This upcoming game will be a lot closer.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":mbn4s7in said:
peachesenregalia":mbn4s7in said:
I disagree. their offense is the very definition of one-dimentional. Vikings simply don't have the ability to throw the ball downfield, certainly not against our D.

In fairness, you could've said these same things about the St. Louis Rams.

The weather will be extreme, and we have a starting RB who hasn't played or practiced in two months. These are a couple variables that could introduce enough chaos for a team like the Vikings to win On paper, however, Seattle is a far superior team and would win 8 out of 10 times in normal conditions.

I agree with DavidSeven. We 'should' win, however:

1. The Vikings had time to look at tape, and their D has very capable players, especially when the starters are healthy, which they are now. Minnesota's has a defensive-minded head coach, who will go over all of the corrections with a fine-tooth comb. None of the teams we've whipped on since the since the bye week have had another crack at us. The Vikings are first to get that chance. If you think about it without wearing rose-colored glasses, we suddenly became much better despite using the exact same personnel, and it seems we've been able plug-in backups players on O, yet keep ripping through opponents. It's almost as if we've installed some sort of gimmick offense that is taking other teams by surprise, but once they see enough tape on it, they will come up with ways to slow us down, provided they have capable personnel.

2. The Hawks haven't played in weather this cold all year long. Concentration of many players may be affected, combined with the football being as hard as a rock (less catchable). That opens up the possibility of drops, fumbles and weird bounces. Who knows how many of those bounces go our way? Did I mention that Minn is bound to be way more acclimated than we are. No? OK, there, I've said it.

I believe we should and will beat Minn, but I'm not fooling myself that it will be a cakewalk this time around.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
idahohawk":3lif690i said:
This worries me more than I thought it would. Bizarre/extreme weather makes for unpredictable games. I also think it lessens the gap between the two teams. The extreme weather factor has me pretty worried. #holdme

DavidSeven":3lif690i said:
peachesenregalia":3lif690i said:
I disagree. their offense is the very definition of one-dimentional. Vikings simply don't have the ability to throw the ball downfield, certainly not against our D.

In fairness, you could've said these same things about the St. Louis Rams.

The weather will be extreme, and we have a starting RB who hasn't played or practiced in two months. These are a couple variables that could introduce enough chaos for a team like the Vikings to win On paper, however, Seattle is a far superior team and would win 8 out of 10 times in normal conditions.

Now think about that just for a second and I think you'll breathe a bit easier. Where did Russell Wilson play his college ball? Wisconsin (frozen tundra conditions) ... and all he did in that bitter cold was to dominate college football and take his team to the Rose Bowl. Marshawn Lynch ... played in Buffalo (not exactly a Palm Springs there by any means). So that bitter/extreme cold -- unless it's an outright blizzard, I don't see it affecting the outcome of this game nearly as much as many think it will. "Chill" out. ;)

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The Hawks have the ability to win this game on every level. If they all decide to show up. Just two weeks ago they laid a bad egg. I know they are successful in the playoffs and when it counts but they do have some weaknesses and obviously are not unbeatable. Who knows how the Vikings will play in the playoffs when it matters. I do think we will win but it is not a slam dunk. I hope it is and hope we dominate but for 6 games this season the sky was falling for us.

Cartire

Reaction score
Cartire":n14ek9zz said:
NFSeahawks628":n14ek9zz said:
Cartire":n14ek9zz said:
NFSeahawks628":n14ek9zz said:
How worried are you on a scale from 1-10?

F10d4100 c567 4923 aa67 cb9043df816c zpshv1fjrfa

where did you find hawks at -6?

I've only seen -7.

Bovada man, It's the best for so many reasons.

Darn. Im down in Vegas for work. -7 is all they have. Guess online gambling for me.

Update: Found -5 at the mirage.