror.

They are 12's, what the hell do you care what they wear.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Winterfell":lj02z5yt said:
There are many Seahawk fans who probably struggle with putting food on the table and providing a roof over their family, whose children are on a free lunch program and they're working multiple jobs to make ends meet. The fact that they are spending their precious money on tickets to support their team should be enough. .

I'd like to meet these people and teach them about life's priorities. Entertainment is way down the list...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HagFaithful":19qnntzz said:
Winterfell":19qnntzz said:
There are many Seahawk fans who probably struggle with putting food on the table and providing a roof over their family, whose children are on a free lunch program and they're working multiple jobs to make ends meet. The fact that they are spending their precious money on tickets to support their team should be enough. .

I'd like to meet these people and teach them about life's priorities. Entertainment is way down the list...

There's a PWR forum for such discussions. :th2thumbs:

Latest posts